Dr. doesn't agree that a dying woman should receive an abortion - Eamonn McGuinness

making waves

Honesty? What happened to 'muddying the waters'? I like that one.:D

You've stated a number of untruths concerning my posts, which you've neither acknowledged or retracted.

So how can posters attach much significance to, or rely on anything that you post?
With all due respect Ellen - some of us have a life outside pie - and when I have to respond to the childish claptrap from Calc it leaves little time to go back to your claims - if I have time tomorrow I will - and then we will see who is telling 'untruths'.

D

Deleted member 45466

And state wher I used the word 'cure'

To be honest - you are behaving like you are part of a school debating team - making false claims and then trying to knock down paper castles - rather than address the issues in an honest and substantial way.
Man you're wriggling hard to get out off this hook.

Cancer is never cured. You go into remission.

You did speak about "one drug", and "effective treatment".

Now it's "two drugs" and "treatment"!

Are you going to concede that your claims about treating bladder cancer are incorrect?

If not, provide us with some hard facts from reputable sources.

D

Deleted member 45466

With all due respect Ellen - some of us have a life outside pie - and when I have to respond to the childish claptrap from Calc it leaves little time to go back to your claims - if I have time tomorrow I will - and then we will see who is telling 'untruths'.
:rolleyes:

Loafer.

Ellen Ripley

Indeed. I logged in twice today--you've been posting since morning :lol:

So it's a date then, waves.

D

Deleted member 45466

Actually it is not - the anti-choice campaign has repeatedly claimed that cancer treatment for women is not affected if the woman becomes pregnant - I pointed out one instance where cancer treatment could be withdrawn - the anti-choicers have not provided any evidence to refute the assertion.

And exactly what 'claim' would you like referenced in medical literature.
The burden of proof is on you.

You have made a claim;

You need to validate it.

Your claim is that women are being denied treatment because of the 8th (although "delayed" is becoming more prominent in your posts now).

I'd expect to see med literature backing that up, with data, showing significant increases in morbidity, mortality etc.

I'd also like to see data confirming that Oncologists treating pregnant women are hamstrung by the 8th, since I've read enough medical opinion pieces stating that this is not the case. So, someone's telling fibs.

You're claiming that a Oncologist shared important info with you, contradicting pro-life doctors claims. But he/she appears to have gotten basic facts wrong! Posting corrections two days later has merely fueled my skepticism.

Ellen has given us something tasty to chew on.

You've been feeding us Dr Nick Riviera's stool samples.

BTW, I genuinely would like to see some hard facts on this topic, because I'd re-think my position on the 8th if I discovered that pregnant women were being left to die because they had cancer.

RasherHash

Peadar Tóibín
Peadar Tóibín
@Toibin1
·
25m
Support for repeal of the #Right2Life has fallen 9% to less than 50% for the first time in recent Irish Times Polls. A minority of people now state that they want no legal protection for the unborn child in the Irish constitution. #compassion #love #voteNo

Emily Davison

The burden of proof is on you.

BTW, I genuinely would like to see some hard facts on this topic, because I'd re-think my position on the 8th if I discovered that pregnant women were being left to die because they had cancer.
Two words:

Michelle Harte.

Emily Davison

There are just as many - if not more - examples from pregnant women who did have their treatment delayed or stopped.
You're wasting you time with Calc and Ellen. They will never change their minds. Never. The latest referendum poll is out:

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/editorial/irish-times-ipsos-mrbi-poll-nothing-can-be-taken-for-granted-1.3467487

47 per cent - of all voters now say they will vote in favour of removing the constitutional ban on abortion, while 28 per cent say they will vote against the measure. A fifth of voters (20 per cent) say they are undecided, while four per cent refused to answer or say they will not vote. Once the undecided and the likely non-voters are excluded, the extent of the repealers’ lead is clear: 63 per cent to 37 per cent.

Emily Davison

Peadar Tóibín
Peadar Tóibín
@Toibin1
·
25m
Support for repeal of the #Right2Life has fallen 9% to less than 50% for the first time in recent Irish Times Polls. A minority of people now state that they want no legal protection for the unborn child in the Irish constitution. #compassion #love #voteNo
You and he can spin it anyway you want.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/closer-look-at-poll-figures-makes-clear-eighth-will-be-repealed-1.3467464

When undecided voters taken out of reckoning ‘Yes’ side has significant advantage

The lovely McGuirk has it all to do. He's so far been doing a fantastic job.

mail2adobe9

With reference to the said speech of Ms. Kenny's, I must explain that it is completely not true that a pregnant woman is ever legally eligible to make a decision about a murder of its child in any procedure i.e. in the one called "abortion" or "cancer treatment". It is also a lie repeated by similar individuals, that a pregnant women by an "informed consent" is allegedly legally eligible to decide that her child or children can be killed. Whilst I can prove it basing on specific law, it would be desired that Ms. Kenny would prove which law (with exception of any illegal legislation) stipulates meaning and application of "informed consent". I will explain you right now, a concept of "informed consent" is repeated by unqualified people who do not any idea what it really means in practice. The same people do not understand that the law treats any unborn child, the same as any born child, granting it the same essential right to live. Having regard and not discriminating to any very young child and and very old person, I must explain that no one regardless of any consent have any right to murder. Abortion it is a process or stopping of development of pregnancy at extremely early stage, within a few hours from insemination. However, regardless of whether individuals like that, know or understand it, any chemical and or mechanical harm inflicted after, in legal terms means a murder. This was already explained to other unqualified people in one of High Court hearings. It is also worth to note that Protection of Life During Pregnancy Act 2013, is illegal legislation, that will be abolished. People who do not understand it should restrain themselves from killing any child.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies