• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Does God have "Children" on other Planets in the Universe?

mairteenpak

Given the Diversity and expanse of Space and all that is in it, are there other Worlds out there on which God created his Creatures?

Are there people out there in his own image and likeness?

Will he send someone to save them or did they not have original sin?

Was God around before the big bang?

Did God have any Brothers?

Any thoughts?

blinding

I was talking to this alien the other day and it could not decide if he was an athiest or an agnostic

zakalwe

yes, but i'm only here on a visit.

mairteenpak

I wonder what religion are they or do they have religion at all?

myk

why can't you keep your posts on the same topic in one thread rather than constantly starting new God threads?

mairteenpak

myk said:
why can't you keep your posts on the same topic in one thread rather than constantly starting new God threads?

This thread is about space exploration.

There is an awful lot of space out there maybe enough to hold a lot of gods, indeed a lot of space for one thread.

Squire Allworthy

My view of other life in space is to hope that we are the ones that discover them and not the other way round. I don't care what they worship.

Universal_001

Other planets? sure he doens't even care about most of the ones on this planet, just his chosen people ;) Which he liked so much he led them to the only part of the middle east with no oil, and surrounded them with people that wanted to kill them ;)

Oppenheimer

mairteenpak said:
myk said:

There is an awful lot of space out there maybe enough to hold a lot of gods, indeed a lot of space for one thread.
No it is not - it is about asking another unanswerable question. If you want answer to that go hang out with the SETI loons.

Universal_001

Oppenheimer said:
mairteenpak said:
myk said:

No it is not - it is about asking another unanswerable question. If you want answer to that go hang out with the SETI loons.
It's not unanswerable at all in fact it's statistically impossable for us to be alone in the universe.

mairteenpak

Imagine if there were others like us out there and they turned out to be Hindus, Christians, or atheists. It would have huge ramifications for religion on Earth

Is Heaven on another Planet?

Universal_001

mairteenpak said:
Imagine if there were others like us out there and they turned out to be Hindus, Christians, or atheists. It would have huge ramifications for religion on Earth

Is Heaven on another Planet?
Imagine they invaded us to make us submit to their saviour! :shock:

mairteenpak

They might send missionaries :mrgreen:

Oppenheimer

Universal_001 said:
Oppenheimer said:
mairteenpak said:
myk said:

It's not unanswerable at all in fact it's statistically impossable for us to be alone in the universe.
Well answer it then, or for now tell me how you would go about answering it? Tell me also what the statistical frame of reference is you are using, if the Universe is infinite then any solution set is possible, including the one in which we are alone.

mairteenpak

If god made the other stars and planets could he be still making them?
What was his grand design in doing so?

Did any of his other Children fall into the original sin trap?

Universal_001

Oppenheimer said:
Universal_001 said:
Oppenheimer said:
mairteenpak said:
myk said:

Well answer it then, or for now tell me how you would go about answering it? Tell me also what the statistical frame of reference is you are using, if the Universe is infinite then any solution set is possible, including the one in which we are alone.
JESUS christ.
ANYTHING is POSSIBLE the question is whats probable, and given the size of the universe and the number of earth like planets, there is a high probability that there is other intelligent life in the universe.
No doubt they also have their own god(s) or may have gone to much further than us that they've abandoned belief in such things like we have that the earth is flat.

blinding

Squire Allworthy said:
My view of other life in space is to hope that we are the ones that discover them and not the other way round. I don't care what they worship.
If they discover us they may well eat us.I think that we are probably just a giant farm that other aliens come to plunder every few months[their time,could be thousands of years our time].I mean what else could we be for?
If we discover them how long until some human eats one of them[for research purposes,dont you know].That reminds me I am starving.