• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Do political parties respond to your queries?

Dame_Enda

Over many years I only get replies from FG and sometimes Labour. When I ask FF or SF or Greens a question through their website I never get a reply.

What is your experience?

fontenoy

I am Gerard Adams TD, I spend most of my time browsing this website. So if you would like any questions answered please direct them too me here.

farnaby

Over many years I only get replies from FG and sometimes Labour. When I ask FF or SF or Greens a question through their website I never get a reply.

What is your experience?
Emailed all local TDs about an issue a while back. FF replied alright - with either brutal honesty or gombeen brass neck, you choose. The response was basically "eh, we'll have to agree to disagree on that but sure give us your contact details"

I.e. I'm voting the way I'm told and I want you as canvassing fodder.

Fullforward

I had an local issue that I wanted looked into / dealt with and contacted all my local councillors. FG,SF and FF replied,nothing from Labour, AAA/PBP or Indos.

johnnypockets

Don't have any real experience myself but my mother had reason to ask all those running in her constituency about their position on the 8th. A few got back to her. Most didn't. The one who really impressed her was Michael McGrath.
He was not there when she called so she left a message. He then missed her the following day and left a message telling her his position. Then the day after he rang again and this time got to talk to her.He gave her all the time she needed to get any questions she had answered. It got him a vote from her anyway.

Last edited:

stakerwallace

always get a response from my local TDs

Mad as Fish

TBH I find emailing anybody a waste of time nowadays. The Americans are generally the worse, you might as well go fart in space as try to talk to them.

Last edited:

Irish-Rationalist

Politician's are a lot like solicitors. They'll only respond if they're getting paid or there's something else in it for them.

I've found the main parties quite good at replying.I once emailed Peter Robinson (him up North) and not only received a reply by email, but also ny snail mail.

Claire Daly is very responsive also. I've had an excellent exchange with Lucinda Creighton wherein we disagreed but she was very detailed and charming.

Spanner Island

What is your experience?
If you want a response to anything these days do it via 'social media'... and this applies beyond politics too...

The last thing companies, businesses, politicians and public reps etc. want is to have a plethora of bad posts on their public Facebook, Twitter pages etc.

I can't stand 'social media' myself... but for things like this where posts are public for all to see it's better than an email or a phone call etc. which can always be put on the back burner or ignored behind spurious claims that contact was never made in the first place... or that it must have gotten lost etc.

The one main drawback... you're not anonymous and you're communicating publicly... so be nice... :cool:

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies