Donnelly looking to join FF

PBP voter

FF hammering of the shinners in the last election is still getting bigger one year latter.

JimmyFoley

It's the smart move.

Try to establish himself in a prominent position in the party that will probably have most seats after the next election, rather than sitting around on his own in the Dail day after day, hoping that one of his contributions will get 10 seconds coverage on the news or whatever.

hammer

Wait until he gets a few tricky questions about where his "new party" left the country :)

Lets see him stammer.................

The Field Marshal

Sean O'Rouke just announced we have some breaking political news , and we will tell you after the break. I assume this is it. Normally when someone has breaking news they tell you straight away and not make you go switching the dial or looking elsewhere, but not RTE.
That is because RTE are clueless.

Brenny

Jaysus what a surprise.

Wolf in sheeps clothing :)
No, just simply another sheep.

A lot of what the guy said on the election trail was the right stuff - he sold himself as the anti-populist when auction politics was prevailing and then this happens........

Bea C

Good stuff!
A perfectly respectable man.

Betson

It's the smart move.

Try to establish himself in a prominent position in the party that will probably have most seats after the next election, rather than sitting around on his own in the Dail day after day, hoping that one of his contributions will get 10 seconds coverage on the news or whatever.
If he holds on to the seat it is a very smart move as it is looking that FF are likely to be leading the next government and he is not transferring to sit on the backbenches, I suspect he has already done a deal with Martin to be a frontbencher.

The big risk though is that he could lose his seat altogether if he is perceived as a sell out in his constituency. As an indo he was safe enough.

The Field Marshal

If he holds on to the seat it is a very smart move as it is looking that FF are likely to be leading the next government and he is not transferring to sit on the backbenches, I suspect he has already done a deal with Martin to be a frontbencher.

The big risk though is that he could lose his seat altogether if he is perceived as a sell out in his constituency. As an indo he was safe enough.
I suspect Donnellys supporters will continue their loyalty especially if he has prospects of front bench status in govt.

sadcitizen

How does this make any sense whatsoever. He's after spending years putting up videos of himself giving speeches criticising the manner of the bank bailout, the housing bubble, bondholder repayments and on and on. I'm not even a supporter of his and I still feel duped. He's lost all credibility that he's spent so long clawing together.

What a farce Irish politics is.

Disillusioned democrat

Stephen Donnelly is one of the best TDs we have so I welcome his move into a party that will give him access to real influence after the next election.

It may also put some "manners" on FF by injecting a bit of quality into their DNA.

SayItAintSo

He obviously feels FF are his best bet for a cabinet seat next time round. Utterly self serving - he's a great fit for FF. Now we'll have to listen to him telling us how joining FF is perfectly in keeping with his principles & high moral standards - nauseating.

jackryan

How does this make any sense whatsoever. He's after spending years putting up videos of himself giving speeches criticising the manner of the bank bailout, the housing bubble, bondholder repayments and on and on. I'm not even a supporter of his and I still feel duped. He's lost all credibility that he's spent so long clawing together.

I presume he will be saying in his videos now that FF have changed?

ger12

The Field Marshal

No.
Donnelly launched a new political party the Social Democrats.
In itself that was quite an achievement.

He is entitled to change or join a different political party if he thinks such a move is a better outlet for his many talents.

Are people not free to change political allegiences in your view?

dent

Hahahaha the mask has finally slipped and he's shown himself to be the conniving rat that he always was.

off with their heads

Stephen Donnelly is one of the best TDs we have so I welcome his move into a party that will give him access to real influence after the next election.

It may also put some "manners" on FF by injecting a bit of quality into their DNA.
He obviously feels FF are his best bet for a cabinet seat next time round. Utterly self serving - he's a great fit for FF. Now we'll have to listen to him telling us how joining FF is perfectly in keeping with his principles & high moral standards - nauseating.
he hasn't made it back in yet and nobody likes a traitor

flavirostris

Well at least now we know he is a total spoofer. Colm Keaveney with a better education.

dent

Seriously, it's hardly that much of a surprise ?

The Field Marshal

So people can not change their political allegiences and political parties can not improve/reform ?

You are stuck in a rut Im afraid.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies