Dublin airport V snow

gayguy2000

So I see it's closed again. In other countries, do airports close each time there's a flurry of snow or do we just not have the facilities to deal with it here? Really annoyed as girlfriend coming over tomorrow night from London and looks like she wont be making it.

nixmix

So I see it's closed again. In other countries, do airports close each time there's a flurry of snow or do we just not have the facilities to deal with it here? Really annoyed as girlfriend coming over tomorrow night from London and looks like she wont be making it.
Gatwick is closed too so its not just here.

locke

It depends on the country.

The more used a country is to snow, the more they are prepared and indeed, the more they have invested in snow clearing equipment.

The UK is having some pretty bad problems of its own at the moment. Gatwick seems to have been closed for 2 days.

Although I'd hate if it went wrong as a plan, could she get her flight moved to fly into the South-West (Cork/Shannon/Kerry) where there are fewer problems and get the train up to Dublin?

D

Deleted member 17573

Would you want to pay for snow handling equipment that would be lying idle 350+ days of the year? You´re not gonna get laid tomorrow night - just grin and bear it ....or something;)

Sync

If you'd bothered to look at any news channel or paper in Europe you'd see the problems the snow is causing in most areas. Better to open a mindless thread though.

gayguy2000

Would you want to pay for snow handling equipment that would be lying idle 350+ days of the year? You´re not gonna get laid tomorrow night - just grin and bear it ....or something;)
Even weather systems are conspiring against me...

gayguy2000

If you'd bothered to look at any news channel or paper in Europe you'd see the problems the snow is causing in most areas. Better to open a mindless thread though.
Go and jack off and relieve some stress or something, nazi...

corelli

Your username is not, exactly, conforming to your "girlfriend" being on the way. Save that you use it in a really annoying platonic kind of way.

Claner

more P.ie rubbish, someone to use any op to bash the country. I fly in/out every week and safety is key. maybe you like a crash to hang your complaints off...that would be a juicy one for you and you lot!

Marooned

Its amazing that Belfast has not had any snow.

Had a few flakes on Saturday and nothing since. Not a problem getting round anywhere. The city had no beds in the place for this weekend, but I've heard that over 50% of the beds are now available as the Southern people who were coming up have cancelled.

So if anyone wants a cheap room in Belfast - Time now to get on the blower to Belfast

gayguy2000

is open now but blizzards forecast to start any minute now will probably close it until tomorrow i'd say

cobra

Twitter
dont do twittering nonsense
There is no point in replying to idiots.
this place is the same as the joe duffy whineline

kevmac

My friend texted me from Edinburgh yesterday, the city centre has had over a foot of snow and the airport is closed. I used to do a paper round in Scotland at half six in the morning on my bike in snow this deep. Imagine if Moscow, Denver or any Central or Easter European country had to close every time they got four inches of snow?

Super8

What is it with people today, so bloody self centred. Get over it. We're having the heaviest snow in 20 years in Dublin. Get some perspective will you. Resources for clearing snow are expensive and you can't have a set up like Chicago or Montreal in somewhere like Dublin. If we did, you'd be the type of person to complain that it's a waste of money.

Be realistic and maybe go out and clear the snow off your own path.

gayguy2000

What is it with people today, so bloody self centred. Get over it. We're having the heaviest snow in 20 years in Dublin. Get some perspective will you. Resources for clearing snow are expensive and you can't have a set up like Chicago or Montreal in somewhere like Dublin. If we did, you'd be the type of person to complain that it's a waste of money.

Be realistic and maybe go out and clear the snow off your own path.
I did clear the snow from my path. And the flight got in so win win win.

MadAsHell

:lol:

New Threads

Most Replies