• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

DubIin European Elections 2019

hiding behind a poster

Bertie Ahrean got thousands of votes too, Durkin is a carpetbagger and does not represent Dublin people
I think you'll find that Durkan isn't claiming to represent Dublin people. He's going before them in an election and asking them if they want him to represent them.

Hitchcock

I don't know about the reliability of the article or its sources, but it would be pretty remarkable if SF really think Daly is a threat to them. They had over 23% of the vote the last time and could lose up to 8% and still hold their seat. The combined left vote including Lab and the Greens was over 70% in 2014 so there simply has to be 2 left seats here, the only issue being whether the second left seat goes to Daly or someone else.

FG will hold the third seat. FF have no hope in Dublin. Did I dream they are running Hanafin and Barry Andrews? The combined talents of Gift Grub and Oliver Callan could not have dreamt up such a scenario for 2019.
I suspect it's a SF penned article to rattle their own membership into activity.

If Daly does indeed stand you'd imagine she'd pull in a huge amount of the 'left' vote adn transfers from SF and Labour. I'd imagine Boylan, Fitzgerald, Daly and Andrews the most likely outcome...

FF just standing Andrews - he beat Hanafin in the selction convention.

wombat

I think you'll find that Durkan isn't claiming to represent Dublin people. He's going before them in an election and asking them if they want him to represent them.
From what I heard, he wants people in Dublin to vote for him so that he can represent people in Derry.

hiding behind a poster

From what I heard, he wants people in Dublin to vote for him so that he can represent people in Derry.
Given that Sinn Fein won't represent them, at least somebody's offering to.

hiding behind a poster

I suspect it's a SF penned article to rattle their own membership into activity.

If Daly does indeed stand you'd imagine she'd pull in a huge amount of the 'left' vote adn transfers from SF and Labour. I'd imagine Boylan, Fitzgerald, Daly and Andrews the most likely outcome...
I can't see SF having too many transfers to distribute.

Reactions: DJP

hiding behind a poster

When are we going to start seeing the EU constituency polls does anyone here know?
Not until the posters go up, I'd say. Most voters wouldn't be familiar with the lineup yet.

Reactions: DJP

Hitchcock

If he gets elected it will great news for Fine Gael becoming a/more of a united 32 county party. That may not happen immediately after and may still take a stretch but it would be great for FG.
It's highly, highly unlikely he'll get elected and I don't really think FG expect him to be elected. FG have no ambition to be a 32 county party.

hiding behind a poster

It's highly, highly unlikely he'll get elected and I don't really think FG expect him to be elected. FG have no ambition to be a 32 county party.
FG are currently the only party defending the interests of Northern nationalists in Brexit.

Uganda

A question for anyone out there who might know the answer. If the Brits partake in EU elections that means Dublin goes from proposed 4 down to 3 seats. Does any one know:

1. Do we elect 3 and the 4th placed gets the 4th seat when the Brits actually leave?

Hitchcock

I'll remember this post. Whether you are proved wrong or right.
I'm generally right on these matters and I hope you'll acknowledge how on the money I was when the time comes :)

hiding behind a poster

A question for anyone out there who might know the answer. If the Brits partake in EU elections that means Dublin goes from proposed 4 down to 3 seats. Does any one know:

1. Do we elect 3 and the 4th placed gets the 4th seat when the Brits actually leave?
That's my understanding, but I haven't seen it written down anywhere, so I wouldn't hang the farm on it.

Hitchcock