Drunk Fine Gael TD threatened Garda at Leinster House

CorkHurler

The Sunday Independent has a front page story that Cork South West TD Paddy Sheehan threatened a female member of an Garda Siochana who prevented him from leaving Leinster House on July 8th last that "you'll be in trouble for this" and "you'll get nothing when we are in power". The story describes Sheehan as being barely able to stand and that Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny intervened on his behalf with the Garda telling her to disregard what Sheehan was saying to her. Its not clear from the story if Sheehan will be prosecuted but an official Garda report has been compiled.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/drunk-td-threat-to-ruin-garda-career-2343669.html

Last edited by a moderator:

DCon

As I said on another thread, they should all be breathalysed before they vote

"Too drunk to drive? Too drunk to vote"

adamirer

who???? if true, shameful. I despise anyone who thinks thier job makes them special.

oggy

Has Brian Cowen posted on Twitter about this alleged incident ?

Tony Liar

Leaving while driving or just walking out?

Interesting that the Gardai leak FG related stories but silence on the Anglo "investigation". They were also very quick to leak re: Trevor Sargent.

adamirer

sadly a guard can't arrest a TD on their way to or leaving the Dail. The response to this and how Kenny handles it will be enlightening.

Radix

The Sunday Independent has a front page story that Cork South West TD Paddy Sheehan threatened a female member of an Garda Siochana who prevented him from leaving Leinster House on July 8th last that "you'll be in trouble for this" and "you'll get nothing when we are in power". The story describes Sheehan as being barely able to stand and that Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny intervened on his behalf with the Garda telling her to disregard what Sheehan was saying to her. Its not clear from the story if Sheehan will be prosecuted but an official Garda report has been compiled.

Link to follow when the paper goes on line.

Is that the man from Cork with the appartment in Dublin for the last twenty years?

Maybe he was on the drink, sorry I mean the brink!

Shurely there's shome mishtake.;)

Events....?

thetruthsback

Ah for Christ sake, it is not surprising. The man is almost 80 and the Blue shirt brigade in West Cork keep electing him, his son is a bigger clown

spidermom

good to see that Dermot Ahern is busy at work :eek:
Indeed!!!...:)

But FFS...FG pull defeat from the jaws of victory...yet again!!

RightCentreLeft

Depending on what exactly Kenny said to the Garda - I reckon if he acted in any way dishonest he would have to resign as leader of Fine Gael. Why is this story only coming out now. They should just change the papers name to The Sunday Fianna Fail Independent and be done with it.

Tony Liar

Depending on what exactly Kenny said to the Garda - I reckon if he acted in any way dishonest he would have to resign as leader of Fine Gael. Why is this story only coming out now. They should just change the papers name to The Sunday Fianna Fail Independent and be done with it.
Kenny was on holidays then?

New Threads

Most Replies