• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Does Brian Dobson's style suggest he's a media bully?

Shannon73

For the past two evenings, I have been sickened by Brian Dobson's style of interviewing. He wants to cut across the interviewee's answer and can be heard purring in the background as he tries to intervene - which means he is not listeniung to what is being said. I find it irritating as, regardless of who is being interviewed, I get the feeling that Brian wants to prove he knows more than the person being interviewed.
Could it be that he has a complex after his wonderful interview with the Bert years a go - a case of once bitten twice shy! I wish he'd stop being so aggressive and let the listeners judge the answers.

flavirostris

It's a clear case of over compensation for his lapdog act with Ahern in 2006. He's been trying to make up for that since by being super aggressive.

carlovian

For the past two evenings, I have been sickened by Brian Dobson's style of interviewing. He wants to cut across the interviewee's answer and can be heard purring in the background as he tries to intervene - which means he is not listeniung to what is being said. I find it irritating as, regardless of who is being interviewed, I get the feeling that Brian wants to prove he knows more than the person being interviewed.
Could it be that he has a complex after his wonderful interview with the Bert years a go - a case of once bitten twice shy! I wish he'd stop being so aggressive and let the listeners judge the answers.
He got a lot of abuse over the soft Bertie thing.

The expression doing a dobbo became a metaphor for a soft interview.

Hence mr interruptions.

Shqiptar

I think it's an RTE problem in general. Miriam does that interrupting too. It's as if they are confused between aggressive questioning and forensic questioning. Less of the former and more of the latter, please.

RahenyFG

This is what happens when someone who only attended a further education college like Rathmines College gets the big gig in RTE.

kvran

Nobody thinks he's right to interrupt them when they're waffling? It's a very tight schedule 6.01 and 9 News, if politicians were allowed to say what they want without interruption they would never answer the hard questions before time was up.

If they got rid of sports news, relegate it to it's own show there would be more time for in depth analysis of the days events and less need to cut across those being interviewed.