Does the EU ever make mistakes?

Dame_Enda

Disgraceful that the EU imports kangaroo products, particularly after probably countless numbers have died in the fires. Australia culls 1.5 million kangaroos each year.

The EU should end the import of kangaroo products, which are being used in sports gear.

Dame_Enda

The EU doesn't import kangaroo products.
The article states these products are imported into Europe. The EU as a market is importing them.

Dame_Enda

Member states import the products not the EU.
It amounts to the EU as a market importing it. The EU should ban it. The kangaroos have suffered enough from the fires.

Dame_Enda

EU passes trade deal with Vietnam, to eliminate 99% of tariffs. This is despite the lead rapporteur in the negotiations having to resign over conflicts of interest. Jan Zahadril had said he did not have to declare his role in a group with ties to the ruling Vietnamese Communist party.

blinding

EU passes trade deal with Vietnam, to eliminate 99% of tariffs. This is despite the lead rapporteur in the negotiations having to resign over conflicts of interest. Jan Zahadril had said he did not have to declare his role in a group with ties to the ruling Vietnamese Communist party.

Just what you would expect from a dodgy Empire.

CatullusV

Details. What benefit does he derive personally? If none personally, then how much in the ideological sense? How much pressure did he exert to get the deal through? Was he involved from the start? What was the vote on the deal? Did he have a casting vote? How long was the process? Was he there from the outset?

Be specific rather than scattering innuendo around like old McDonald's wife with fistfuls of corn in the chicken coop.

Build your story yourself rather than dropping links, lighting the blue touch paper and retreating a safe distance.

This style of yours is inimical to debate. In essence, you are asking of us that we counter the assertions of others who are not members of this site so will not reply. And you, meanwhile, just don't engage. That is your MO.

Comment on your links with your own views. Rebut the comments when you can. Get involved. We don't bite. We can't bite.

DE, sometimes it feels that with you it is like - in the old analogy - playing squash against a haystack. You hit the ball at it and it doesn't come back.

I would love to see you engage more in the cut and trust here. You have it in you.

I hope you understand me and that I mean what I say.

FWIW, i will report my post. If the moderators think it should not stand i extend my apologies to them and will apologise to you by PM.

Dame_Enda

CatullusV, I am merely the messenger of the messenger, in the context of the link to the article about the controversy surrounding the Rapporteur of the EU Vietnam talks.

Meanwhile, the EU energy commissioner has been lobbied by a company he has shares in. In my opinion he should sell his shares or resign.

There is a pattern here. This has been the most troubled ethical environment for the Commission perhaps since the disgrace of the Santer Commission. On the positive side, done of the sleazier ones are blocked at the European Parliament, include a French nominee.

hiding behind a poster

Disgraceful that the EU imports kangaroo products, particularly after probably countless numbers have died in the fires. Australia culls 1.5 million kangaroos each year.

The EU should end the import of kangaroo products, which are being used in sports gear.

Why? Surely it's for Australia to stop exporting them if they see fit?

hiding behind a poster

It amounts to the EU as a market importing it. The EU should ban it. The kangaroos have suffered enough from the fires.
And isn't that for Australia to decide. If the EU took any position on something like that you'd be straight on here, yowling hysterically about the Big Bad EU interfering in other sovereign nations.

CatullusV

CatullusV, I am merely the messenger of the messenger, in the context of the link to the article about the controversy surrounding the Rapporteur of the EU Vietnam talks.

Meanwhile, the EU energy commissioner has been lobbied by a company he has shares in. In my opinion he should sell his shares or resign.

There is a pattern here. This has been the most troubled ethical environment for the Commission perhaps since the disgrace of the Santer Commission. On the positive side, done of the sleazier ones are blocked at the European Parliament, include a French nominee.
The "messenger of a messenger" line is trite. Comment on your links. Don't just drop them. Engage in the issues. Deal with topics. Raise the issues.

Dame_Enda

And isn't that for Australia to decide. If the EU took any position on something like that you'd be straight on here, yowling hysterically about the Big Bad EU interfering in other sovereign nations.
I reject that argument. I recall when the issue of seal product imports from Canada came up in the 2000s. The EU should protect its citizens from unethical imports from outside.

RasherHash

The Lefty former MEP was deeply unimpressed with the EU's perversely federalist parliament: "The atmosphere is one of a feudal court...EU sceptics now represent a quarter of seats, but a behind-the-scenes cordon sanitaire has been erected to ensure they are shut out."

blinding

The Lefty former MEP was deeply unimpressed with the EU's perversely federalist parliament: "The atmosphere is one of a feudal court...EU sceptics now represent a quarter of seats, but a behind-the-scenes cordon sanitaire has been erected to ensure they are shut out."
The Most Glorious Eu Empire must be Held regardless of what it costs !

Northsideman

The Most Glorious Eu Empire must be Held regardless of what it costs !
Indeed and we even have the likes of Ming flip flopping when his seat is in jeopardy.

Northsideman

Once they get to Brussels and Brussels butters their toast with Gold their taste buds are bought.
It most certainly seems so. The greatest flip flop ever though was SF, totally and utterly opposed to the EU for decades and now sucking it's tits. They never did explain that. That turned them from an Irish Republican Nationalist party to an open border European Federalist Party and none of their members even blinked, makes you wonder.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies