Do RTÉ hate Sinn Féin?

Mickeymac

RTE current affairs have a deep deep hatred of Sinn Féin. Most of their journalists and commentators live in Dun Laoghaire or South Dublin and Wicklow. Areas with no Sinn Féin reps. That said the Troubles did not show N.I nationalists in too good a light.
They RTE have a lot of solidarity with their kinfolk in the N.I unionist community though. This includes hatred of S.F.
That said with a new Stormont, and with the old sectarianism softening, hopefully there will be a new beginning in Montrose.

Indeed, the unionist and British press forgot to mention why their government had to rush through legislation to outlaw the penal laws directed at Catholics since the Orange State was established.;)

Some good books to be had redneck, check them out.

RelentlessApathy!

Good timing, seven days from now in the final run up to the election the media will go to town on SF, as they do every other election. But I'm not complaining, old tricks become boring and the public becomes unimpressed until trends force new tricks. FF and FG are acting very entitled for two parties that don't even have 50% between them which is rather annoying the rest of the population who have no time for them. They may well come out the biggest parties, but that's little comfort if it's a reduced share of the pie between them. Media collusion can aggravate the situation, especially in a country where most voters don't even feel the national broadcaster is worth the fee any more.

LISTOWEL MAN

RTÉ need the electorate

the majority of the electorate are law abiding

sinn féin support murderers

RTÉ despise sinn féin

Rural

Even folk uninterested in politics are noticing the bias expressed by the media towards SF - particularly RTE and the Indo.
Sinn Féin seem to be getting a better reception on the streets and doorsteps during this campaign. I've seen a couple of videos where Leo and Eoghan are booed. I've also listened to some of RTE's vox pops, these must be severely edited before RTE puts them on air as they just don't seem to reflect what people are feeling this election time.

This video is funny -

Levellers

I see the Late Late are having Arlene Foster on the show on 31st January - just before the election. No doubt we will get her view of SF. Just before the last general election the LLS had Paul Williams on who went on a deranged rant against SF.

It is not known yet whether Arlene will be driven down by her husband or her driver.

RelentlessApathy!

I see the Late Late are having Arlene Foster on the show on 31st January - just before the election. No doubt we will get her view of SF. Just before the last general election the LLS had Paul Williams on who went on a deranged rant against SF.

It is not known yet whether Arlene will be driven down by her husband or her driver.
I don't think Arlene will have quite the fanbase as Williams, if anything it might go against them because of who is saying it. Especially if they give us the joy of Arlene telling us that the Black and Tans did nothing wrong :cool:

antidistinctlyminty (ADM)

jmcc

Interesting that the person at RTE with hands on control of the election coverage is Rory Coveney, brother of Simon.

No bias there then.
Isn't the LLS having Arlene Foster on the show next week to give the FG/DUP version of why people shouldn't vote for SF?

blinding

Does Arlene double team ?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies