• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

JCR

This again is just completely ridiculous gobshitery of the highest order. Pretty much every world of this is a blatant lie. Point at one single thing I have said that is "bigoted". I've pulled people up when they are talking complete rubbish with no relationship to facts. News for ya sunshine, that's not "bigotry"

You are the one that has repeatedly expressed bigoted opinions about how all Nordies are lazy dole scroungers and all Nordies are rude and all Nordie Prods are religious loons and all Nordie Nationalists are the nasty type of murder-nationalists just like Brexiteers and and and and. And when someone calls you on this tosh you run crying that other people are being bigoted against you. Fncking eejit. That is, again, playground level "I know you are but what am I" projection and taunting and tantrum-throwing. Zero substance, zero to be taken seriously.

Would you ever grow up and behave like an adult. Listen to yourself mewling away like a big baby.

Picture the scene, it's mid-2025 and the referendum is two weeks away. Down the pub people are discussing how they'll vote. The table turns to hear the wisdom of JCR. Quoth he:

Would you get up the yard with that bawling toddler ridiculous nonsense. You come out with something that infantile and frankly just fecking Stoopid and then demand respect? From who? Who is going to respect a grown man carrying on like this? All because you were talking complete nonsense on a topic you clearly know absolutely nothing about and got called on it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Chancers the lot of ye partitionists. Every. single. time. it's the same, pious obviously-dishonest guff about "Of course I want a United Ireland BUT" followed by a load of hysterically insane and childish ignorant cliches and stereotypes.

You've always been opposed to any UI under any and all circumstances. Just man up and admit it.
I didn't read much if this usual rant from you. Maybe you forgot 'swivel eyed loons'. No point talking to you at all. You feign a civil response simply to enable to get a response to to come back then with this useless crap. And then of course all the teamsters join in. What a pointless lot you are.

Sidewindered

I didn't read much if this usual rant from you. Maybe you forgot 'swivel eyed loons'. No point talking to you at all. You feign a civil response simply to enable to get a response to to come back then with this useless crap. And then of course all the teamsters join in. What a pointless lot you are.
And you are an idiot who actually understands nothing about the last 50-odd years of Irish politics and history north or south. You know nothing about any of the myriad topics under discussion and you've demonstrated that repeatedly.

All you have are your unhinged sub-Harrisite rants about how all Nordies are Evil and big meanie poo-poo heads and SF kick puppies and ate all the pies.

All you really are is a slightly less incoherent version of Wagmore, that's the level of political and economic knowledge and awareness anyone sees from your posts. But of course in your wee head you are some sort of noble defender of Truth beset on all sides by the shadowy tentacles of the Provo Hivemind :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

Sidewindered

Does anybody outside of SF and a few armchair Republicans really give a flying **** about a United Ireland at this time? With covid and brexit happening? Even if we get border controls it's not going to open the path to a United Ireland soon. North/south trade is not that big and the police won't be stopping cars.
So get a life. This thread is just grand standing bullshit.
Are you actually aware of your surroundings there grandpa? Do you need someone to walk you back to the home?

You would have to be literally living under a rock, completely divorced from reality, and frankly fncking senile to refuse to admit that Brexit has been a major catalyst towards a UI. As indeed has Covid with diverging policy responses north and south and an open border between the two massively complicating the effort to contain the spread of the virus.

What planet are you actually living on , because it isn't this one, at this point in the 21st century.

But of course the vehemence of your dismissal just shows the levels of panic among partitionists at these developments. You are swimming deep in Denial here.

JCR

And you are an idiot who actually understands nothing about the last 50-odd years of Irish politics and history north or south. You know nothing about any of the myriad topics under discussion and you've demonstrated that repeatedly.

All you have are your unhinged sub-Harrisite rants about how all Nordies are Evil and big meanie poo-poo heads and SF kick puppies and ate all the pies.

All you really are is a slightly less incoherent version of Wagmore, that's the level of political and economic knowledge and awareness anyone sees from your posts. But of course in your wee head you are some sort of noble defender of Truth beset on all sides by the shadowy tentacles of the Provo Hivemind :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:
Worthless pointless nonsense.. As usual. You'd have to be really thick not to see through a poster like this. A poster who resorts to this level of nonsense in order to try and clear a discussion site of ideas they don't agree with. Its pretty transparent and fairly pathetic.

It wouldn't surprise me to see this kind of nonsense on facebook or something. But on a site that is describing itself as a pollical discussion site its hilarious and it destroys its credibility. Its like trying to discuss issues with children having tantrums.

JCR

This again is just completely ridiculous gobshitery of the highest order. Pretty much every world of this is a blatant lie. Point at one single thing I have said that is "bigoted". I've pulled people up when they are talking complete rubbish with no relationship to facts. News for ya sunshine, that's not "bigotry"

You are the one that has repeatedly expressed bigoted opinions about how all Nordies are lazy dole scroungers and all Nordies are rude and all Nordie Prods are religious loons and all Nordie Nationalists are the nasty type of murder-nationalists just like Brexiteers and and and and. And when someone calls you on this tosh you run crying that other people are being bigoted against you. Fncking eejit. That is, again, playground level "I know you are but what am I" projection and taunting and tantrum-throwing. Zero substance, zero to be taken seriously.

Would you ever grow up and behave like an adult. Listen to yourself mewling away like a big baby.

Picture the scene, it's mid-2025 and the referendum is two weeks away. Down the pub people are discussing how they'll vote. The table turns to hear the wisdom of JCR. Quoth he:

Would you get up the yard with that bawling toddler ridiculous nonsense. You come out with something that infantile and frankly just fecking Stoopid and then demand respect? From who? Who is going to respect a grown man carrying on like this? All because you were talking complete nonsense on a topic you clearly know absolutely nothing about and got called on it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Chancers the lot of ye partitionists. Every. single. time. it's the same, pious obviously-dishonest guff about "Of course I want a United Ireland BUT" followed by a load of hysterically insane and childish ignorant cliches and stereotypes.

You've always been opposed to any UI under any and all circumstances. Just man up and admit it.
I know it isn't easy to mod a site like this but I'd publicly remind the mods that allowing blatant lies to be posted undermines the credibility of the site.

Sidewindered

Worthless pointless nonsense.. As usual. You'd have to be really thick not to see through a poster like this. A poster who resorts to this level of nonsense in order to try and clear a discussion site of ideas they don't agree with. Its pretty transparent and fairly pathetic.

It wouldn't surprise me to see this kind of nonsense on facebook or something. But on a site that is describing itself as a pollical discussion site its hilarious and it destroys its credibility. Its like trying to discuss issues with children having tantrums.

The levels of self-delusion and projection in this post are positively Trumpian

You are the guy that has spent the entire thread talking utter nonsense and being repeatedly corrected on basic matters of fact about the entire political and economic history of both jurisdictions in Ireland over the last 50 years, and then you come out with this rubbish

Get up the yard you chancer :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

Sidewindered

I know it isn't easy to mod a site like this but I'd publicly remind the mods that allowing blatant lies to be posted undermines the credibility of the site.
None of it is lies, I can prepare a report for the mods linking back to you making posts saying all those things right in this very thread, if you really want to play this game you thundering galoot.

JCR

None of it is lies, I can prepare a report for the mods linking back to you making posts saying all those things right in this very thread, if you really want to play this game you thundering galoot.
No you can't. That's is just more lies as anyone can check. And as the mods can check. So you wont be doing that. And as anyone can check you're claims of what I have said in this thread are just more made up nonsense. You really are a pointless person to try and an engage in discussion and really do reduce the credibility of this site.

Sidewindered

No you can't. That's is just more lies as anyone can check. And as the mods can check. So you wont be doing that. And as anyone can check you're claims of what I have said in this thread are just more made up nonsense. You really are a pointless person to try and an engage in discussion and really do reduce the credibility of this site.
Indeed the mods can check. And if anyone reads over this thread objectively they'll see I'm right.

Look, you came blundering onto this thread roaring and shouting the odds. Numerous posters started correcting your misconceptions and calling you out on your ridiculous stereotyping.

You lost every single point of debate throughout the entire thread. You couldn't back up anything you were saying on any point and were clearly completely out of your depth. Again, multiple posters have remarked on how little you seem to understand the issue, and what is worse how little interest you appear to have in actually educating yourself.

You are focusing on me because now you think you can turn the entire humiliating arse-kicking you received into some spurious "Bad man Sidey" whinge that the mods will protect you on.

Take yer lumps like an adult and go off and educate yourself somewhat on the economic, social, demographic and political realities of 21st century Ireland north and south and the current issues facing both electorates before blundering into a thread screeching ignorant gibberish in future, would be my advice.

Of course you won't take that advice cos you won't admit you are wrong about everything on this topic even through the entire tale of this thread is numerous posters lining up to tell you your views are frankly unhinged and bear no relationship to reality.

Go cry to someone who cares, if you can find them, you simply are not worth any further time. You don't want to learn, you don't want to know, you don't want to engage in detailed policy discussion, you just want to roar and cry about Nordies Bad like some bawling toddler trapped forever inside Cruise O'Brien's underpants.

AhNowStop

Does anybody outside of SF and a few armchair Republicans really give a flying **** about a United Ireland at this time? With covid and brexit happening? Even if we get border controls it's not going to open the path to a United Ireland soon. North/south trade is not that big and the police won't be stopping cars.
So get a life. This thread is just grand standing bullshit.
A United Ireland is not on anybody's agenda bar SF.
Thankfully you and your sort are outnumbered ;)

AhNowStop

What did he say that isnt correct ?

The Irish RM

Absolutely agreed.

A United Ireland would be a socially, politically, economically and administratively ruinous and futile exercise for the Republic to undertake. Ever.

The armchair republicans hereabouts know this and squeal their rage when their sacred cows aren't revered. They'll cop on and go back to howling at the moon. Or not.

Not too bothered either way.

Glenshane4

"Why hasn’t the DUP evolved?"

Two reasons.

1. They are anti-Catholic bigots.
2. Most of the Prods in Northern Ireland are anti-Catholic bigots. If the DUP stops being anti-Catholic, it will lose votes to a party which is anti-Catholic.

"It remains a fundamentalist Christian party utterly out of step with the rest of the British Isles."

Being out of step with opinion on the UK mainland is a popular position among Northern Ireland Prods. Being out of step with opinion in Eire does not do Sinn Fein any harm in elections in Northern Ireland.

"in a detribalizing society, how come Protestants don’t choose somebody, anybody, else to make clear they want reasonable people representing them? "

Is
Northern Ireland society detribalizing? I had not noticed. Why should a tribe of mainly unreasonable Prods want to be represented by reasonable people?

"Even a casual observer of NI like myself can see the positive changes in attitudes among ordinary people, but the political polarization remains stark."

Perhaps you see positive changes in attitudes because you are merely a "Casual observer!"

redneck

If we cannot revive the Irish language well a unified approach is the next best thing. What is wrong with better co-operation between the North and South?
Much the same debate is happening in Scotland and maybe Wales.
Should Scotland be an independent state. Should it take over N.I if so. It is not a silly debate. It is real.

Seán E. Ryan

Any of you lot remember a referendum that got passed a while back, having to do with the GFA? Where the people of the Republic gave up their claim on the 6 counties to facilitate the GFA and so that it would be the choice of the people of NI to unify our country at their discretion when their collective voice is strong enough.

What you think about it is contrary to common sense, not to mention an Irish obligation to a treaty and a referendum held in light of it and anyway, it's not up to you. The Republic has already spoken.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom