Donald Trump, Anti-Vaccine Activist, Making America Sick Again ....

owedtojoy

More confirmation that Donald Trump will make a downright awful President.

It was this headline that clinched it for me:

Vaccine skeptic Robert Kennedy Jr. says Trump asked him to lead commission on ‘vaccine safety’
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-to-meet-with-proponent-of-debunked-tie-between-vaccines-and-autism/2017/01/10/4a5d03c0-d752-11e6-9f9f-5cdb4b7f8dd7_story.html?utm_term=.347f5b6e219f

Kennedy is an anti-vaccine activist (besides being the son of JFK's brother Robert Kennedy) and to make him the the head of a commission is like making a fox into the henhouse leader, something Trump is doing in many areas, environment being another. Trump is a vaccine "sceptic" from way back, and seems to be impervious to medical opinion on the subject, but prefers eccentric conspiracy theories.

Yes, ok, there is a lot wrong with the way drugs are researched and marketed, but putting children's lives at risk is not the way to do it. And undermining a national vaccination program by adding to a fake "autism" panic is exactly the way to cause children's deaths Significant numbers of unvaccinated subjects helps to spread deadly diseases.

TRUMP’S DANGEROUS SUPPORT FOR CONSPIRACIES ABOUT AUTISM AND VACCINES

AMA And Family Doctors Rip Trump Vaccine Commission

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Takes His Debunked Vaccine Concerns To Trump

It hardly matters if this "commission" happens or not. The pattern is clear :

• The President gets a crackpot idea (vaccinations, nuclear weapons .. )
  • The President "does something about it"
  • His staff try to educate him, or try to exercise commonsense ....
  • Someday they may fail ... with dire consequences. :shock:

owedtojoy

That thread does not contain the dreadful news that the President of the United States is making his office into a pulpit for discouraging vaccination, or "urging more research" (which all deniers do, whether of climate change, or of the Holocaust).

The Republican Party bears a responsibility for this - first it encouraged the Creationists, Bible Thumpers and anti-Evolutionists (Reagan was the first President who announced he had "problems" with evolution) in order to get their votes.

Next it pulled in the climate change deniers who continued the assault on science from the much stronger position of having $$millions to spend, and could piggy-back on the "nicotine strategy" of organised denial in the media. Next the white supremacists (who have their own fake "science") made a comeback in the form of Donald Trump and Steve Bannon.

Now the GOP is home to the motley crew of Creationists, climate change deniers, white supremacists, vaccination deniers and probably half-a-dozen factions who exhibit their own denial of any science not to their liking. The Vice President of the United States believes the Earth is only 5,000 years old.

This will not end well.

Analyzer

More hyperbole from the most hyperbole addicted poster on the site.

Firstly it is a review.

Secondly there is more to this than can be explained by a deliberately deceitful section of Dumbocrat supporters attempting to characture their rivals as having hair on the palms of their hands. There are some in the medical profession who are very cautious sbout vaccines.

Third, this is a review. Nothing has been decided yet. I refer you to my first sentence about hyperbole.

Next, it is in another country. Why the manic excitement. Again, my comment sbout hyperbole is relevant.

Lastly, your preferred KSA backed, Soros funded, corrupt candidate has been beaten. I "Haiti" to inform you, you are becomming a parody of the representation you are try to associate with others.

Will the Clintons end up in prison ? Or will they claim assylum in this country where corrupt establishment refuses to discuss their many scandals ?

Dame_Enda

That thread does not contain the dreadful news that the President of the United States is making his office into a pulpit for discouraging vaccination, or "urging more research" (which all deniers do, whether of climate change, or of the Holocaust).

The Republican Party bears a responsibility for this - first it encouraged the Creationists, Bible Thumpers and anti-Evolutionists (Reagan was the first President who announced he had "problems" with evolution) in order to get their votes.

Next it pulled in the climate change deniers who continued the assault on science from the much stronger position of having $$millions to spend, and could piggy-back on the "nicotine strategy" of organised denial in the media. Next the white supremacists (who have their own fake "science") made a comeback in the form of Donald Trump and Steve Bannon.

Now the GOP is home to the motley crew of Creationists, climate change deniers, white supremacists, vaccination deniers and probably half-a-dozen factions who exhibit their own denial of any science not to their liking. The Vice President of the United States believes the Earth is only 5,000 years old.

This will not end well.
To be fair, 34% of Americans dont believe in evolution.

NYCKY

More confirmation that Donald Trump will make a downright awful President.

It was this headline that clinched it for me:

Vaccine skeptic Robert Kennedy Jr. says Trump asked him to lead commission on ‘vaccine safety’
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-to-meet-with-proponent-of-debunked-tie-between-vaccines-and-autism/2017/01/10/4a5d03c0-d752-11e6-9f9f-5cdb4b7f8dd7_story.html?utm_term=.347f5b6e219f

Kennedy is an anti-vaccine activist (besides being the son of JFK's brother Robert Kennedy) and to make him the the head of a commission is like making a fox into the henhouse leader, something Trump is doing in many areas, environment being another. Trump is a vaccine "sceptic" from way back, and seems to be impervious to medical opinion on the subject, but prefers eccentric conspiracy theories.

Yes, ok, there is a lot wrong with the way drugs are researched and marketed, but putting children's lives at risk is not the way to do it. And undermining a national vaccination program by adding to a fake "autism" panic is exactly the way to cause children's deaths Significant numbers of unvaccinated subjects helps to spread deadly diseases.

TRUMP’S DANGEROUS SUPPORT FOR CONSPIRACIES ABOUT AUTISM AND VACCINES

AMA And Family Doctors Rip Trump Vaccine Commission

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Takes His Debunked Vaccine Concerns To Trump

It hardly matters if this "commission" happens or not. The pattern is clear :

• The President gets a crackpot idea (vaccinations, nuclear weapons .. )
  • The President "does something about it"
  • His staff try to educate him, or try to exercise commonsense ....
  • Someday they may fail ... with dire consequences. :shock:
We get it. You don't like Trump.

'orebel

That's all you got from the op?

Any thoughts at all on an anti-vaxxer leading a commission on vaccine safety?

Analyzer

Maybe we should put the Clintons in charge of a different country seeing as America is ungrateful.

The Corrupt News Network can act as official press agency.

George & the Open Sores Society can pay for activists to militate for regime change.

If the EU objects, Victoria Niland can issue a response.

And Denis the Menace can tun a mobile phone monopoly.

Does Haiti suit ?

owedtojoy

If you were honest with yourself, but I gave up on that long ago, you would not like him either.

Like some so-called "Republicans", you just hope he will be an autopen for some of the more vicious measures to end Medicare and Medicaid, and you will risk the collateral damage of his other crackpot ventures.

owedtojoy

Maybe we should put the Clintons in charge of a different country seeing as America is ungrateful.

The Corrupt News Network can act as official press agency.

George & the Open Sores Society can pay for activists to militate for regime change.

If the EU objects, Victoria Niland can issue a response.

And Denis the Menace can tun a mobile phone monopoly.

Does Haiti suit ?
Still sticking pins in wax dolls of the Clintons?

That is soooo Year 2000.

Clear the timewarp, bozo, a nutcase is about to cause the deaths of American children, and you're ok with it.

owedtojoy

That's all you got from the op?

Any thoughts at all on an anti-vaxxer leading a commission on vaccine safety?

The anti-vaxxers get money from gullible parents.

Knowing the US President is one of them, they will be grabbing even more.

Polly Ticks

There has been widespread debate about whether gay couples should be allowed to adopt.

A much more urgent question is whether anti-vaxxers (aka anti-facts-zers), should be allowed to adopt.

NYCKY

If you were honest with yourself, but I gave up on that long ago, you would not like him either.

Like some so-called "Republicans", you just hope he will be an autopen for some of the more vicious measures to end Medicare and Medicaid, and you will risk the collateral damage of his other crackpot ventures.
I don't particularly like him but I am not obsessed with him to the point where I have to start repeated threads on how bad he is.

He has been elected but hasn't even started yet.

I am willing to give him a chance, call me open minded if you will

As your idol Hillary said " we owe Donald Trump an open mind and a chance to lead".

owedtojoy

To be fair, 34% of Americans dont believe in evolution.
Science is a matter of evidence, not belief, love.

They do not like being told they are probably descended from a "lower order of animals". They have not even looked at the evidence, and since the Republicans often get their way, may not even have learned about it in school.

GDPR

Science is a matter of evidence, not belief, love.

They do not like being told they are probably descended from a "lower order of animals". They have not even looked at the evidence, and since the Republicans often get their way, may not even have learned about it in school.
There is no evidence for macro-evolution.

firefly123

There is no evidence for macro-evolution.
There's no evidence Jesus was the son of God. Or that there is a God that he could have been son of.

I assume you will use the big book of do's and don'ts as a counter. Here's my response in advance...

New Threads

Most Replies