Do you intend to personally Campaign in the forthcoming Referendum on the 8th Amendment? I do so intend!

Catalpast

Do you intend to personally Campaign in the forthcoming Referendum on the 8th Amendment? I do so intend!

Do you intend to personally Campaign in the forthcoming Referendum on the 8th Amendment?

I was wondering how committed people are to this Campaign one way or another

It seems to be a very divisive issue and there a lot of people on both sides who are passionate about their views.

For myself I intend to campaign against Repeal by taking to the streets and leafleting

+ go on Demos and Marches as much as I can

How do others here intend to get involved?

eoghanacht

Yourself Justin and the league of Irish fascists.

By all means work away I'm sure youll do wonderful damage to your own side.

Accidental sock

"It's better to watch stuff, than do stuff"
Homer J. Simpson

Congalltee

I am just going to shout at anyone who wants the legal right to murder an unborn child a child killer.
...a mature, respectful debate.

Anyone who knocks on a strangers’ door over this is asking for trouble, but no home owner has the right to threaten or abuse people either. I hope charges are brought against a few such weirdos on both sides early in the campaign. (Even if they raise a defence that they are not in public place, it will still be worthwhile prosecuting them).

stopdoingstuff

Definitely. I just can't wait for all that sweet pro-life pussy.

cricket

I will campaign for abortions while you wait.

Congalltee

I am just going to shout at anyone who wants the legal right to murder an unborn child a child killer.

Anyone who knocks on a strangers’ door over this is asking for trouble, but no home owner has the right to threaten or abuse people either. I hope charges are brought against a few such weirdos on both sides early in the campaign. (Even if they raise a defence that they are not in public place, it will still be worthwhile prosecuting them).

PBP voter

How can this referendum happen?

The vast majority of this site keeps telling us all that there will be an election ASAP.

PBP voter

Be funny if they were right given most are pro choice.

gooner

I've been thinking about this for the last month or so.

I may do although I am in no contact with a pro-life group to do so at the moment. Recently, I have contributed financially to a couple but that's as far as it's gone.

My views are well known in the other threads but when a pro-choice person comes to the door, I will be respectful in expressing I have a different opinion to them.

Last edited:

gooner

That's the question.

Is the trouble and abuse worth it because no doubt it will come from both sides at the door.

Mercurial

I wasn't planning on it, but then a friend of mine had to travel to the UK for an abortion a couple of weeks ago and I realised I had been very selfish and hypocritical in my apathy.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Been campaigning for Repeal of the 8th on and off for 34 years so I hardly see the point in stopping now:)

bmw1

Ill be voting against repeal

hoipolloi

I will welcome the pro life people if they come:)

I’m looking forward to that too – I’m very anxious especially to talk to the males.

I’ve some simple questions for those who profess themselves concerned with ”protecting the unborn”

- Have you had unprotected sex?
- Did you follow up every encounter by asking the female if she had become pregnant? (with a view, of course, to providing the necessary support)

I have the view that a positive answer to the second question illustrates they were “protecting the unborn”.

Interestingly, I e-mailed each of the FF group (the men) – 15 of them - who stated they were not going to support the repeal of the 8th. NOT ONE OF THEM ANSWERED – even though I gave my name and address. Also wrote to David Quinn asking him to answer my questions and to survey his Iona brethren – haven’t heard from him either.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies