• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Do Many SDLP Voters Identify As British?

TruthInTheNews

I was just wondering if many SDLP voters identify as British? The SDLP is committed to a United Ireland. How does that play with voters who identify as British?

McSlaggart

I was just wondering if many SDLP voters identify as British? The SDLP is committed to a United Ireland. How does that play with voters who identify as British?
What do you mean when you say "identify" as British? I dont think anyone is clear what version of "British" you are on about. I for example like the BBC (their news is not great) the NHS used to be great and is still good if your are in a very sick situation. I have used a British passport for getting in and out of Britian.

As for a personal "identity" that would be Tyrone then Ireland.

between the bridges

Well before this is zoo'd (crap OP) there was a survey and Iirc 50(ish)% of SDLP and 25% of sf/Ra votailers didn't want the mythological utopian UI...

michael-mcivor

The SDLP are as British as Mo Farah- both want to be but will never be accepted as loyal Brits -

between the bridges

The SDLP are as British as Mo Farah- both want to be but will never be accepted as loyal Brits -
Mick, remind us why the shinners gave ye the boot...

physicist

What do you mean when you say "identify" as British? I dont think anyone is clear what version of "British" you are on about. I for example like the BBC (their news is not great) the NHS used to be great and is still good if your are in a very sick situation. I have used a British passport for getting in and out of Britian.

Well a good question, I mean George Galloway identifies proudly as British national and he wants a United Ireland. Doesn't vote SDLP though.

michael-mcivor

Well a good question, I mean George Galloway identifies proudly as British national and he wants a United Ireland. Doesn't vote SDLP though.
No the SDLP does not stand foe elections in England so it would be hard for Galloway to give them a preference- saying that the SDLP refuse to stand in 26 Irish counties during elections- the Stoops don't want a preference from a lot of Irish people either-

cricket

I always thought that the end of the silly season happened in the Rose of Tralee week.

Had 327

Shinners baiting again

PBP voter

Plenty of Unionists vote for the SDLP in Westminster elections to keep out the Shinners.

TruthInTheNews

Do you feel a sense of loyalty and an emotional attachment to Britain and icons of British nationalism such as the Queen and the Union flag?

between the bridges

Do you feel a sense of loyalty and an emotional attachment to Britain and icons of British nationalism such as the Queen and the Union flag?
Yes, moi knows for a fact McSlabbers has a picture's of HMQ and carry's them about with him...

Enigma Variations

:roll:
I'd happily take the bait if I wasn't washing the dog's hair...................................

michael-mcivor

Michael, threatening to do bodily harm to people isn't the best way to ameliorate your reputation.
Mo could be one of those who would love a sail in the boot of a car- I would even throw him the odd sandwich to keep the nasty hunger away- no harm in that-

McSlaggart

??

I would never think of Britain as having any particular symbols ie England, Wales, Scotland each have their own wee iconography. I never overly liked Queen but they did have some good tunes. Their is a lot in those 3 countries that I love and enjoy.

The only flag that does drive me nuts is the Irish national flag being abused on flag poles etc.

Therightroad

Is there such a thing as British any more?... those in London & Birmingham are more West Indian or African than British At this stage...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies