Donald trump considering Presidential run?

President Bartlet

Donald Trump has revealed that he is considering running for president in 2012.

The Apprentice star revealed his hopes of representing the Republican Party in a future election during an appearance on Fox News.

"For the first time in my life, I'm actually thinking about [running for president]," he explained.

"I am a Republican but have great respect for what the Tea Party has done because they have brought to light what's going on. I mean, we have trillion dollar deficits.... The country is going bankrupt, let's face it."

Trump later told MSNBC that he would make the decision "over a period of time" and that he has not yet made his mind up on whether to run.

The Donald as prez - yes or no? Discuss

Glucose

Cue..................the Bill Cullen for Taoiseach posts

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
Ouch, Sarah Palin finally has a rival that could block her assent to being the GOPs choice for Presidential candidate. No matter what a face off between Trump and Palin could damage Palin. Trump with his already high profile won't pull any punches in a GOP run off. I suspect however that Trump has more than a few skeletons in his closet. It would be amazing if he did'ent.

I am not going to slam Trump if he trys though. The Democrats elect popular Saturday Night Live comedians. Only idiots don't percieve them as being on a media par with Trump. In fact Trump is perhaps better qualified.

Goober

You’ll start to see a couple of names come up for the GOP within the next few months that will make you say “huh?” Rick Santorum’s name has been thrown about recently as well as Trump. Even Chris Christie has made a recent trip to Iowa. One surprising name that has been getting some traction in the last couple of days is John Bolton. Bolton is an interesting choice, and one that I would seriously consider voting for. And if you think Sarah Palin is polarizing...

John Bolton 2012? - Guy Benson - Townhall Conservative

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
You’ll start to see a couple of names come up for the GOP within the next few months that will make you say “huh?” Rick Santorum’s name has been thrown about recently as well as Trump. Even Chris Christie has made a recent trip to Iowa. One surprising name that has been getting some traction in the last couple of days is John Bolton. Bolton is an interesting choice, and one that I would seriously consider voting for. And if you think Sarah Palin is polarizing...

John Bolton 2012? - Guy Benson - Townhall Conservative
Bolton would be the obvious choice of the GOP establishment. Their goal has to be to pull the Tea Party out from under Palin and use the movements votes for their own appointee.

Bolton has been very high profile on news channels of late aswell, so something could be rumbling. Whenever someone in the media wants the low down on the US rights opinion on matters international, its Bolton, not Palin that is called. One must assume that the GOP has a hand getting his name channelled to the right media circles.

So if it were Bolton vs Palin, the GOPs choice is Bush era neocon policies or Tea Party isolationism. Is anyone on the GOP/Tea Party side really going to plum for Foreign policy over isolationism? In that context Trump would be the middle ground candidate serving the economic recovery agenda.

Ó Donnchadha

His chances are slim to none, and slim just left the room.

Trump is always promoting Trump.

karldaly

I suppose we'll have Dr. Bill giving it a go here next .....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EJjNk3f5TI]YouTube - Dr. Bill Cullen Sketch 12 - Bootiful Girlie Boy's Legs[/ame]

Catalpa

He's too colourful a character to do a solo run from the outside.

If he ran as an Indo he would hand it to the Democrats!

Look if he is genuinely interested he should run for a Governorship of NYS or something

- if he does a credible jib there he might be in a position to throw his hat in the ring down the road.

NYCKY

Trump has been sucking up all the political oxygen in the room lately and probably best to put this in a a Trump thread. Bumping an old one, there are a few there.

Trump: 'I think I'll get the nomination' | TheHill

Businessman Donald Trump predicted Thursday that he would secure the 2016 Republican presidential nomination, playing down the suggestion he might run as a third-party candidate.
However, he has hinted at a third party run which will concern the GOP.

Exclusive: Trump threatens third-party run | TheHill

“The RNC has not been supportive. They were always supportive when I was a contributor. I was their fair-haired boy,” the business mogul told The Hill in a 40-minute interview from his Manhattan office at Trump Tower on Wednesday. “The RNC has been, I think, very foolish.”

Pressed on whether he would run as a third-party candidate if he fails to clinch the GOP nomination, Trump said that “so many people want me to, if I don’t win.”

I expect Trump will get a lot more public "scrutiny" than he has received to date, he has gone after his opponents no holds barred and I expect more information about his messy personal life, his business dealings, taxes, bankruptcies and his past pro-choice positions and his previous support for Democrats including Hillary Clinton

stopdoingstuff

The man's hilarious. I am just waiting for him to tell a rape joke on The View, because he is doing pretty much everything else to stir up controversy.

Watcher2

A scary thought crossed my mind the other day. The US is so fvck end up, politicians are so fvck end up, voters are really disillusioned with politics and politicians, Trump could actually win.

You see, technology has improved in leaps and bounds in a very short space of time. Traditional hiding places for politicians acts and decisions are very few. Information is everywhere and is very accessible. We know more now, and have access to much more information. Awareness is huge and easy. We now know a lot of what they do. And we don't like it.

Trump could easily win, with or without dem or rep backing.

I'm not sure whether it would be good or bad to be honest. I'm leaning toward bad on balance right now.

mr_anderson

A scary thought crossed my mind the other day. The US is so fvck end up, politicians are so fvck end up, voters are really disillusioned with politics and politicians, Trump could actually win.
Not a chance.
Without the backing of either party a candidate hasn't a hope in hell.
It's more than just money, it's an automatic voting base and entire political structure to back you.

Also, I'd say the donald has his fair share of skeletons rattling around.

At this moment his ego is being bruised by the RNC.
I'd say he has been regularly asked for donations by them.
And provided.
But now, when he wants to run himself, he's been told by the same crowd to fck off.

It's finally dawning on him that the RNC has simply used him for his money.
Want to contribute to the political process with your money ? Great.
Want to contribute to the political process by running ? Sorry, you're not 'one of us'.

Donald is used to being the centre of attention, but he's finding out the hard way that, when it comes to politics and the Republican Party in particular, he's just not one of the gang.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies