Do TDs need Bodyguards

Oreo Livermore

I hate to bring up the question but do our public servants need some protection.

For example an English MP was recently stabbed

British politician stabbed in the stomach as he meets female constituent - NYPOST.com

The man was holding a surgery and this woman decided to do some surgery on him.

She was a muslim and wanted to send this lad to Allah. She stabbed him in special way. I suspect she wanted to cut off his balls. She deliberately wanted to let his guts out onto the ground. That is how they kill a goat and is worse than just hacking off his head.

He escaped but an attack some years ago was successfull. The MP escaped but an aide who defended him got his head cut off by a sword. It just flew off his neck and ended up in the politians lap

Even to the end, he still looked up to his boss:lol::lol:

Now there are a lot of these crazy muslims in Ireland and a lot of angry Irish people as well.

Would it not be prudent to take steps to protect TDs.

I am no fan of politians but would not like to see any of them gutted like a fish in the middle of the street.

Jesus Christ above,

look at this politician as a sword is pushed right into him right up to the hilt

Stabbed with a sword!!!!!! Video

Oreo Livermore

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4KROpdUkrM]YouTube - Inejiro Asanuma Assassination Footage (1960)[/ame]

This states the assassin was just 17 years old

just4ever

There are plenty of lunatics out there and some higher profile TD's might well be in need of them but imo this is one expense the tax payer can't be made to pay for.

Oreo Livermore

There are plenty of lunatics out there and some higher profile TD's might well be in need of them but imo this is one expense the tax payer can't be made to pay for.
What would it cost, about 10 million a year.

They could fire a few of the useless retainers they have if necessary.

Even if an unarmed, spur of the moment attack took place, serious injury would result

Squire Allworthy

Any of us could be shot, stabbed, killed or robbed. If any of us feel unduly at risk we either change our life style, were we live or work, or we improve our security. The expense for this coming out of our own pockets. So why should TDs be any different?

TradCat

It's us who need protection from them not the other way around.

T

The_Big_Fellow

I hate to bring up the question but do our public servants need some protection.

British politician stabbed in the stomach as he meets female constituent - NYPOST.com

She was a muslim and wanted to send this lad to Allah. She stabbed him in special way. I suspect she wanted to cut off his balls. She deliberately wanted to let his guts out onto the ground. That is how they kill a goat and is worse than just hacking off his head.

He escaped but an attack some years ago was successfull. The MP escaped but an aide who defended him got his head cut off by a sword. It just flew off his neck and ended up in the politians lap

Now there are a lot of these crazy muslims in Ireland and a lot of angry Irish people as well.

I am no fan of politians but would not like to see any of them gutted like a fish in the middle of the street.

Jesus Christ above,

look at this politician as a sword is pushed right into him right up to the hilt

I don't think TD's need bodyguards, what if some looper was trying to kill one of them and got the body guard instead.

Oreo Livermore

Any of us could be shot, stabbed, killed or robbed. If any of us feel unduly at risk we either change our life style, were we live or work, or we improve our security. The expense for this coming out of our own pockets. So why should TDs be any different?

That is reasonable enough under normal times but I think there is a real danger out there. Things have not gotten bad yet. What happens when the government cheques bounce

deirdrem

Jesus Christ above,

Would this have anything to do with the various British wars against Muslim countries?
Because if so, wel I don't think we're at war with anyone; although an idiot did send some Irish soldiers to Afghanistan.

DCon

That is reasonable enough under normal times but I think there is a real danger out there. Things have not gotten bad yet. What happens when the government cheques bounce

Ministers already have Garda protection as their chauffers are Gardai.

Oreo Livermore

This one yes, but where the lad got killed the motive was financial.

Is Ireland not full of people with financial problems.

Politicians are getting attacked all over the world. A Mexican dissappeared the other day. Just a pool of blood remained.

He could have been fed to piranhas or something

bagel

omerte (forgive any spelling error)

Well. my risk assessment is as follows:
Politicians safety might be vulnerable if one or more of them commences ratting out others.
If he/she/they feel at risk, then the witness protection scheme is at his/her/their disposal.

myksav

No. The Irish are actually civilised, they're not in the habit of physically attacking politicians, as a rule.

And what foreign group is even that interested in our politicians? The only people our Irish politicians have annoyed is us.

charley

spitting on them when they knock on the door at election time is usually enough .a pair of goggles should be enough protection for the average TD. green canvassers however would deserve special treatment. prolonged torture involving rats spring to mind.

bersouth

Jesus Christ above,

No securior to bring home expences.....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies