• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Do you observe Lent, and give up something? Do you make pancakes today too?

asset test

Well Pope Benny beat us to the best "giving up" of all for Lent...his job.

I don't give up anything that I enjoy. There has been too much doom and gloom in this country already.

But I do make pancakes.

Eaten on the spot, devoured even.

And what's leftover is in the freezer for another sweet or savoury day when pennies are tight.

What about you?

james5001

Well Pope Benny beat us to the best "giving up" of all for Lent...his job.

I don't give up anything that I enjoy. There has been too much doom and gloom in this country already.

But I do make pancakes.

Eaten on the spot, devoured even.

And what's leftover is in the freezer for another sweet or savoury day when pennies are tight.

What about you?
So you give up something that you don't enjoy? Then why eat it the other part of the year if you don't enjoy it?

wombat

Had my pancakes.
I guess giving up posting wouldn't count as pennance:lol:

drjimryan2

no time to worry/care about benny......tick
believe that he and his predecessors were fully aware of their 'elephants'......tick
no belief in the mysteries of faith.......tick
wont be giving up anything for lent.....tick
had a grand feed of pancakes, lemon, cream and fruit.....tick

Schomberg

I don't observe any religious event but I do like pancakes with raspberry jam.
Never figured out why we just do pancakes once a year...we make them once a week for the kids, everyone loves them. Break free people!!!

cabledude

Never figured out why we just do pancakes once a year...we make them once a week for the kids, everyone loves them. Break free people!!!
Saturday mornings once a month is enough for us. You are a pancake junkie methinks.

asset test

Same here.

Just saying because of the tradition of Pancake Tuesday.

Have to say, savoury pancakes are the rage in our house. But Mother likes lemon and sugar, so we oblige. Just today though!

Schomberg

Saturday mornings once a month is enough for us. You are a pancake junkie methinks.
The kids can make them by themselves, though the mess is something they leave for us petunia

Schomberg

Same here.

Have to say, savoury pancakes are the rage in our house. But Mother likes lemon and sugar, so we oblige. Just today though!
Lemon and sugar is the best way alright. My kids like them with jam and cream, or just jam. They'll even eat them cold, something I'm still not 100% certain about ;)

BlowIn

I find my self agreeing with Schomberg for the first and probably last time, pancakes and kids make for very happy messy Sunday mornings in my house.

I think making them with the little ones is their fav part but I gotta say I just live eating them.

Make silver dollar savoury pancakes with bacon woohoo

Rural

My youngest made the pancakes, he's usually good, but they were yuck!!

I have loads of bad things that I could give up for Lent, smoking for instance, I used to try to do something for Lent and I went to 7am Mass every day before school and then before work when I got older, I used to find money on the ground when I was walking up to the Church.

gatsbygirl20

Same here.

Legs aching from standing making the pancakes

Rashers and maple syrup or a mixture of mushroom, mustard and bechamel sauce in savouries.....lemon juice and fine sugar or soft ice cream and fruit in sweet ones......

I also made butterscotch sauce, but nobody had any room for it....

I'm definitely giving up pancakes for Lent---or giving up making them anyway...

asset test

Lemon and sugar is the best way alright. My kids like them with jam and cream, or just jam. They'll even eat them cold, something I'm still not 100% certain about ;)
Cold pancakes?...am going to go OTT now. But they can be filled with all sorts (savoury for us) and then put in a dish, covered with a sauce of choice, into the oven and hey presto. A dinner!