• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Dr Maurice Neligan has died

'orebel

With respect, she could acknowledge his enormous contribution to Irish medicine, the thousands of lives he saved through his pioneering approach to cardiac surgery etc etc

She could pay her respects while acknowledging that she disagreed with him politically. Cowen did so (even referring to the time he was minister for health and considering the fact that maurice called for his head in is column in the last few weeks)

It is called respect - and that fact that she is incapable of expressing this is a sad reflection on her personally. In fact it is despicable

Declaration of interest - I say this as a medical Doctor, medical columnist and former member of the PDs who was heavily critical of Ms Harney and her performance as Minister
Though her lack of respect speaks volumes I doubt any crocodile tears from from her would be appreciated or missed.
Go neirí an bóthar leis.

Pauli

With respect, she could acknowledge his enormous contribution to Irish medicine, the thousands of lives he saved through his pioneering approach to cardiac surgery etc etc

She could pay her respects while acknowledging that she disagreed with him politically. Cowen did so (even referring to the time he was minister for health and considering the fact that maurice called for his head in is column in the last few weeks)

It is called respect - and that fact that she is incapable of expressing this is a sad reflection on her personally. In fact it is despicable

Declaration of interest - I say this as a medical Doctor, medical columnist and former member of the PDs who was heavily critical of Ms Harney and her performance as Minister
+1.

captainwillard

These RIP threads are getting too much. Do we all have to pay homage to any half famous dignitary who dies. Why should Mary Harney have to pay her respects? He was a good doctor but he got well paid for his troubles.

The pathos and maudlin sanctimoniousness is just too much.

LeDroit

These RIP threads are getting too much. Do we all have to pay homage to any half famous dignitary who dies. Why should Mary Harney have to pay her respects? He was a good doctor but he got well paid for his troubles.

Oh, oh. Your free speech and honesty is not wanted here. Cue the indignation! Cue the 'post reported' eh, posts.

olamp

Just go away please --you are boring.

LeDroit

captainwillard

Oh, oh. Your free speech and honesty is not wanted here. Cue the indignation! Cue the 'post reported' eh, posts.
Yes indeed..this thread will be full of outrage now. But it gets up my goat that Mary Harney's response to his death should be criticised. If she expresses her sadness, she is a hypocrite. If she says nothing, she is cold.

For goodness sake, cop yourselves on with these silly threads. they really do bring out the worst aspects of Irishness.. the false sadness, the need to ingratiate and express sympathy and the downright hypocrisy.

LeDroit

Don`t encourage him!
I have to. It's the only way to end the thread. There's a pattern that has to play out, viz;

1. OP-'my sad duty to inform you'
2. Multiple posts with just three letters-RIP
3. The personal touch-'When I met him' 'Loved pets and children'
4. The Child with the Truth- 'lads, this is a bit OTT'
5. Indignation and 'post reported' posts
6. Everyone gets bored and thread dies, ehm, RIP. :)

captainwillard

I have to. It's the only way to end the thread. There's a pattern that has to play out, viz;

1. OP-'my sad duty to inform you'
2. Multiple posts with just three letters-RIP
3. The personal touch-'When I met him' 'Loved pets and children'
4. The Child with the Truth- 'lads, this is a bit OTT'
5. Indignation and 'post reported' posts
6. Everyone gets bored and thread dies, ehm, RIP. :)
It would appear that you are even more jaded and cynical than me.

LeDroit

LeDroit

LeDroit

We are talking about a man who saved thousands of lives

Who revolutionised the care of cardiac disease - the biggest killer in this state

Who was one of the most decent, most intelligent and most skilled men you could ever have met - forced to work in a system dominated by intellectual pygmies backed up by cute hoor politicians

A man that none of you cyncial little anonymous internet bast***s would be fit to tie the shoelaces of

You really are a pathetic bunch of muppets -

Show some respect.

You know what - f**k it what's the point - this website is clearly dominated by morons
Aha! Step 5!

Nearly there.

captainwillard

We are talking about a man who saved thousands of lives

Who revolutionised the care of cardiac disease - the biggest killer in this state

Who was one of the most decent, most intelligent and most skilled men you could ever have met - forced to work in a system dominated by intellectual pygmies backed up by cute hoor politicians

A man that none of you cyncial little anonymous internet bast***s would be fit to tie the shoelaces of

You really are a pathetic bunch of muppets -

Show some respect.
Why dont we get the Tony gregory thread, change the title to Maurice Nelligan and repost it? It would save so much time and angst.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies