Does Jody Corcoran's Hypocrisy Know No Limit?

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
Corcoran's polemic in the Sindo today strikes a new low (along with Fianna Fáil's poll ratings and the relationship between the two Brians - perhaps, like the GAA and the Catholic Church, there is some collective symbiosis and they are all part of the same leviathan).

Corcoran criticises Gilmore and Kenny for not knowing one end of a balance sheet from the other...while he presents himself as a Socratic philosopher (soubtless Eoghan Harris inspired pseudo intellectual rubbish - if he really understood Socrates he'd understand the difference between knowledge and information, and that Socrates' observation was entirely irrelevant to awareness or decision-making), a Keynesean critic, and fiscal advisor to the Government. He rubbishes the Fine Gael thinking that they could find the money for a stimulus package, and in the next paragraph says that he is "given to believe" that Fianna Fáil are planning that anyway.

The title of the piece is about politics before people, but he never argues that point - just that, in essence (I think - it's hard to follow his rant sometimes), that no one knows what's going on. The subtitle is implicitly critical of everyone, including the IMF, bizarrely, for pretending to know what to do - clearly by extension Mr Corcoran knows what to do (and - bless him - he has some suggestions).

His only salvation is his reference to Cowan as a dead man walking, and Bertie as a fool. If only a sop to objectivity, at least allegations of being excessively kind to Fianna Fáil can wait for next week's installment.

It is mindless, cynical, rubbish like this that makes you wonder how this country can still function. One of the lead opinion piece in the country's most read Sunday Newspaper. After his track record of unsubstantiated stories, cronyism, and arrogance, it's a wonder that he still has a job. But someone up there likes him...in better times, maybe he could have been a senator.

Politics before People? Corcoran's diatribe smacks of self-interest before national-interest, cynicism in place of optimism, cronysim before objectivity. He is a disgrace to his profession.

Journalists in this country have as much of a duty to the state as politicians, union leaders and other public representatives. Self-serving amateurish posturing by our leading journalists in good times makes us all look like idiots. In the dififcult times in which we find ourselves, it has the potential to undermine the state itself.

Tomas Mor

Corcoran has to be the worst of the worst in the worst and most discredited rag in this country. He was a sort of spiritual adviser to Biffo, just "happening" to meet him in Tullamore on thre back of a lorry for soft interviews when both compared notes on health and social habits, and also in Late Late show studio ! Biffo had better look out now that Jody has turned on him, the die is finally cast. Jody knows that as possible inheriter to the Harris senate seat, that is now gone out the window with fellow Awfully man, Biffo.

TradCat

The Sindo and RTE are both cheerleaders for Fianna Fail. But at least you don't have to buy the Sindo.

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
Can't see Harris' keeping his seat. Though he'll keep his pension, of course.

Tomas Mor

Can't see Harris' keeping his seat. Though he'll keep his pension, of course.

And Harris can pontificate about PAPS- Plato, Aristotle, Public Service

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
But you have to pay for it.
You pay for RTE too...and you've no choice. If you've a mobile phone with a colour screen in your house, you pay the license. You can tell Sky to eff off. The Fianna Fáil Propaganda Machine must be paid for by everyone.

Sue Donim

The sycophants in the press and in RTE who have cheered on Zanu FF and assorted hangers on (Regressive Dessiecrats, Vegetables, Indapedants) since 1997 can see the writing on the wall and are engaging in the traditional death struggle of the coward, i.e. s!!tting themselves then scooping it up and throwing it far and wide in the hope of being seen as redeemed, and so not doomed to the special purgatory that awaits them i.e. the 7th hell of journalism, reporting on GAA club matches.

Last edited:

Mushroom

You pay for RTE too...and you've no choice. If you've a mobile phone with a colour screen in your house, you pay the license. You can tell Sky to eff off. The Fianna Fáil Propaganda Machine must be paid for by everyone.
Sky News is FTA - so all you need to watch it is a dish and a freeview receiver - there's no need to subscribe to Sky!

TradCat

That was my point. That you have to pay for RTE anyway. I want RTE sold off and the extortion stopped.

Miserable eFFer

Sky is censored as well I suppose. But at least you do have the choice whether or not to subscribe. We're lucky in Donegal where we can get free to air programmes from our brothers across the border. Sadly, same s**te, different flavour.

Tomas Mor

I have heard from a good source that Jody was influenced and mentored by Eoghan Harris. He must now suffer the same odium, lack of credibility and backlash that poor Eoghan has suffered . Jody dug his own grave,and now has nowhere to go.

wombat

TonyB;3103804The title of the piece is about politics before people said:
Its a poorly written rant - if I had handed a piece of writing like it to my Inter cert English teacher, it would have been returned for rework.:lol:

Tomas Mor

Its a poorly written rant - if I had handed a piece of writing like it to my Inter cert English teacher, it would have been returned for rework.:lol:
I agree about Corcoran's poor writing - it never develops the main heading point,and he wanders aimlessly.

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
I agree about Corcoran's poor writing - it never develops the main heading point,and he wanders aimlessly.
Maybe we should run a competition to see who can write the best Jody Corcoran article...it would need to include a number of factors:

1. Support for the government
2. Criticism of the opposition
3. A brash headline that is ignored in the main piece
4. A self-serving reference
5. An academic reference that makes him look smarter than he is
6. A tangent
7. Outrage

Red_93

Ha, you did the inter-cert! :eek:

punchdrunk

Corcoran's polemic in the Sindo today strikes a new low (along with Fianna Fáil's poll ratings and the relationship between the two Brians - perhaps, like the GAA and the Catholic Church, there is some collective symbiosis and they are all part of the same leviathan).

Corcoran criticises Gilmore and Kenny for not knowing one end of a balance sheet from the other...while he presents himself as a Socratic philosopher (soubtless Eoghan Harris inspired pseudo intellectual rubbish - if he really understood Socrates he'd understand the difference between knowledge and information, and that Socrates' observation was entirely irrelevant to awareness or decision-making), a Keynesean critic, and fiscal advisor to the Government. He rubbishes the Fine Gael thinking that they could find the money for a stimulus package, and in the next paragraph says that he is "given to believe" that Fianna Fáil are planning that anyway.

The title of the piece is about politics before people, but he never argues that point - just that, in essence (I think - it's hard to follow his rant sometimes), that no one knows what's going on. The subtitle is implicitly critical of everyone, including the IMF, bizarrely, for pretending to know what to do - clearly by extension Mr Corcoran knows what to do (and - bless him - he has some suggestions).

His only salvation is his reference to Cowan as a dead man walking, and Bertie as a fool. If only a sop to objectivity, at least allegations of being excessively kind to Fianna Fáil can wait for next week's installment.

It is mindless, cynical, rubbish like this that makes you wonder how this country can still function. One of the lead opinion piece in the country's most read Sunday Newspaper. After his track record of unsubstantiated stories, cronyism, and arrogance, it's a wonder that he still has a job. But someone up there likes him...in better times, maybe he could have been a senator.

Politics before People? Corcoran's diatribe smacks of self-interest before national-interest, cynicism in place of optimism, cronysim before objectivity. He is a disgrace to his profession.

Journalists in this country have as much of a duty to the state as politicians, union leaders and other public representatives. Self-serving amateurish posturing by our leading journalists in good times makes us all look like idiots. In the dififcult times in which we find ourselves, it has the potential to undermine the state itself.
I bet Jody wouldn't know one end of a balance sheet from the other. Jody aint no economist or accountant. You see Jody is a bogman. Jody would be more at home writing about turf. This song should cheer up Jody.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVBprGc9qBI]YouTube - Im a bogman,,,Christy moore & luka bloom,,,[/ame]

dent

Can someone explain to me what's in it for the Sindo, in continuing to be nuzzled up the FF rectum ? Surely even they can see the writing on the toilet wall ?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies