• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Donie Cassidy cracking jokes in the Seanad

DCon

Just on Oireachtas Report

This government is very experienced. The country is lucky to have such an experienced government
This was in reply to a question from Paschal Donohue that Donie should state that government talk of the IMF was unacceptable.

Utopian Hermit Monk

Donie Cassidy IS a joke in the Seanad (or anywhere else!).

Fing Fers

Just on Oireachtas Report

This was in reply to a question from Paschal Donohue that Donie should state that government talk of the IMF was unacceptable.
Another legendary quote from the dail, I've seen a good few whoppers over the last few days.

Keep it up boyos, your digging your own graves.

Experienced maybe, but no mention of what the experience is? corruption maybe? dismal performance?

Mitsui2

Donie Cassidy is a wig looking for a scalp worth hanging on to.

b.a. baracus

Donie Cassidy said the following in the Seanad in April 2008, it is on the official Seanad record:

"We have a duty to tell first-time house buyers, young couples with no previous experience, that there is unbelievable value in the marketplace today. It will not last forever. It is never the wrong time to do the right thing. I offer the House the benefit of my experience and my opinion which is all any Member can do. I will remind the House, perhaps in 12 or 18 months, when prices have again increased by 25% or 30%, that they were told this by the Leader of the House on this historic day, the tenth anniversary of the Good Friday Agreement."

How did that work out Donie? He is an idiot and a shill.

DCon

Donie Cassidy said the following in the Seanad in April 2008, it is on the official Seanad record:

"We have a duty to tell first-time house buyers, young couples with no previous experience, that there is unbelievable value in the marketplace today. It will not last forever. It is never the wrong time to do the right thing. I offer the House the benefit of my experience and my opinion which is all any Member can do. I will remind the House, perhaps in 12 or 18 months, when prices have again increased by 25% or 30%, that they were told this by the Leader of the House on this historic day, the tenth anniversary of the Good Friday Agreement."

Maybe he was thinking of LTEV and not market value? :rolleyes:

tiny tim

What a foreteller of profit. Get rid of them.

loaded32

Donie Cassidy IS a joke in the Seanad (or anywhere else!).
Im actually embarassed that such a waste of space like him is actually leader of our second house!! That in itself is enough to get rid of the whole house altogether!!! his performance on the Late Late debate on the Seanad that night was actually embarassing!
And remember, Donie stood up in the Seanad only 18 months ago, encouraging its members to officialy endorse his call for people to continue to buy property as there was "fantastic value" in the market as it would be 30% more expensive in April 2009!!! Good man Donie!!!! You make me feel ill!

Ive emailed him on this actually 4 times to ask him to publically retract this statement and to apologise for trying to encourage the property bubble even further...abusing his position also at the same time!! Without reply, of course

hammer

There you go Oddie :)

dizillusioned

Sorry I just cannot stop hoping that this might happen in the Seanad to him one day...

[video=youtube;XvHTmRzAAtk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvHTmRzAAtk[/video]

hammer

Was the Galway Tent still in existence when he made this comment ?

off with their heads

how can anyone be taken seriously with a dead squirral planked on top of their head:roll:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies