• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Dublin among the top 5 places for New Years Eve!

Neutron

I nearly fell out of my chair when I read this.

Dublin has been named as one of the top 5 places to see in the new year of 2013, the other 4 best places are,

Prague, New South Wales coast, Chian Mai - Thailand and the French Alps, according to The Lonely Planet guide.

(Here was me thinking that London, New york or Sydney would be the best, but what do I know!)

Among the fantastic attractions we have to offer to New Years Eve reavelers are; the annual fireworks display and the ‘torchlit procession of floats, fire breathers and stilt walkers’. According to the article This year’s extended festival will even bigger to mark the start of the Gathering Ireland 2013.

I wonder why RTE never show this amazing show that we have? I always tune into Sky News to watch the London fireworks.

IF YOU’RE MAKING plans for New Year’s Eve, stop what you’re doing right now and take a look at this.
The Lonely Planet guide has chosen its top five destinations for New Year’s Eve 2013, and it has only gone and included Dublin in it.
New Year’s Eve in Dublin? Yes please, says Lonely Planet

mr. jings

Cool. Must arrange a house swap with someone in Prague, so. ;)

anationoceagain

Remember the millennium? Fireworks and pyrotechnics over the Sydney Opera House, Eiffel Tower, London Dome...and in Dublin, Bertie lighting a candle.