Drumm Guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goa Tse

He will never see the inside of a cell.

Suspended sentence, followed by a round of golf with the judge. Biffo might even join them, as caddy.

Wigmore

Do the judges these days have strict sentencing guidelines, or for gaol time can they just pluck a number out of their arse?
Not sure but if he does get gaol time it may expand his experience at pulling things out if arse.

Jack Walsh

I have zero sympathy for the arrogant SOB but I don't see the crime
And if there was one, then the Regulator and indeed senior politicians should be in the Joy with him

If this is misleading investors where does that place FF/Greens and a deposit guarantee pledge of €600 billion when we were in fact bankrupt?

The Field Marshal

Yes right on cue a packed irish jury delivers another foregone conclusion.

enuffisenuff

a token gesture if ever there was one to be honest...

Nipper

These crimes didn't destroy the country, as was asserted. The actions which destroyed the economy are still not illegal actions.
Giving a state garauntee to a bank that was committing massive fraud to cover up the fact it was insolvent, should be criminal negligence if nothing else

Nipper

I have zero sympathy for the arrogant SOB but I don't see the crime
And if there was one, then the Regulator and indeed senior politicians should be in the Joy with him

If this is misleading investors where does that place FF/Greens and a deposit guarantee pledge of €600 billion when we were in fact bankrupt?
We are not a company

Lagertha

He'll get a slap on the wrist, at best he'll get a suspended sentence at worst they'll put him in some cushy prison for a couple of months.

Nipper

Now we can talk openly

What did you make of him using the Mick Wallace defense?

The Field Marshal

Drumm sums up the new secular ireland.

Very very much a contemporary irishman.

commonman

The peasants would be happier if several senior FF politicians were going down with him.
You know that is not going to happen we got who we got, we live in the most corrupt country in europe, i am looking at this carry on this years.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I don't recall the issue of 'non-recourse' loans being issued down the back stairs either in either Fitzpatrick or Drumm's case.

Which would have been defrauding the bank's shareholders and bondholders because it removes recourse the bank would have had in pursuing loans that went bad.

Garda Joe probably missed that bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom