• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Dr. admits falsifying results now working in Crumlin Childrens Hospital!

FrankSpeaks

I came across this story in the IT today, Dr. John Stewart McKenna admitted falsifying blood test results and refused to attend patients and prescribed drugs without having test results was sacked by St. Michaels Hospital, Dún Laoighaire. He is now a Senior House Officer in Crumlin Children's Hospital, can someone explain how he managed to pass the interview process?

I would not want the lazy bastard near my kids, would you?

BTW: His excuse was that he was training for an Ironman Triathlon!

truthisfree

On March 23rd, Dr McKenna falsified blood test results for a patient he was referring to the hospital’s Warfarin clinic. When the Warfarin clinic nurse discovered this, he admitted it and said “they never noticed in St Vincent’s”, the inquiry heard.
Why is this man allowed to practice at all? Defies logic...!!!

FrankSpeaks

Is he in the Liebor Party?
Look this is a very serious matter, a Doctor who was sacked after admitting to falsifying records is now employed in Crumlin Children's Hospital. I'm shocked and disgusted that he would even be considered for a place not a mind employed by them!

Radix

Look this is a very serious matter, a Doctor who was sacked after admitting to falsifying records is now employed in Crumlin Children's Hospital. I'm shocked and disgusted that he would even be considered for a place not a mind employed by them!
Frank, this is Ireland, remember.

FrankSpeaks

Frank, this is Ireland, remember.
Hopefully he is found guilty and struck off!

However the interview board of Crumlin Children's Hospital have serious questions to answer.

Nemesiscorporation

For once, you and I are in complete agreement.

This doctor should be removed by the Gardai from that hospital and anyone who gives a damn at all about children or the health service should march on the hospital to force the hospital to fire him. The entire personal department clearly needs to be fired and banned from working in the health service ever again.

This whole incident is beyond belief, particularly at a time the entire planet is watching the irish health service.

Nemesiscorporation

Hopefully he is found guilty and struck off!

However the interview board of Crumlin Children's Hospital have serious questions to answer.
The board of Crumlin hospital should be fired for allowing this to happen.

It is a childrens hospital. No one who is not of the utmost highest professional standard should be allowed to work there.

FrankSpeaks

The board of Crumlin hospital should be fired for allowing this to happen.

It is a childrens hospital. No one who is not of the utmost highest professional standard should be allowed to work there.
It is beyond belief how any Doctor sacked in the manner that he was could ever find work again, it was a total dereliction of duty.

Some questions arise!

Were the board of Crumlin misled?

Did he use a false reference?

Did they carry out proper checks?

Nemesiscorporation

It is beyond belief how any Doctor sacked in the manner that he was could ever find work again, it was a total dereliction of duty.

Some questions arise!

Were the board of Crumlin misled?

Did he use a false reference?

Did they carry out proper checks?
The Irish medical profession is a very small community.

I would find it hard to believe the board did not know the doctors history.

Last edited:

southwestkerry

I came across this story in the IT today, Dr. John Stewart McKenna admitted falsifying blood test results and refused to attend patients and prescribed drugs without having test results was sacked by St. Michaels Hospital, Dún Laoighaire. He is now a Senior House Officer in Crumlin Children's Hospital, can someone explain how he managed to pass the interview process?

I would not want the lazy bastard near my kids, would you?

BTW: His excuse was that he was training for an Ironman Triathlon!
As I highlighted in the passed about the way they work here in Kerry, this does not at all surprise me. This kind off thing is I would suspect common as muck. Their are 2 Dr I have ever meet that I have any respect for. My GP and a Dr in the Bon's at Tralee. The rest I just have as little to do with as possible.

Thady Quill

Crumlin Hospital is a disgrace as is the Medical Council.

A leading doctor has claimed last week's decision by the Medical Council's Fitness to Practise Committee to clear two Crumlin Hospital surgeons of misconduct charges over the removal of the wrong kidney from a child "sends out the wrong message".
Doctor criticises 'wrong kidney' probe outcome - irishhealth.com

And now Corbally has again appeared before the Medical Council and they have again failed to act.

Mushroom

Crumlin Hospital is a disgrace as is the Medical Council.

A leading doctor has claimed last week's decision by the Medical Council's Fitness to Practise Committee to clear two Crumlin Hospital surgeons of misconduct charges over the removal of the wrong kidney from a child "sends out the wrong message".
Doctor criticises 'wrong kidney' probe outcome - irishhealth.com
"The committee decided that while "a series of catastrophic errors" had been made at the hospital, the doctors' behaviour did not amount to serious professional misconduct."

So there it is.

The same Medical Council committee was subsequently asked to review the case of Savita Halappanavar and rapidly concluded that her unfortunate death was due to an ingrowing toenail.

FrankSpeaks

The Irish medical profession is a very small community.

I would find it hard to believe the board did not know the doctors history.
If I was on the interview board I could not have it on my conscience that I was responsible for employing such a person to work with young children. Surely all it would take is one good man on the interview board to say no!

Blossie

What usually happens in this country is that people like him will get away with it until somebody dies.

southwestkerry

What usually happens in this country is that people like him will get away with it until somebody dies.
and when someone dies, its a case off... 'aaa sure thats terrible we must do something about that'... a month later all back to status quo

FrankSpeaks

I'm very surprised at the small number of posts in this thread on what I think is a very serious issue!

The employment of this man in Crumlin has potential consequences for every parent in the country!