Dolores O Riordan RIP

neveragain

So young, so sad to think of that beautiful, natural Limerick voice now gone from us.

May she Rest In Peace.

Cdebru

Sad news RIP

I won't lie I wouldn't have been a fan, but it's a terribly young age to be gone.

Spirit Of Newgrange

RiP. too young to die.

popular1

Far far too young
brilliant natural Irish voice always made me happy whenever I felt lonely in London in the early 90s
thank you Dolores
rip

Windowshopper

Very sad. Zombie was a great song

[video=youtube;8MuhFxaT7zo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MuhFxaT7zo[/video]

Last edited:

Spanner Island

Ah Jaysus... remember seeing The Cranberries early on... in the Rock Garden I think... and how Dolores spent the entire gig looking at the side of the stage...

She certainly overcame the auld shyness...

RIP

Clanrickard

Met her back in the day when they were the Cranberry Saw Us. She was very shy. Never thought she'd become a superstar. Even then she had a lovely voice.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Such a pity. Extraordinary thing how some performers can be two people in one. Reminds me of Winehouse who looked petrified when she wasn't performing, and I suspect that had a lot to do with issues of hiding from the world, and yet when the music started just became a different and super-confident performer.

Saw it once with Winehouse who looked scared to death and visibly shaking in the wings of a live performance- and yet when the music started up she just sort of transformed into this brassy, out there powerhouse of a jazz/blues singer.

Always stuck in my mind that there were two people there and perhaps that is the same with performers who are vulnerable in some way when not on stage and doing what they do best.

With regard to Dolores it is a great pity to see someone go at that age.

Hewson

Met her back in the day when they were the Cranberry Saw Us. She was very shy. Never thought she'd become a superstar. Even then she had a lovely voice.
It's really tragic. I met her with Noel Hogan also when they were playing under the 'Cranberry Saw Us' name and were about to do a demo tape in a small Limerick recording studio. She was shy and retiring and John was the guy doing all the running but she became both the focus of their talent and, ironically, the reason they would eventually break up.

A great talent gone too soon.

Last edited:

sic transit

Very shocking at such a young age, particularly for her family. Not my type of music but she seemed to bring a great energy and passion to her work that resonated with many, many people. RIP

Last edited:

Wagmore

In interviews, she sounded v troubled. Sad, three kids as well.Hopefully natural causes.Doubly sad if not.

Eoin Coir

she was in court a year or two ago for acting up on an airline flight. I think the judge dealt sympathetically with her.

Surkov

Far too young to die. Absolutely devastating for her family.

In a recent interview she mentioned having some health problems over the last few years.

RIP

[video=youtube;tONsedTRCD4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tONsedTRCD4[/video]

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies