Drumm Guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Walsh

We are not a company
Shares in AIB, BOI and Anglo soared by up to 50% the morning after the guarantee announcement
Guaranteeing the security of a financial institution with a pledge of security that you haven't got is most definitely high end fraud

Dorcha

I have zero sympathy for the arrogant SOB but I don't see the crime
And if there was one, then the Regulator and indeed senior politicians should be in the Joy with him

If this is misleading investors where does that place FF/Greens and a deposit guarantee pledge of €600 billion when we were in fact bankrupt?
Well if obtaining public money for his bank by defraud isn't a crime, I really don't know what is.

Catalpast

After spending months in a Maximum Security US prison I doubt he will go to pieces in one of the ones they call 'prison' over here....

Analyzer

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
He may well feel he is hard done by considering Sean Fitzpatrick's round of applause in the Law Library.

Jack Walsh

Well if obtaining public money for his bank by defraud isn't a crime, I really don't know what is.
I think the intention was simply to stay afloat
The share price dropped anyway

**** the arrogant tool, but I think the convictions in this case were all secured by the judges directing the juries to ignore the regulator's role
They were all heading to the Joy once the wigs blocked this deference route

Ardillaun

Getting white collar crims to court is the big thing as most of their peccadilloes never see the light of day. Investigation sends a louder message than long sentences. Prisons should be mainly reserved for violent offenders. Mainly - not in Drummer’s case, though. Here’s hoping he gets a good scapegoating.

Last edited:

devoutcapitalist

Getting white collar crims to court is the big thing as most of their peccadilloes never see the light of day. Investigation sends a louder message than long sentences. Prisons should be mainly reserved for violent offenders.
White Collar Crime should also be treated severely.

nationalsday

Less than 5 years I reckon.
If he had returned without fighting the extradition and pleaded guilty he would have had his sentence over and done with at this stage. He shouldn't get that much - no previous convictions, of good previous character, and the judge will have to take into account the devastating effect that the process has had and will have on his future life, family etc. For fighting the case he isn't entitled to any discount for an early guilty plea now, so you are probably right - headline figure is 8 or 9 and after mitigating circumstances deducted then I would have thought the appropriate sentence would be in or around the five mark with a suspended portion of that.

cricket

I'd say he's looking at 4 to 5 years.
Some great work by the gardaí on the case.

enuffisenuff

Meanwhile on planet pension..

cricket

Drumm's biggest groupie in Ireland, Shane Ross, must be inconsolable this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom