• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Dog hacked to death on Valentines night - time to get stricter with Animal Cruelty Laws?

Does Ireland need stricter Animal Cruelty laws?

• Yes

Votes: 130 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 23 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Concerned Irishman

Dog hacked to death with axe on Valentine’s Day · TheJournal.ie - not for the faint of heart.

It seems the scum that carried out this act on the defenceless animal also made violent threats on the female Animal Welfare Inspector when she went to investigate this. Clearly he is not right in the head and needs to be locked up for the good of the community, but according to the North Wexford SPCA they are “not confident” of a conviction and that they are frequently “frustrated with the law” around animal cruelty.

Surely it is time for our gutless politicians to get this sorted?

Sister Mercedes

At the very least they should be able to get him for the violent threats he made against the inspector.

Why is animal cruelty treated so lightly by the courts?

SeanieFitz

Dog hacked to death with axe on Valentine’s Day · TheJournal.ie - not for the faint of heart.

It seems the scum that carried out this act on the defenceless animal also made violent threats on the female Animal Welfare Inspector when she went to investigate this. Clearly he is not right in the head and needs to be locked up for the good of the community, but according to the North Wexford SPCA they are “not confident” of a conviction and that they are frequently “frustrated with the law” around animal cruelty.

Surely it is time for our gutless politicians to get this sorted?
Jesus wept but that is horrific, i regret reading it to be honest.

Concerned Irishman

Jesus wept but that is horrific, i regret reading it to be honest.
then avoid the red-tops because they published the photos of the poor animal that the Journal thought (rightly) where too graphic to publish. Horrific beyond words - I'm not normally one to call for vigilante justice, but lets just say I hope he is put away and the rest of the inmates are well aware of what the new prison resident did to a defenceless animal

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
+100

Levellers

What the hell are the Guards thinking? He should have been arrested on the spot.

Roll_On

sicko, still this is Ireland, if he'd done it to a human he'd probably get 5 years with the last 2 years suspended, and they'd probably let him out early because of overcrowding in prisons.

bonkers

This scumbag could be very dangerous for humans as well. It's well known that a lot of murderers started out killing defenceless animals. Crimes like this should be taken very seriously.

former wesleyan

At the very least they should be able to get him for the violent threats he made against the inspector.

Catholic country. Animals have no souls.

optics

Made me sick reading this, but I'm not surprised. Animal cruelty is treated very, very lightly in this country. Fines are not enough anymore. Lock up the waste of life of committed this act for a long, long time. If he can do that to a defenceless animal, he could try it on a human.

Mackers

It is worth stating that numerous serial killers and the like first practiced their instinct for violence on animals before extending their ways onto people. That is why these bas tards must be caught and punished.

Crazy horse 6

Sure look how we treat victims of rape,child abuse,pedos etc... What chance do the animals have if we don't even respect these people.

Rural

Pets are just so loyal - especially dogs. This has sickened me so much I had to give my smelly lad a hug.

former wesleyan

And to think that for years and years the natural party of government handed animal welfare money over to the IFA.

Rural

Too much information, what about your dog?
Oh! yeh, I hugged the dog too, that was Hubby I was talking about.

Our doggie (in the avatar) is a rescue from the WSPCA and he makes us so happy. I couldn't bear if anything happened to him. We had another rescue dog many years back and when he was 10, he was stolen and beaten, I couldn't understand it and he was never right afterwards, he died soon after.

Victor Meldrew

This scumbag could be very dangerous for humans as well. It's well known that a lot of murderers started out killing defenceless animals. Crimes like this should be taken very seriously.
Age of the thug and family background would be helpful.

That he threatened an Animal welfare inspector speaks volumes.

I would be amazed if he does not have previous.

for it to have been reported, it must have been going on for a long while, considering the response times involved.

Horrible.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies