• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Double standards of Sindo again: Shatter issue, no shame ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoin Coir

The Sindo is big today ,as I expected it would,on the Shatter/Wallace issue. No problem, but I thought that at least they would have the cop on to stay away from it. This same Sindo who ran with a Sam Smyth story about the Frank Connolly passport issue from info leaked to Sam by then Justice Minister Michael McDowell.

Sindo also gives a weekly col to Willie O Dea who as Minister used garda information (wrongly) to smear a political opponent in Limerick. O Dea also made a false affidavit on the issue, it all eventually led to his resignation from Cabinet.

Have the Sindo no shame at all.

ger12

The Sindo is big today ,as I expected it would,on the Shatter/Wallace issue. No problem, but I thought that at least they would have the cop on to stay away from it. This same Sindo who ran with a Sam Smyth story about the Frank Connolly passport issue from info leaked to Sam by then Justice Minister Michael McDowell.

Sindo also gives a weekly col to Willie O Dea who as Minister used garda information (wrongly) to smear a political opponent in Limerick. O Dea also made a false affidavit on the issue, it all eventually led to his resignation from Cabinet.

Yep, Willie resigned, it being a resigning matter. When will Minister Shatter go?

Boy M5

So taking your first para - Aldershot Anne and her chums have no cop on and behaved as you expected them to behave?

Eoin Coir

Yep, Willie resigned, it being a resigning matter. When will Minister Shatter go?
Willie information was false though, and there was the question of a certain affidavit from him a law man and officer of court ?

Proper question is did McDowell resign over Frank Connolly leak. Did he f*ck ?

Eoin Coir

So taking your first para - Aldershot Anne and her chums have no cop on and behaved as you expected them to behave?
Yes , Aldershot Anne and her team have walked straight into it. I had expected though they had enough cuteness to stay away from it after the McDowell/ O Dea history. Or maybe it is a matter of them having no shame ?

ger12

Willie information was false though, and there was the question of a certain affidavit from him a law man and officer of court ?

Proper question is did McDowell resign over Frank Connolly leak. Did he f*ck ?
No pet, proper question is did Minister Shattter use his office to obtain information on another colleague and use it to attack the colleague on TV. If that's the case, he should resign for his unacceptable behavior.

niall78

WTF is this thread even about?

There's another thread on Shatter's massive abuse of power in which this type of whataboutery is not only allowed but protected by a site staff member. Please merge this thread with the main Shatter thread.

Eoin Coir

This is about the double standards and lack of shame by the Sindo.

Sync

WTF is this thread even about?

There's another thread on Shatter's massive abuse of power in which this type of whataboutery is not only allowed but protected by a site staff member. Please merge this thread with the main Shatter thread.
/MOD/ There is indeed another active thread on this. Closed. /MOD/

Status
Not open for further replies.