• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Dublin Airport Terminal 2 Images

alonso

Found these linked on www.archiseek.com

Pretty fine looking building and it has been interesting seeing it go up bit by bit as I visit the Airport. Shame it's a decade too late but we can enjoy the extra capacity for a few decades by the looks of things.

Pauli

Found these linked on www.archiseek.com

Pretty fine looking building and it has been interesting seeing it go up bit by bit as I visit the Airport. Shame it's a decade too late but we can enjoy the extra capacity for a few decades by the looks of things.

Well, alonso, you know yourself who exactly is responsible for that utterly unnecessary delay.

As you say, it looks a fine building and will in time be a welcome addition to an airport which, at present, badly needs improvement.

asset test

What's with all the steps in the picture? Are we expected to haul ourselves up to the top with bags etc. Maybe they are for the construction workers.Any escalators... I expect so.

A fine looking building so far. At last Calcutta will be gone from DA.

ianfella

What's with all the steps in the picture? Are we expected to haul ourselves up to the top with bags etc. Maybe they are for the construction workers.Any escalators... I expect so.

A fine looking building so far. At last Calcutta will be gone from DA.
Common sense should tell you that stairs will be required in the event of fire and the more there are will help in the event of an evacuation.... think before you speak.

DCon

Will Donie Cassidy be involved with the shops in the new terminal?

McEavelli

a vanity project.........unwanted and unnecessary
Yes, we should have our visitors continue to arrive to the worst shed in European aviation (Ryanair backwaters accepted).

But I fear it doesn't matter, my bet is it sits idle for years as the State bankrupts itself.

alonso

a vanity project.........unwanted and unnecessary
Oh Good God are you for real!!!! It's 15 years late, I think T1 has a capacity of 18 million and was processing 23million in 2006. T2 will bring capcaity to 35million Pax.

The Bertie Bowl was a vanity project, the Western Rail Corridor was a vanity project, Knock airport was a vanity project, E-voting was a vanity project. Terminal 2 is essential for the national economy and the comfort, efficiency and convenience of all passengers.

As for all the stairs, it is a bit Stephen;s Green Shopping Centre alright - but as pointed out (quite harshly) they are more than likely necessary for fire regs

orbit

It reminds me of the awful corrugated iron "tubes" in Heathrow :eek:

Maybe it'll look better when finished.

alonso

Hopefully it has a better finish that Pier D which looks like was 90% completed.

I agree it is built years too late.

Not convinced by the location as it is so close to Terminal 1 bring all the car & bus traffic into the same area.
maybe but they are building a Ground Transportation centre where both terminals will be served by bus and Metro.

Ecoguy

Could potentially be a white elephant like the M3 they way things are going in this country and the rate airlines are pulling out of here:rolleyes:

Horace Horse

It's very ugly.

But let's hope they keep the toilets cleaner than they currently do in Terminal 1.

And it would be nice if public annuncements were made by an Irish voice, someone we can understand, rather than a heavily-accented Eastern European.

Are there no Irish people who can speak into a microphone? Did we have to send to Warsaw for someone to make these announcements (in English!).

McEavelli

It's very ugly.

But let's hope they keep the toilets cleaner than they currently do in Terminal 1.

And it would be nice if public annuncements were made by an Irish voice, someone we can understand, rather than a heavily-accented Eastern European.

Are there no Irish people who can speak into a microphone? Did we have to send to Warsaw for someone to make these announcements (in English!).
Our superior genetic programming is required for more important work, such as driving taxis, you of all people should subscribe to that.

Lloyd-Apjohn

Why is everything in Ireland covered in that dull horrible grey stuff? Which in a few years will be rusty and flithy because the Irish seem incapable of cleaning anything or maintaining it properly - all over Dublin you see the side of building clad in this grey stuff - does some Fianna Fáil TD own the company or something or are Irish architects too lazy to finish buildings properly with materials that will age properly. Can you imagine the state of the boom buildings in about 20 years time - my God if we thought the 60s were bad .....

stanley

Will Donie Cassidy be involved with the shops in the new terminal?

Does a bear plss in the woods, is the Pope a Catholic, does paper refuse ink, of course Donie will be involved its just a matter of finding him and his sliding roof.

riven

What a waste of money. They could have build a functional and simple design such as that in Amsterdam but had to go arty. Reminds me of the waste that is corks terminal; ninety percen ty empty space.

Reality bites

Could potentially be a white elephant like the M3 they way things are going in this country and the rate airlines are pulling out of here:rolleyes:
The DART was also a white elephant when it was opened....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies