• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Donie does a P Flynn!

spidermom

Senator: It

If nothing else it DOES show just how out of touch these muppets are!!

SIGH!

spidermom

Apologies...it goes to show how out of touch THIS MUPPET IS!!!!

as he is the only one quoted...one can only hope and pray..that the majority of the others(many on double pay....Eoghan Harris, Shane Ross, Ivana Bacik) do NOT feel the same!!!!

limericklady

The minimum wage is less than the allowance he gets on top of his 65 grand (€19,439 ).

Come the election he'll see that actually the Seanad arent the only ones who hold the Dail to account. The Seanad either!

stoichkov

top-quality hairpieces don't come cheap, so i'm told.

surely the royalties from all those fester & alien albums will see donie right for a few more years yet?

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Senator: It

If nothing else it DOES show just how out of touch these muppets are!!

SIGH!

That should be published, front page emboldened font, in a major national newspaper.

It'll have one of three effects.. Make people laugh, drive them crazy with anger or something that meets those two in the middle.

Whichever way it's not good for Fianna Fáil, which is good for all of us.

justme1

top-quality hairpieces don't come cheap, so i'm told.

surely the royalties from all those fester & alien albums will see donie right for a few more years yet?
Well Eddie Jordan has been getting away with his hairpiece for years without a single mention of it!!And yes he has a truck load of dosh but it didn't cost that much at all!!!

vanla sighs

Another pathetic little FF'er. Does he really, really expect people to buy the line that on €65,000 plus expenses per year it's hard to get by? Absolute rubbish.

stoichkov

Which is probably why poor, penniless Donie has to go around with that 'thing' on top of his head. :oops:
hahaha

there was an amazing quote by cassidy years ago about foster and allen's fanbase, something about 20% or 30% of their record sales being to clinically deaf people. it was in an interview he did with sam smyth, who still goes on about it to this day.

ne0ica

Was he appointed or elected. Bertie sure did appoint alot of clowns to the Senate.

jmcc

Only a few words are sufficient for him and his ilk: FFcking Parasites!

Regards...jmcc

Dredger

He really is a dozy waster. Remember when he congratulated the "Jekyll and Hyde Foundation" for their wonderful work;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcuiGDjvjPI]YouTube - Jack & Jill Foundation or Jekyll and Hyde Foundation Ireland[/ame]

His ridiculous toupee must have been too tight on his head that day.

Dredger

There was that story some time ago that Donie liked to drive around the country in his convertible with his hair blowing in the breeze.

He went back to look for it later!

I'll get my coat!
In fairness, it is very easy to make fun of Donie and his ridiculous toupee, it looks like something you would buy in a joke shop. All he needs now is a pair of these....

Then he will be ready to go trick or treating.

cricket

He makes the case for the abolition of the Senate stronger every time he opens his mouth.
An old stager tells me there was a time when senators received no salary , can anyone confirm ?

jmcc

In fairness, it is very easy to make fun of Donie and his ridiculous toupee, it looks like something you would buy in a joke shop. All he needs now is a pair of these....

Or to Limerick. :)

Regards...jmcc

flakie

Website
www.irishanimals.ie
He makes the case for the abolition of the Senate stronger every time he opens his mouth.
An old stager tells me there was a time when senators received no salary , can anyone confirm ?
I can't confirm but I can say it's a bad idea. No salary means those who want to be senators will have to have another source of income or be independently wealthy. So either they're moonlighting/volunteering as a senator in addition to a full-time job or they're wealthy. Or, I guess we could start appointing the long-term unemployed to the senate.

I think 50-60 grand a year is probably reasonable for any public servant/politician really. The allowances have to stop and the expenses should be only receipted expenses, just like in the real world. Maybe 100,000 a year for the taoiseach.

What they get now is ridiculous and the only people we have there are those who are more interested in lining their pockets than fixing the country. A pay reduction might change that and get rid of the greedy ones. Still, they have to make a living. The job should pay comparable to a decent sales manager salary -- similar job. Lots of bs, some travelling.

mike kelly

why did you put that photo of Willie O'Dea in there?

mike kelly

In fairness to Donie, 65,000 is not really that much. It falls into the Joe Duffy definition of a half decent salary.