Donald trump considering Presidential run?

mr_anderson

Trump doesn't need donors like the rest of them need donors.
He's not as wealthy as people think.
I'd hazard a conservative guess and say Romney was richer.
Trump looks like he's performing the old accountancy trick of counting assets, but 'forgetting' about liabilities.

Watcher2

Trump looks like he's performing the old accountancy trick of counting assets, but 'forgetting' about liabilities.
Oh I have no doubt there is some lose talk around his money/net worth. He talks of his millions when it suits him but then its all corporate cash, not his personally when it suits him too.

Eitherway, he has access to more cash without unrelated third party intervention then the rest I'd wager, probably even compared to Romney.

firefly123

Oh God, please don't mention Shannon.
Shockingly cringeworthy.
Right up Trump's alley, I suppose.

The harp on the runway left me gobsmacked.

What amazes me is that someone somehow thought this would be a good idea. Someone with decision making power thought this would be a cool thing to do. That makes me fear for the survival of the state*

*not really but I do want to slap them with extreme prejudice.

Goats

Its a farce. It has to be. When you see people like Trump running for President. You should ask yourself if there really is democracy in America or is it all just bread, circuses, smoke and mirrors.

CookieMonster

What are you talking about. He's worth at least TEN BILLION DOLLARS (it seems you have to write it like that).

According to the Wall Street Journal, the report shows Trump has assets worth at least $1.5 billion. That includes "over 500 entities in which he is a trustee, president, chairman or member" (391 of these entities are named with the word "Trump" or his initials. The New York Times reported the disclosure showed Trumpearned at least $9.5 million in royalties last year for "merely licensing his name."

Donald Trump's $10 billion financial-disclosure report - Business Insider

Jack Walsh

Trump's alleged wealth of $10 bn is about as accurate as the Sindo constantly telling us Denis is worth at least 5 bn.
"Another great year for Denis as Digicel powers ahead and some very astute IT investments has seen his wealth increase by at least €1 billion last year. However we feel this figure is probably conservative"

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Enda Kenny: 'I've spoken to Barack Obama and I know he's anxious to come to swing the clubs' - Independent.ie

Today: Mr Kenny said: "I've spoken to the President Obama on a number of occasions and to the vice-President, I know they're anxious to come to swing the clubs, and the invitation is wide open." "That would be a good three-ball, wouldn't it?" he joked.
"Yes, I'd love to be see the President or the vice-president being able to come to Ireland, obviously there are protocols and official things that must be gone through. "

Tomorrow: Today: Mr Kenny said: "I've spoken to the President Trump on a number of occasions and to the vice-President, I know they're anxious to come to swing the clubs, and the invitation is wide open." "That would be a good three-ball, wouldn't it?" he joked.
"Yes, I'd love to be see the President or the vice-president being able to come to Ireland, obviously there are protocols and official things that must be gone through. "

D

Deleted member 42179

Donald trump considering Presidential run?
What I'm wondering is when the squirrel
on his head will decide to make a run (for the door!) :p

I say that to illustrate that it's almost impossible
not to be drawn into ridiculing the guy. :p

As such, Trump is facilitating the usual personality contest theatre in US electoral politics
meanwhile all important social issues remain undiscussed.

Analyzer

Enda Kenny: 'I've spoken to Barack Obama and I know he's anxious to come to swing the clubs' - Independent.ie

Today: Mr Kenny said: "I've spoken to the President Obama on a number of occasions and to the vice-President, I know they're anxious to come to swing the clubs, and the invitation is wide open." "That would be a good three-ball, wouldn't it?" he joked.

Tomorrow: Today: Mr Kenny said: "I've spoken to the President Trump on a number of occasions and to the vice-President, I know they're anxious to come to swing the clubs, and the invitation is wide open." "That would be a good three-ball, wouldn't it?" he joked.
What are they talking about ?

Swinging clubs ? Cavemen antics ?

D

Deleted member 42179

But Clinton is better for donors to Clinton. And some of them are extremely wealthy.
Yeah, and they all remember that they made out like bandits when the last clinton was in office because
he repealed the "glass steagall" act which led to the whole wall street CDS boom (and the global economic crash )

Unfortunately clinton's actions helped to impoverish everyone else apart from the 1%.
No doubt wifey will do the same.

If she doesn't start WWIII first that is!! :roll:

clintonvampire1.jpg

capitalismrots

Well Trump's election bid going well so far. Estimated that he will spend $4Billion dollars of his own money. Great I say, hopefully will go down in flames and bankrupt himself as well.

firefly123

Yeah, and they all remember that they made out like bandits when the last clinton was in office because
he repealed the "glass steagall" act which led to the whole wall street CDS boom (and the global economic crash )

Unfortunately clinton's actions helped to impoverish everyone else apart from the 1%.
No doubt wifey will do the same.

If she doesn't start WWIII first that is!! :roll:

clintonvampire1.jpg
That has been photoshopped hasn't it!

Watcher2

Its a farce. It has to be. When you see people like Trump running for President. You should ask yourself if there really is democracy in America or is it all just bread, circuses, smoke and mirrors.
The fact that someone like Trump can actually run is a sign of democracy, right? Or are you referring to the fact that you need money, LOTS of money to be able to run in the first place? That's more a poor reflection of how the world work rather than a reflection upon politics, no?

louis bernard

Trump is a gob$hit who just happens to have a lot of money, he will not get the republican nomination and even if he did he has zero chance of being elected.

Volatire

Trump is a gob$hit who just happens to have a lot of money, he will not get the republican nomination and even if he did he has zero chance of being elected.
We are so used to snivelling gombeen politicians that we find Trump's candour repulsive.

Trump is a free man who speaks his mind, that is all.

One can recognise that fact without agreeing with anything he says.

Jezza15

Well Trump's election bid going well so far. Estimated that he will spend $4Billion dollars of his own money. Great I say, hopefully will go down in flames and bankrupt himself as well.
Trump's money tends to be anything but his.

He's called a war hero for getting caught.

'Heroes' win the day.
I would think that resisting torture and refusing to be repatriated early when they discovered who he was was pretty heroic.

I would say that flying a plane into a combat zone with all the risk that that entailed is heroic.

Many people consider Pearse to be a hero, but he didn't remotely win.

There are many heroes in wars. On both sides. Some even get captured. They end up captured because they took on that risk.

Breeal

Trumps stance on Climate Change is admirable.

Breeal

I agree, someone who says what he's thinking in unique in US and Irish politics, and very welcome to see.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom