Dope Pope does victim blaming

statsman

This almost beggars belief:

Pope Francis has accused victims of Chile’s most notorious paedophile of slander, in an astonishing end to a visit meant to help heal the wounds of a sex abuse scandal that has cost the Catholic Church its credibility in the country.

Francis said that until he sees proof that Bishop Juan Barros was complicit in covering up the sex crimes of the Reverend Fernando Karadima, such accusations against the bishop are “all calumny”
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/pope-francis-accuses-clerical-abuse-victims-of-slandering-bishop-1.3361838

ruserious

The Pope says he will act if evidence is produced to him.
If I was an employer and a serious accusation against one of my employees was made, I would undertake to investigate that claim.

Alphonse

Yeah I think it is a very obvious and bad mistake which is a shame since otherwise his tour of Latin America countries seemed to go well.

Cruimh

Despite the RCC having a good track record in condemning Pinochet's abuses, it seems the trip to South America by this Pope has not been running smoothly, with Churches firebombed in Santiago and threats issued.

Sex abuse, political turmoil overshadow pope in Chile, Peru - ABC News

Francis is of course touchy about Barros - as he promoted him in 2015

Chile's church has yet to recover its credibility following the scandal over the Rev. Fernando Karadima, a charismatic preacher who had a huge following in Santiago and was responsible for training hundreds of priests and five bishops.

The Vatican in 2011 sentenced Karadima to a lifetime of "penance and prayer" after confirming what his victims had been saying for years but what Chile's Catholic leadership refused to believe: that Karadima had sexually abused them.

Francis reopened the wounds of the scandal when in 2015 he named one of Karadima's proteges as bishop of the southern diocese of Osorno. Karadima's victims say Bishop Juan Barros knew about the abuse but did nothing, a charge Barros denies.

Osorno dissidents are planning protests in Santiago to coincide with Francis' arrival Monday.
It is similar in some ways to the Maciel business , or the handling of abuse and corruption in the Philippines.

statsman

The Pope says he will act if evidence is produced to him.
If I was an employer and a serious accusation against one of my employees was made, I would undertake to investigate that claim.
Waiting and seeing is one thing, accusing victims of calumny is quite another.

Volatire

Um .. why does this "beggar belief"?

Is the OP unfamiliar with the long, sordid, paedophillic history of the church?

The Field Marshal

Cardinal Bergoglio posing as " Pope Francis"is not a valid Pope.

[1] Pope Benedicts abdication remains incomplete and invalid
[2] Even if Benedicts abdication was valid then Cardinal Bergoglio has separated himself from the Catholic Church by the sin of formal heresy.

So the situation is either one of sedevacantism or else Pope Benedict remains a true Pope.

No Catholic is obliged to listen to Cardinal Bergoglio.

statsman

[2] Even if Benedicts abdication was valid then Cardinal Bergoglio has separated himself from the Catholic Church by the sin of formal heresy.

So the situation is either one of sedevacantism or else Pope Benedict remains a true Pope.

So, he's not the Pope, he's a very naughty boy?

The Field Marshal

Earth calling TFM, come in TFM.
I'm here, I'm here.
Do not worry.
Cardinal Bergoglio is not a real Pope .
He also suffers from mental illness.

Pope Benedict is old and frail .
You should say a prayer for him.

Cruimh

Out of interest then - do Promotions by "Bergoglio" not count? Is Juan Barros not a Bishop?

The Field Marshal

mr_anderson

I'm here, I'm here.
Do not worry.
Cardinal Bergoglio is not a real Pope .
He also suffers from mental illness.

Pope Benedict is old and frail .
You should say a prayer for him.
When Benny dies, will you accept Francis as the legitimate pope ?

The Field Marshal

Despite the RCC having a good track record in condemning Pinochet's abuses, it seems the trip to South America by this Pope has not been running smoothly, with Churches firebombed in Santiago and threats issued.

Sex abuse, political turmoil overshadow pope in Chile, Peru - ABC News

Francis is of course touchy about Barros - as he promoted him in 2015

It is similar in some ways to the Maciel business , or the handling of abuse and corruption in the Philippines.
What Pope?
You are labouring under an illusion that Cardinal Bergoglio is a pope.
He is,nt.

Even if he was elected canonically , which is highly doubtful, he would have lost the papacy by his promotion of formal heresy.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies