'Dogsh it' in Dublin

Gibby

Earlier on today, I had to walk from the Drimnagh Luas Station up towards Crumlin Hospital. It would have been a nice 10-minute walk on a pleasant Autumn afternoon.

However, I have never seen so much dog sh it along a public path in my life... EVER! :-x

Without exaggeration, every couple of strides I had to change direction and even walk on the road a few times to avoid it. I spent the whole time looking down so I didn't end up with any of it squelching into the treads of my runners. Especially since I'd be driving later and I didn't fancy spreading any of it in the foot-well or on the pedals.

So much for responsible dog-ownership :roll:

So have any of ye needed to play 'fecal hopscotch' recently?

asset test

I might be opening myself up to abuse, but I just don't get this animal loving cohort at all, especially if they bring their dogs outside to ************************ everywhere too.

OP, it is a common occurrence, but since I live in a very nice area (lol) the only ************************ I see are the residents. They are so full of ************************ lol.

Deadlock

Earlier on today, I had to walk from the Drimnagh Luas Station up towards Crumlin Hospital. It would have been a nice 10-minute walk on a pleasant Autumn afternoon.

However, I have never seen so much dog sh it along a public path in my life... EVER! :-x

Without exaggeration, every couple of strides I had to change direction and even walk on the road a few times to avoid it. I spent the whole time looking down so I didn't end up with any of it squelching into the treads of my runners. Especially since I'd be driving later and I didn't fancy spreading any of it in the foot-well or on the pedals.

So much for responsible dog-ownership :roll:

So have any of ye needed to play 'fecal hopscotch' recently?
I'm honestly not taking a dig at the Northside of Cork city here, but when a former colleague from Latin America was leaving where we worked, I asked them what their abiding memory of Ireland would be - the instant reply was the need to play "hopscotch" as you described. They reckoned that they had never seen anywhere so bad for it.

It's not so bad in the locality where we live, but there is a nasty stretch of path just outside the local school where either people are taking the family dog for walkies as they drop the kids off, or someone maliciously has trained their dog(s) to dump at the gates of their alma mater!

Gibby

How are you so sure it's dog poo?
Some of it was pretty 'substantial', but since I didn't notice any of the locals squatting with their pants down around their ankles, I'd have to say yes.

Gin Soaked

Some of it was pretty 'substantial', but since I didn't notice any of the locals squatting with their pants down around their ankles, I'd have to say yes.
Feral knackers in the inner city are capable of dumping a load on the path. Then having a shag on the wall of office blocks.

Theses are occasional sights that give colour to these authentic communities..

Salt of the earth.

As for dog poo, again, not picking up is only the preserve of knackers who visit our local parks. Locals have self respect. Used to work in D2. Lots of hopscotch needed to make it to the Dart after working hard all day...

wombat

How are you so sure it's dog poo?
I have my doubts, I had a Labrador and cleaned up daily, she never produced plops like I see early in the morning.

Gibby

I'm honestly not taking a dig at the Northside of Cork city here, but when a former colleague from Latin America was leaving where we worked, I asked them what their abiding memory of Ireland would be - the instant reply was the need to play "hopscotch" as you described. They reckoned that they had never seen anywhere so bad for it.

It's not so bad in the locality where we live, but there is a nasty stretch of path just outside the local school where either people are taking the family dog for walkies as they drop the kids off, or someone maliciously has trained their dog(s) to dump at the gates of their alma mater!
Sadly, between the scobies on the Luas and the filthy pathways, tourists get an interesting view of Ireland alright.

Ugh, and outside a school too - maybe there's a cohort of dog-walkers who love their dogs and hate kids. Reminds of the ads/posters around Carlow recently, so nowhere is immune from that type of sh itty behaviour I suppose - and I don't blame the dogs!

che schifo

One of our dogs had a habit of eating other dog's shít for quite a while, so there was often slightly less shít in the park after his walk...

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
I believe only a single dog owner was fined in Dublin last year.
If that is true, it writes another vignette in the heavy tome called "Why Ireland is not a serious country."

The popular walking areas of my old home town are festooned with excrement too. On one 150m section of the walk I counted 97 stools in varying states of desiccation.

SEAMAI

It is bad in parts of Cork city but to be fair I see very few leashless dogs wandering around so it must be all those bichon frises, the accessory du jour for women of a certain age.

Last edited:

Bea C

One of our dogs had a habit of eating other dog's shít for quite a while, so there was often slightly less shít in the park after his walk...
Oh God!
Fortunately not an issue we've ever had with any dog.

I'll stop tempting fate now...

O'Quisling

he wasn't eating the results of a prank

[video=youtube;P0mdzu1kGXs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0mdzu1kGXs[/video]

offalypat

the problem with dog poo is the food that people are feeding their dogs in my opinion anyone that feeds their dogs any dog nuts or treats like those dentastix type should not have a dog.the results of feeding your dogs that shyte is exactly what you get in return and loads and loads of it.dogs should be fed a mostly meat diet with very little veg and very little cereal the meat can be cooked and add a little bit of salt and sugar with loads of water when cooking and the par boiled rice added in when the meat is boiling the result will be a very healthy dog and very little shyte.

New Threads

Most Replies