• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

DubIin European Elections 2019

Uganda

That's my understanding, but I haven't seen it written down anywhere, so I wouldn't hang the farm on it.
Thanks. I'm just wondering if there could be different outcomes, apart from the 3 or 4 one? In other words, if you were counting for 4 but only allocating 3, ( and the 4th being the reserve)could that have a different outcome than if you were counting for only 3 (different quotas etc).? It might lead to a legal challenge if that were possibl.

wombat

I think we can afford 1 out of 3 or 4 MEP's being represented by a Derry MEP- and anyway how would he NOT represent Dublin?
He said he will stay in Derry, which is fair enough but he has shown no interest in what Dubliners need, from what he said it sounds like he wants Dubliners to vote for him so he can represent Northern nationalists who rejected him.

Northsideman

He said he will stay in Derry, which is fair enough but he has shown no interest in what Dubliners need, from what he said it sounds like he wants Dubliners to vote for him so he can represent Northern nationalists who rejected him.
And Dubliners will also reject him.

midlander12

I suspect it's a SF penned article to rattle their own membership into activity.

If Daly does indeed stand you'd imagine she'd pull in a huge amount of the 'left' vote adn transfers from SF and Labour. I'd imagine Boylan, Fitzgerald, Daly and Andrews the most likely outcome...

FF just standing Andrews - he beat Hanafin in the selction convention.
Er - isn't it 3 seats? I know there was due to be a 4th, but given the unlikelihood now of Brexit, Andrews is likely to be in permanent suspended animation. An appropriate end to his career, when you think about it.

Hitchcock

Er - isn't it 3 seats? I know there was due to be a 4th, but given the unlikelihood now of Brexit, Andrews is likely to be in permanent suspended animation. An appropriate end to his career, when you think about it.
Four people will be elected but as you say if the current situation remains only three will immediately take up their seats with the fourth to follow when the UK departs as they inevitably will.

bang bang

Seems to be a good media performer but he is the Irexit chap. It would be a laugh if he got elected as the people in RTE and the IT would be most upset. :)
He has no chance, deposit will be lost, hopefully.

jmcc

He has no chance, deposit will be lost, hopefully.
Don't be so sure. Disgruntled voters may just take the opportunity to kick the government. After all. the presstitutes were claiming that FG's Hayes would top the poll last time and he barely scraped home last after the Green's Ryan decided not to ask for another recount.

Hitchcock

Don't be so sure. Disgruntled voters may just take the opportunity to kick the government. After all. the presstitutes were claiming that FG's Hayes would top the poll last time and he barely scraped home last after the Green's Ryan decided not to ask for another recount.
There's other candidates who will benefit any anti government sentiment - Kelly is way down that list.

midlander12

Four people will be elected but as you say if the current situation remains only three will immediately take up their seats with the fourth to follow when the UK departs as they inevitably will.
It's most certainly not 'inevitable' now and I suspect you're the only one who thinks it is. Frankly, the only possibility of them leaving now is through the forlorn chance of May and Corbyn doing a deal on a customs union which they can get through the HOC. I suspect that won't happen because that would finally and formally split the Tory Party. Otherwise there's no chance of the May deal going through now, No Deal isn't happening not least because of the Cooper-Letwin Act and also because everyone other than hardcore headbangers will do everything to avoid it, and the current extension until 31 October is really to give the Brexiteers time to come to terms with their loss.

PBP voter

Hitchcock

Both Daly and Wallace to run.

Both will get a huge vote. The chance to get rid of them for 5 years is too good an opportunity for the electorate to turn down.

SF will struggle.
Both will get a huge vote.
Daly should, not so sure Wallace will.

The chance to get rid of them for 5 years is too good an opportunity for the electorate to turn down.
Idiotic contradiction :rolleyes:

SF will struggle.
More idiocy.

sic transit

Hayes was never in any danger from Ryan. Irexit candidate hasn't a hope. If people want to go kicking they'll choose one of the lefties first including Daly.

sic transit

Degeneration X

I don't accept that he's a failure, and I'm not your researcher. But Durkan got thousands of votes time after time once elected, so obviously those voters thought he was representing them well.
Well he's abandoned those people to seek his fortunes elsewhere and you don't except Durkan's a failure because you're FG.

jmcc

Hayes was never in any danger from Ryan. Irexit candidate hasn't a hope. If people want to go kicking they'll choose one of the lefties first including Daly.
It came down to multiple recounts for the last seat between Hayes and Ryan.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies