• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Do FG hate Ireland/The Irish?


daithimac

Active member
Joined
Apr 12, 2006
Messages
193
Twitter
@daveyawesome
i noticed on this site a few months before the election a number of FG members expousing notions that most irish people are stupid idiots and that the nation as a whole is a bit of a joke. This resurfaced a few days after the election with the general population refered to as idiots. Is this fustration that to small a percentage of the population see the world as they do or is it a symptom of something deeper
 

White Horse

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
7,064
Re: DO FG HATE IRELAND/THE IRISH

daithimac said:
i noticed on this site a few months before the election a number of FG members expousing notions that most irish people are stupid idiots and that the nation as a whole is a bit of a joke. This resurfaced a few days after the election with the general population refered to as idiots. Is this fustration that to small a percentage of the population see the world as they do or is it a symptom of something deeper
Apart from Daithimac, I have huge respect for my fellow countrymen.
 

Seos

Active member
Joined
Nov 19, 2005
Messages
153
This thread is trolling.
Although I have seen an alarming section of this site which think that Ireland is incompetent particularly in relation to running things, infrastructural projects and recognising corruption and they use language to convey this that sugests they hate their own country, they wheren't confined to Fine Gael though.
 

meriwether

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
12,604
jjcarroll said:
It is a common trait across the party, an intellectual expression of our self-flagellation (the main stay of any good meeting).
John, it was a nice touch at our last meeting on your part to start it with a stirring tribute to Cromwell.
It blew my homage to Thatcher out of the stadium, I can tell you.
 

daithimac

Active member
Joined
Apr 12, 2006
Messages
193
Twitter
@daveyawesome
Seos said:
This thread is trolling.
Although I have seen an alarming section of this site which think that Ireland is incompetent particularly in relation to running things, infrastructural projects and recognising corruption and they use language to convey this that sugests they hate their own country, they wheren't confined to Fine Gael though.
Thats what im getting at. not any kind of unionism. there are many good folks in FG some of them have even made it into the dail
 

daithimac

Active member
Joined
Apr 12, 2006
Messages
193
Twitter
@daveyawesome
but i never recall hearing any of that language from members of Labour or Sinn fein.
 

sparkey321

Well-known member
Joined
May 4, 2007
Messages
1,385
I dont think Ireland is incompetent. Nor do I hate my country.

I do however think that the civil service is incompetent and that there was and to a degree still is corruption in the public service and at political levels.

Anyone who denies the incompetence in relation to the infrastructural projects must be blind.

Why does saying so make me hote my country ?? I love my country and want to see change in the public service so my country can have a public service to be proud of.
 

meriwether

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
12,604
I get the impression Daithimac that you're the sort of guy who appreciates the simplier things in life.
Like a nice pair of slacks, or the love a man can have for a lamp.
Id say you're very punctual aswell, somehow?
 

KingKane

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 19, 2003
Messages
2,335
Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
meriwether said:
jjcarroll said:
It is a common trait across the party, an intellectual expression of our self-flagellation (the main stay of any good meeting).
John, it was a nice touch at our last meeting on your part to start it with a stirring tribute to Cromwell.
It blew my homage to Thatcher out of the stadium, I can tell you.
Personally speaking it was the opportunity for flagellation that first drew me to the party. That and a strong doctrine of fiscal rectitude.
 

Cael

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
13,343
Seos said:
This thread is trolling.
Although I have seen an alarming section of this site which think that Ireland is incompetent particularly in relation to running things, infrastructural projects and recognising corruption and they use language to convey this that sugests they hate their own country, they wheren't confined to Fine Gael though.
I never saw anyone saying that Ireland is incompetant - but I saw lots of people, including myself, sayint that the FF gombeens are incompetant. For example, pumping 117 billion into a property bubble during 10 years of unprecedented world boom, while making only 1.25 billion available for venture capital to Irish companies - thus leaving a situation where Irish companies only account for 8% of exports, while multi-nationals (who make up 98% of exports) are moving to East Europe. 75% of R&D in Ireland is carried out by foreign companies. If you take the 25% of R&D done by Irish companies, then we are at the very bottom of the list of supposedly developed countries. Meanwhile, the gombeens cannot find anywhere else to stick a motorway, except right through the most important spiritual, cultural and archeological complexes in Europe - all because a few gombeen brown envelope backers of FF have bought land along this particular route. You would have to go to some pretty dark corners of Africa or South America to find the likes of Fianna Fáil.

That FG could not defeat such an incompetant gombeen gang is a very big question, that I will leave to FG supporters to answer.
 

meriwether

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
12,604
KingKane said:
meriwether said:
jjcarroll said:
It is a common trait across the party, an intellectual expression of our self-flagellation (the main stay of any good meeting).
John, it was a nice touch at our last meeting on your part to start it with a stirring tribute to Cromwell.
It blew my homage to Thatcher out of the stadium, I can tell you.
Personally speaking it was the opportunity for flagellation that first drew me to the party. That and a strong doctrine of fiscal rectitude.
I thought you hogged the electrical flagellator a little too long KK, to be honest.
Some of the newer people wanted a go, you know.
Anything, its something we can look into for the next meeting.
 

Insider2007

Active member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
213
rockofcashel said:
now you know what it feels like to be a Shinner
So cruel. ;) Could be worse. FG could have O'Snodaigh and McDonald. The former makes Michael Ring look like Einstein, while the latter makes Nora Owen look like a page 3 girl. Mary Lou has more facial hair than Gerry, just hasn't got the armani look right yet! :p
 

meriwether

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
12,604
Insider2007 said:
rockofcashel said:
now you know what it feels like to be a Shinner
So cruel. ;) Could be worse. FG could have O'Snodaigh and McDonald. The former makes Michael Ring look like Einstein, while the latter makes Nora Owen look like a page 3 girl. Mary Lou has more facial hair than Gerry, just hasn't got the armani look right yet! :p
There's no need for that at all.
 

rockyracoon

Active member
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
181
As I never liked FG for reasons of my own, I didn't really pick up on the diversity of opinion that actually exists in the party. Most often I picked up on their right wing extremist elements. These people, I don't what proportion they represent, really do have a hatred of sections of the Irish population. I think they believe that poorer sections of the Irish population are letting the side down, so to speak. That the poor and underachievers are poor and underachieving to spite some in the extreme right wing of FG.

On the whole, I do not think they dislike the nation. Some part of the party dislikes some part of the nation. You probably have this in every party to some extent. It's just that that part of FG which holds extremist views is often loudest.
 
Top