Do not accept the IMF/EU 'Bailout'!

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

I don't see the need or the sense behind the idea that the Irish people should fork out (+ interest) for the bad investments of German, French, British and other banks. We should not have to pay the private debts of others but our own.

It makes no sense to heap another 80+ billion onto the Irish national debt. It is a heist. It is an attempt to foist a loan on the Irish people with the sole purpose of paying other nations' bondholders and then charging us interest for the pain that will surely follow.

I suggest, if you have not done so already, you remove your deposits from Irish banks. If governments, supposedly acting on all our behalves, refuse to 'burn' the bondholders then we must do so ourselves and that can only be done (AFAICS) by taking effectve action against the banks ourselves.

Debt has gotten us into this trouble and so far, we don't need any more. It is time that the whole of Europe was made to confront the debt crisis head-on.

gijoe

Halve all social welfare payments and public sector pay is the alternative. Off you go and sell that to the public.

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

I'm talking about private debt, not public. Sure the public deficit will still be there and we will surely have to deal with it.. Or we can bury our heads in the sand, take the deal and hope against hope that Portugal, Spain or Italy, or some other struggling eurozone member, won't default, leaving Ireland with an 80+ billion bill... for nothing.

SKELLY

There is another way!

all 450,000 people on the dole should immediately move to Germany.
Sign on there and send the money back to Ireland to pay off this loan.

Problem solved plus our public deficit is wiped clean.

atlantic

How much is the rockin roll in Germanoland.Send all the wasters that were on the rock n roll in the good times over, not the unfortunate people who lost their jobs , these people will eventually create their own employment ,get jobs or take off to better pastures.
There is another way!

all 450,000 people on the dole should immediately move to Germany.
Sign on there and send the money back to Ireland to pay off this loan.

Problem solved plus our public deficit is wiped clean.

MPB

I'm talking about private debt, not public. Sure the public deficit will still be there and we will surely have to deal with it.. Or we can bury our heads in the sand, take the deal and hope against hope that Portugal, Spain or Italy, or some other struggling eurozone member, won't default, leaving Ireland with an 80+ billion bill... for nothing.
+1

The euro is headed for the scrap heap. First one out wins. These idiots think pumping money into dead Irish Banks and leaving an over indebted economy to pick up the bill is going to stop the contagion.

Saving Irish Banks does not cure the problems of Portugal and Spain, it just pushes them down the road another 6 months.

Pity our dynastical political system precludes people with backbone.

In Britains hour of need they were lucky enough to have a Churchill. We have a bunch of spineless, yellow bastards.

SKELLY

How much is the rockin roll in Germanoland.Send all the wasters that were on the rock n roll in the good times over, not the unfortunate people who lost their jobs , these people will eventually create their own employment ,get jobs or take off to better pastures.
Its not a permanent solution and was tongue in check tbh!
By my calculation these people would only need to stay there for 2 years to pay of 80billion.

Seriously tho this bailout has to be stoped, kicking the can down the road when we are fast running out of road is not the answer.

We need to fight fire with fire here!!

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

The consequence of a run on banks is their collapse. Set up a new bank with say a 75% capital reserve to protect deposits and allow some lending.

Or perhaps an alternative to fractional reserve that would serve the community better.

Iarmuid

I don't see the need or the sense behind the idea that the Irish people should fork out (+ interest) for the bad investments of German, French, British and other banks. We should not have to pay the private debts of others but our own.

It makes no sense to heap another 80+ billion onto the Irish national debt. It is a heist. It is an attempt to foist a loan on the Irish people with the sole purpose of paying other nations' bondholders and then charging us interest for the pain that will surely follow.

I suggest, if you have not done so already, you remove your deposits from Irish banks. If governments, supposedly acting on all our behalves, refuse to 'burn' the bondholders then we must do so ourselves and that can only be done (AFAICS) by taking effectve action against the banks ourselves.

Debt has gotten us into this trouble and so far, we don't need any more. It is time that the whole of Europe was made to confront the debt crisis head-on.
+1 this can not nor should not be allowed to stand - socalism for the elite, slavery for everyone else - learn the money system teach someone else.

Cassandra Syndrome

We simply do nothing and cause the parasites within the global banking cartel to sweat. As I keep saying, we are nearly THREE (3) LEHMAN BROS. They need us to take the bailout more than we need the bailout.

Sit steady and wait.

Did you see the look of the IMF darklord strutting into the Central Bank? Bad looking hooer. Really nasty, creepy villain.

Magror14

All this talk of loss of sovereignty. I figure the only period in which we have a loss of sovereignty is before they hand over the cash. If we have learned anything from Haughey and the Celtic Tiger it is that when you owe enough money you are in charge not your creditors.

Sierra

We simply do nothing and cause the parasites within the global banking cartel to sweat. As I keep saying, we are nearly THREE (3) LEHMAN BROS. They need us to take the bailout more than we need the bailout.

Sit steady and wait.

Did you see the look of the IMF darklord strutting into the Central Bank? Bad looking hooer. Really nasty, creepy villain.
That's what I was thinking - the worries are contagion. Surely the longer we can hold out, the better the terms we can gain for a bailout as the "internationals" become more desperate to end the possibility of contagion.

Cassandra Syndrome

That's what I was thinking - the worries are contagion. Surely the longer we can hold out, the better the terms we can gain for a bailout as the "internationals" become more desperate to end the possibility of contagion.
Exactly. Do nothing for a week, they will be begging for our mercy. 2 weeks all expenses paid in Las Vegas for everyone as part of the deal along with guaranteed sovereignty AND being head of the EU dictating to them how to run the continent.

Cassandra Syndrome

Message for Cowen, DO NOTHING, LET THEM BEG

They (IMF) need us more than we need them. We are 3 Lehman Bros. A devastating contagion for their banking system. They longer we do nothing and ignore them the more desperate they will become.

What do you think?

A bailout is lights out for our country.

Sit and wait, let them sweat. We dictate the terms.

collina

They (IMF) need us more than we need them. We are 3 Lehman Bros. A devastating contagion for their banking system. They longer we do nothing and ignore them the more desperate they will become.

What do you think?

Isn't this a sort of Politcal-Biological warefare you're suggesting?

hmmm

I agree, but each day this drags on is damaging our international reputation and scaring off inward investment. We have a pair of 8s in our hand and we don't want to overplay it.

markjbloggs

What do you think?

You really are very funny today.....

New Threads

Most Replies