• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Sweet Darling

That's amazing if you have links.
Unlikely however but thanks anyway.
Would need to contact what was TV3 at the time.
Vincent Browne also told David Cullinane on his show that he had evidence that Adams was in the PIRA. and if he showed the evidence to him (Cullinane) he to would be convinced.

mangaire2

Vincent Browne also told David Cullinane on his show that he had evidence that Adams was in the PIRA. and if he showed the evidence to him (Cullinane) he to would be convinced.
no problem.
it's only those like you who would never vote SF, who pretend to be concerned about this.
the rest of us don't care, one way or the other.

SuirView

no problem.
it's only those like you who would never vote SF, who pretend to be concerned about this.
the rest of us don't care, one way or the other.
Why?

Sweet Darling

And as you know full well but are just lying about it cos you are absolutely obsessed with screaming about your favourite Shinner bogeyman, SF voted in favour of letting St Lendahand examine the options for a bank Guarantee - but when the actual package came before the Dail a couple of days later it was so jacked up on provisions to protect FF cronies in Anglo Irish and Irish Nationawide etc that SF voted against the actual Guarantee itself.

But carry on, for the likes of you it wouldn't matter what SF ever said or did, you just know they are Evil Incarnate and will always be the satanic root of all possible evils in your tiny drunk boomer world.
What Shin Fein said or did on the night in question is on the Dail record.
Their U turn later is just one of many.

SuirView

as you posted earlier -
"when you're explaining, you're losing",
so, i'll keep winning.
Thanks.
Why is a question,
Not an explaination!
You do know this?
Stop digging,
Many thanks.

SuirView

I've had more intelligent conversations with my shoes tbh
You talk to your shoes!
That’s a first for me.
Have you a preference?
Left or right?
Thanks!

Freemind

the likely reality is that the majority for a UI, or for the continuation of a partitioned Ireland, will be a slim one.,
& those on the !osing side will be disappointed.

of course the borders of NI were drawn up, with the specific intention that there would always be a majority within NI for rule from London.
[the Nationalists within the Six County State have had to endure that injustice for almost a century.]
And whose fault was that ?? The country was unified once, albeit under British rule. We could have stood beside our Northern brothers, But NO. we dumped them.

stanley

nah, ol Odlum is not FF - he's every bit as west Brit blue shirt as yourself.
he may well be a sock of a regular FG poster here - even yourself ?.

you're on P.ie since 2007, & you can't see through ol Odlum.
me thinks that's it's ol Stanley who's the "thick" here !!
I disagree with you on Odlum, I am not a "FG" poster.

redneck

And whose fault was that ?? The country was unified once, albeit under British rule. We could have stood beside our Northern brothers, But NO. we dumped them.
It was also united, with Scotland also, with the Gaelic language being used. Scotland and Ireland were the same country really. This was back in the 800's to 1200's.
The Irish for Scotland was Alba, and Ireland was Eiriú.

bang bang

That's truly astounding Sweets, well I never! Phucking hell Sweets you're some can of piss.

riker1969

Does anybody outside of SF and a few armchair Republicans really give a flying **** about a United Ireland at this time? With covid and brexit happening? Even if we get border controls it's not going to open the path to a United Ireland soon. North/south trade is not that big and the police won't be stopping cars.
So get a life. This thread is just grand standing bullshit.

McSlaggart

Does anybody outside of SF and a few armchair Republicans really give a flying **** about a United Ireland at this time? With covid and brexit happening? Even if we get border controls it's not going to open the path to a United Ireland soon. North/south trade is not that big and the police won't be stopping cars.
Its Brexit which is forcing people to talk about "what Boris did next". Boris had a nice simple border in the Irish sea and we all thought the issue had be settled. Now in a no deal brexit who knows what Boris will do.

de valera's' giddy goat

There was cross border trade of €7,400,000,000 in 2018. That isn't to be sneezed at.

It appears to me Johnson wants to jettison the north, maybe even Scotland too, he's done with them, they are of no benefit to his heartlands in the home counties, they are in fact a drain on resources. He is accelerating the breakup of the union for the benefit of England. Wales as usual is an afterthought.

Edward Carson's words currently seem apt..' What a fool I was! I was only a puppet, and so was Ulster, and so was Ireland, in the political game that was to get the Conservative Party into Power.'

dub14

A United Ireland is not on anybody's agenda bar SF.
Really ?
Voting SF for many (including me) is and will continue to be primarily based on economic policy.
A UI is a very different matter so to put it bluntly you're wrong.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom