Donald trump considering Presidential run?

Analyzer

I blame Noonan.

All that grovelling in Shannon, like as if Trump was somebody important, resulted in Trump getting ideas beyond his competence level.

And the fact that he met the leadership (sic) of this country, he has now started to think he is good enough to lead a country himself.

mr_anderson

I blame Noonan.

All that grovelling in Shannon, like as if Trump was somebody important, resulted in Trump getting ideas beyond his competence level.

And the fact that he met the leadership (sic) of this country, he has now started to think he is good enough to lead a country himself.
Oh God, please don't mention Shannon.
Shockingly cringeworthy.
Right up Trump's alley, I suppose.

The harp on the runway left me gobsmacked.

Glaucon

If a circus act like Donald Trump wins, the political system that has governed the American republic since 1789 will have collapsed under the weight of its own ridicule.

silverharp

his one advantage is that is isnt owned by political funders, it would be interisting to have one administration who isnt bought and sold before they take office

EUrJokingMeRight

I've no time for trump but I'm glad he called out McCain on his 'war hero' BS that he's been peddling for decades. Plus one from me!
Trump will be VERY popular amongst the Republican old guard voters, not the Republican party establishment however, but he'll fail miserably with the Latino and Mexican communities and that I think could be as far as it goes!

Trumps is not my cup of tea but HClinton, JBush or McCain I would give Trump a try!

I know, unforgivable right? :)

Last edited:

mr_anderson

his one advantage is that is isnt owned by political funders, it would be interisting to have one administration who isnt bought and sold before they take office

Which is why Bernie Sanders is gaining popularity.

Crazy horse 6

Haven't really been following but Trump is topping the polls? Funk me America is really in a rather bad place at the moment.

Analyzer

If a circus act like Donald Trump wins, the political system that has governed the American republic since 1789 will have collapsed under the weight of its own ridicule.
Hairpiece is doing well, because it has been dominated by actors since Reagan, even if most of them have been lawyers.

The odd thing about Trump is that he has more integrity (not joking here) than a lot of the rest of them including Cruz, and Clinton.

Analyzer

livingstone

Trump has been sucking up all the political oxygen in the room lately and probably best to put this in a a Trump thread. Bumping an old one, there are a few there.

Trump: 'I think I'll get the nomination' | TheHill

However, he has hinted at a third party run which will concern the GOP.

Exclusive: Trump threatens third-party run | TheHill

I expect Trump will get a lot more public "scrutiny" than he has received to date, he has gone after his opponents no holds barred and I expect more information about his messy personal life, his business dealings, taxes, bankruptcies and his past pro-choice positions and his previous support for Democrats including Hillary Clinton
As I see it his risk to the GOP is:

(1) he sucks out all the oxygen, meaning other candidates don't get a look in in terms of media coverage.

(2) he drives the agenda - candidates desperate to compete for the limelight feel the only way to compete is to be more outrageous.

(3) because he's driving the agenda, the other candidates don't come under as much scrutiny during this phase of the campaign as they normally would, leaving anything potentially damaging in the closet until later in the campaign when it could do more damage (or indeed, leaving it until the General election when a flawed candidate is the nominee but snuck under the radar because of the focus on Trump);

(4) he runs as a third party candidate and peels about five or six per cent away from the GOp candidate handing Hillary the White House.

NYCKY

Not a chance.
Without the backing of either party a candidate hasn't a hope in hell.
It's more than just money, it's an automatic voting base and entire political structure to back you.

Also, I'd say the donald has his fair share of skeletons rattling around.

At this moment his ego is being bruised by the RNC.
I'd say he has been regularly asked for donations by them.
And provided.
But now, when he wants to run himself, he's been told by the same crowd to fck off.

It's finally dawning on him that the RNC has simply used him for his money.
Want to contribute to the political process with your money ? Great.
Want to contribute to the political process by running ? Sorry, you're not 'one of us'.

Donald is used to being the centre of attention, but he's finding out the hard way that, when it comes to politics and the Republican Party in particular, he's just not one of the gang.
He has given more money to Democrats in the past than Republicans. I expect that will be used against him too.

Watcher2

Not a chance.
Without the backing of either party a candidate hasn't a hope in hell.
It's more than just money, it's an automatic voting base and entire political structure to back you.

Also, I'd say the donald has his fair share of skeletons rattling around.

At this moment his ego is being bruised by the RNC.
I'd say he has been regularly asked for donations by them.
And provided.
But now, when he wants to run himself, he's been told by the same crowd to fck off.

It's finally dawning on him that the RNC has simply used him for his money.
Want to contribute to the political process with your money ? Great.
Want to contribute to the political process by running ? Sorry, you're not 'one of us'.

Donald is used to being the centre of attention, but he's finding out the hard way that, when it comes to politics and the Republican Party in particular, he's just not one of the gang.
Possibly, possibly. I think for the moment it would be a good thing for him not to win. It will be great if he runs. The amusement factor will be great. He is liable to do and say anything so he likely has them running scared.

Watcher2

I blame Noonan.

Tongue in cheek, yeah?

You just dont know round these parts when someone is having a laugh. I mean, we hear the sh1te about us punching above our weight and how everyone loves the Irish. So I dont know if you are being serious.

Many apologies if you are joking.

Victor Meldrew

He's called a war hero for getting caught.

'Heroes' win the day.
By that logic, we should call the Grave of the Unknown Soldier the "Grave of the guy who failed to dodge bullets / shells".

Utterly odious perspective that would not grace a comic.

I'm not "lionizing" McCain btw, but you shoud acknowledge that he went through hell for his country's failed foreign policy.

mr_anderson

He has given more money to Democrats in the past than Republicans. I expect that will be used against him too.
Clinton (Bill) was being interviewed on The Daily Show.
He mentioned that Trump was a great supporter of theirs ''until he got the [Republican] memo''.

To be honest, I don't think Trump is either Democrat or Republican.
I think he has money (albeit not as much as he makes out) and thoroughly enjoys the ego boost that it brings him as those with power queue for his attention.

My guess is he has given more to democrats because they have been in power for longer over the past 10 years.
Giving money to a president grabs headlines.
As we all know, he likes to be associated with 'winners'.
Giving money to a potential president doesn't provide as much as an immediate ego boost.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom