• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

DSW - Dangerzone for Poll Toppers - Is Rabitte next?

drjimryan2

listening to pat this week had me thinking of the amazing history in Dublin South West of Poll topping Td's.....

1992 - talyor topped and retired in 1997, his running mate walsh, failed to hold a seat.....

1997 - Hayes topped the poll and lost the seat in 2002

2002 - Crowe topped the poll and lost the seat in 2007

2007 - Lenihan tops poll and lost the seat in 2011

2011 - Rabitte tops the poll - will he be the latest in this line or retire?, and if he retires, Maloney will probably not hold a seat either........

So......will this LAbour slide continue and with a total wipeout on the cards?, will Rabitte retire or continue the tradition and loose his seat? or will DSW buck the trend and keep FF in the Doldrums? roll on election 2016!

Last edited:

Bren Boru

listening to pat this week had me thinking of the amazing history in Dublin South West of Poll topping Td's.....

1992 - talyor topped and retired in 1997, his running mate walsh, failed to hold a seat.....

1997 - Hayes topped the poll and went on to loose in 2002

2002 - Crowe topped the poll and lost the seat in 2007

2007 - Lenihan tops poll and looses seat in 2011

2011 - Rabitte tops the poll - will he be the latest in this line or retire?, and if he retires, Maloney will probably not hold a seat either........

So......will this LAbour slide continue and with a total wipeout on the cards?, will Rabitte retire or continue the tradition and loose his seat? or will DSW buck the trend and keep FF in the Doldrums? roll on election 2016!
Eh....did Lenihan not retain his seat?

ruserious

If Labour had stayed out of government, FG would have had to take FF into coalition and Labour would be odds on favourite to lead the next government and a new left-right divide would have emerged. Instead, they are going to the abattoir.

flavirostris

If Labour had stayed out of government, FG would have had to take FF into coalition
No they wouldn't. There were other options available.

ruserious

No they wouldn't. There were other options available.
Sinn Féin- ruled out.
ULA- Not in a million years.
Independents- country was sick of independent ragbags holding the balance of power. Hense Labour

Ruff says Flaherty

If Labour had stayed out of government, FG would have had to take FF into coalition and Labour would be odds on favourite to lead the next government and a new left-right divide would have emerged. Instead, they are going to the abattoir.
Well said.

Ruff says Flaherty

Sinn Féin- ruled out.
ULA- Not in a million years.
Independents- country was sick of independent ragbags holding the balance of power. Hense Labour
I reckon they would have went with independents. The country would have stomached that better than Fianna Fáil, which I think was an absolute non starter. Stephen Donnelly and a few others would have been offered the chance to join, may not have been a bad thing.

Analyzer

Interesting theory.

I reckon that it will not bother plump bunny.

By the time of the next general election he will be looking at his pension.

In fact he will be as well sorted as Pat Carey was, after the last General Election.

The irony of all of that.

Cai

He only scratched in in 2002 - & the next GE will probably be worse for Labour than 2002.

He might well lose.

flavirostris

Very hard to see Rabbitte losing his seat, if indeed he runs again. A massive vote in 2011 and he's not in charge of an overly toxic department.

flavirostris

He is charge of his overly arrogant gob. That should do it for him.
I don't think Rabbitte is arrogant. Not compared to a deluded clown with an overblown sense of entitlement like Conor Lenihan.

flavirostris

riker1969

There is likely to be a Labour slaughter but Rabbite is wiley ,so at the moment I see him holding but if they fail to get a deal on bank debt and the economy is still stagnant in 2015/16-all bets are off. Sadly (for Ireland), I think both of these outcomes are very likely.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies