DO FG TDs LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD?

greengoose2

The gaff lady seems to have made another gaff so what's new?

It seems that:

Fine Gael TDs ‘tore strips’ out of Jobs Minister Mary Mitchell O’Connor
“She stood up reading from her phone. It kept crashing, in need of a password.
Is the girl for real? A minister at that. This crew are laughable.

A party source added: “She lit a camp fire basically and then set the tent on fire.”
Speaking of fires, even the brave Michel from Mayo had some caustic comments to make!

Mayo senator Michelle Mulherin also voiced concern about the lack of jobs in her county.

This sort of sheer incompetence merits an immediate sacking but I'm sure she has Enda's complete confidence. How long more will this farce go on for? Perhaps this latest gaff is designed to take people's mind off that damp squib of a budget!

wexfordman

Well, when we have politicians availing of multiple pensions, untouched expenses and when they get paid j substantially, ust for cycling in to work , then the answer is clearly they do not live in the real world.

And until we make them live in the real world we will continue to be shafted. Politicians need to be made to live by the laws and regulations that they implement. Increase the retirement age for Joe soap, then politicians must also increase. If a politician Cam claim a mileage allowance for cycling to work, or taking a train or whatever, then the rest of us should be able to deduct it from our tax (or to be more realistic, politicians just shouldn't be allowed claim mileage).

Notachipanoaktree

It seems that:

Speaking of fires, even the brave Michel from Mayo had some caustic comments to make!

This sort of sheer incompetence merits an immediate sacking but I'm sure she has Enda's complete confidence. How long more will this farce go on for? Perhaps this latest gaff is designed to take people's mind off that damp squib of a budget!
She's not alone. Pascal is on the same medication. FFS

Levellers

What I can't believe is that this idiot was a school principal. Who trusted her to run a school?

As well as that she has more paint on her than the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

GDPR

Well, when we have politicians availing of multiple pensions, untouched expenses and when they get paid j substantially, ust for cycling in to work , then the answer is clearly they do not live in the real world.

And until we make them live in the real world we will continue to be shafted. Politicians need to be made to live by the laws and regulations that they implement. Increase the retirement age for Joe soap, then politicians must also increase. If a politician Cam claim a mileage allowance for cycling to work, or taking a train or whatever, then the rest of us should be able to deduct it from our tax (or to be more realistic, politicians just shouldn't be allowed claim mileage).
There is a sense of entitlement there, in common with public sector workers, which is one reason why politicians are always so soft on them, but you're right, the sense of entitlement needs to stop.

TD's in Dublin should have no travel allowance, those outside could have the price of a yearly rail ticket as their travel allowance, how they would use that would be up to them.

GDPR

It seems that:

They live in their own "real world", which in the case of FG TD's would be a very middle class world. Fine for the normal 20 odd percent who normally vote for them, they're very largely middle class themselves, but no excuse for any floating voter to do so and later claiming they didn't know exactly what they voted for.

GDPR

She was only a humble school teacher ...

But she gave a very good grind :)

flavirostris

She seems to be like FG's version of Mary Coughlan who was also out of her depth in that department, which is one of the top cabinet roles.

I suspect that many FF TDs were secretly mortified by Mary Coughlan's shocking & ignorant performances.

O'Connor is not quite that bad but very much out of her depth there.

Uganda

What I can't believe is that this idiot was a school principal. Who trusted her to run a school?

As well as that she has more paint on her than the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
Why cant you believe this?

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
"...we know nothing about the IMF being called in..."

"...we know nothing about a Government climbdown on €12,000 pay hikes for ministers..."

Different plinth same style knuckleheads...Finna Gael / Fine Fail.

[/IMG]

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
...going forward....with Mary. These are the people making the rules for the rest of us.

[video=youtube;7DcNSBksKjM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DcNSBksKjM[/video]

greengoose2

You mean she's more experienced in teaching than Enda ever was....OMFG!
One thing is sure - she'll never become a driving instructor. When she pulled that particular stunt she could have been excused for her euphoria but she exceeded herself with this gem:

Mary Mitchell O’Connor defends emigrant tax proposal

In her first public comments following the dismissal of the proposal, the minister said: “It’s not all about Mary Mitchell O’Connor. I’m a much bigger person than that. I know that I have a really important job.
MicK Wallace had her well pegged.

D

Deleted member 48908

What's this "special emigrant tax" referenced in the article?

edwin

She's a liberal south Dublin woman. Guaranteed an easier ride from the media than anyone else displaying similar levels of stupidity would be.

ergo2

Aw c'mon

1. I have met many school principals. Most are very able people

2. About paint and Sistine Chapel.
Have seen that Chapel, and have seen many photos of the Minister. I think she is an attractive woman. Has Bea C commented yet on this?.

3, It seems she was getting briefing material on her phone. That is the modern way. Sometimes connections break down, just as sometimes the letter does not arrive in the post. Hardly a big deal

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
What's this "special emigrant tax" referenced in the article?
It would have allowed those earning €75,000 or more to pay just 30 per cent tax on their income if they returned to Ireland subject to time limits. The proposal was immediately dismissed in the Dáil by An Taoiseach Enda Kenny (who wants to bring home 75'000-where will they live) emigrants as “unfair and discriminatory”. Fianna Fáil leader Micheál Martin described it as a “bananas idea”.

“It is really important that we have jobs in rural and regional areas,” she said. “I’m from the country myself, I’m absolutely passionate that that happens.”

Good job Mary happens to have an 'important' position.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies