• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Doctors visit €60 for three minutes.

commonman

Whet to my local doctor today with a bad chest infection, was in the waiting room for about five minutes went in to the doctor he took my blood pressure he listened to my chest asked how long was i like this i said a few days he write a prescription for some antibiotics, said if it does not improve come back in a weeks time, then got his receipt out, give me a bill for €60 i paid on the way out. all in about 3 minutes, do the professional class of people not know that there is a recession in Ireland and people dont have that kind on money any more.

oggy

People have the notion you pay professionals for their time. You pay for their expertise

cricket

Whet to my local doctor today with a bad chest infection, was in the waiting room for about five minutes went in to the doctor he took my blood pressure he listened to my chest asked how long was i like this i said a few days he write a prescription for some antibiotics, said if it does not improve come back in a weeks time, then got his receipt out, give me a bill for €60 i paid on the way out. all in about 3 minutes, do the professional class of people not know that there is a recession in Ireland and people dont have that kind on money any more.
This is an area that really needs to be tackled. Fee paying public are being screwed bigtime.

Didimus

For that amount of money you'd at least expect that he'd tell you that you had some serious illness.

poolfan81

Under the troika all the professional services were to be dealt with

Funnily it hasn't been tackled, yet we need reforms of every other sector, we need to widen the tax base BUT we have yet to tackle the professional services

ScreeOrTalus

Doctor, doctor, I have a bad chest infection.
Cough up sixty euro and get the f*ck out of my face!

bob3367

Sounds like you have a very efficient doctor, diagnoses, prescription in 3 minutes......well you go what you went for.

gloria

Last time I went to the doctor (verruca on my son's foot) diagnosis and writing the prescription took about a minute, however, the doc engaged in some un-necessary blather which took it up to about 4 minutes to justify the bill of 50 euro!

bob3367

Under the troika all the professional services were to be dealt with

Funnily it hasn't been tackled, yet we need reforms of every other sector, we need to widen the tax base BUT we have yet to tackle the professional services
Please tell us where in the IMF bailout is this mentioned......otherwise stop lying.

nonpartyboy

Doctors, dentists, vets, consultants, solicitors......their recession is the amount of people who can't even afford to cross their door in fear of what it might cost them anymore, still charging mad money though, at least the taxi men tried to lower their fares, until the highly paid "regulator" put a stop to it.

Ireland is one big cartel................

bob3367

Last time I went to the doctor (verruca on my son's foot) diagnosis and writing the prescription took about a minute, however, the doc engaged in some un-necessary blather which took it up to about 4 minutes to justify the bill of 50 euro!
You got what you went for, dont go if you dont want to.

asset test

I hope you got a receipt.

For your Med 1 claim against your taxes. Same goes for the prescription charge. You can claim both.

bob3367

You got what you went for, dont go if you dont want to.

PUFF DADDY

As a mam of 3 kids, I only visit the GP when I really think it is necessary, the first couple of yrs, each child would have needed a couple of antibiotics etc, but that would have been it and thankfully so..I always found it interesting that the waiting room was crammed with those on med card and that they go with their kids or themselves at the drop of a hat or runny nose if you will..I suppose if it is "free" you would be more tempted to use the service, but that seriously makes you wonder, how those caught in the trap of earning just that little bit more on paper are coping. A pal went to the dentist today for a full clean up..cost her 130e...I mean seriously, I can't afford that now..let alone what a filling etc may cost..

rip off ireland :(

nonpartyboy

Please tell us where in the IMF bailout is this mentioned......otherwise stop lying.
I also clearly remember it being reported that the troika wanted legal and professional fees as one of their starting points.

As reported 2 days ago from a meeting with the troika, "if people can't afford to live on 65K, then there is something very wrong"

Well welcome to ireland..............

Sync

He should have been less efficient I guess for (presumably) accurately diagnosing your condition and it's remedy. If he'd mucked around for 50 more minutes would you have been happier?

Catalpa

You should have had gone to bed, took a strong hot whiskey, rub loads of Vic/vaporub on your chest front and back and make sure you are so hot you are pumping sweat

Next morning - on the mend...:cool:

automaticforthepeople

People have the notion you pay professionals for their time. You pay for their expertise

Why is it that the expertise is more expensive in this country than in other European countries? Same with legal, denta, businessl or accountancy? So called professional courses are overvalued in our economy even at entry point. no other EU country prizes these courses as part of the CAO process. Govt should announce 200 extra places in each discipline for those from marginalised backgrounds for the next 10 years and this modest initial expense would bring realism to the "market" which is what these conmen would have us believe we are living in

pippakin

It seems to me the people who are entitled to free health care here get quite a good service, there are waiting lists and trolleys but so there are everywhere especially in the UK where there is the NHS.

Where our health service falls down is in the private health service. its very expensive, doctors are very, too well, paid and there appears to be no attempt to put it right.

If FG could ensure that health care was sorted out properly that would be worth a lot.