Dublin bay north locals 2019

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
Last edited:

Degeneration X

Rumour has it that Pat Crimmins ex-FG councillor is running as an independent in the locals next year in the Donaghmede LEA. He supposedly took a swipe at FG candidates in the Raheny News local rag.

lostexpectation

Website
Rumour has it that Pat Crimmins ex-FG councillor is running as an independent in the locals next year in the Donaghmede LEA. He supposedly took a swipe at FG candidates in the Raheny News local rag.
the candidate at the time he took the swipe.... Terence Flanagan

Degeneration X

The Social Democrats have selected lawyer and Education Equality activist Paddy Monahan to be their candidate for Donaghemede -Raheny (sic) in the local elections next year.

Degeneration X

[video=youtube;zidp4UgNrkE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zidp4UgNrkE[/video]

These intro videos are quite good, PBP getting the lead out early with their candidates. He'll struggle in the Clontarf LEA though.

Verhofstadt

Website
John Lyons has left PBP due to "difficulties I’ve had with the leadership of PBP over the future direction of the party in the Dublin Bay North area over the past six months could ultimately not be resolved." and is setting up "a new leftwing poltical initiative in the Dublin Bay North area"

oday I announce my resignation from People Before Profit (PBP) with immediate effect.I will continue in my role as a Dublin City Councillor representing the wonderful people of the Beaumont-Donaghmede local electoral area and will be running for re-election to Dublin City Council in May’s Local and European Elections.
This decision was not taken lightly nor quickly. I have been a member of the party for a decade, five of those years as an elected representative, but the difficulties I’ve had with the leadership of PBP over the future direction of the party in the Dublin Bay North area over the past six months could ultimately not be resolved.
Despite the fierce and vicious austerity unleashed upon the people of Ireland over the last ten years as a consequence of the bailout of the banks and property speculators, the communities on the northside of Dublin stood up and fought back and it has been an honour to stand with them as we resisted the regressive local property tax, fought the cuts to home help hours, demanded a reversal of service cuts to Dublin Bus, defeated the government on water charges and achieved real social change with the passing of Marriage Equality and the Repeal of the 8th Amendment.
I will continue to campaign for a socially just, economically fair and culturally inclusive Ireland, north and south, in the times ahead. The challenges we as a society face are significant and serious:
the fundamental threat to the future of the planet posed by climate change, the socially destructive income and wealth inequalities, the crises in housing and health, the precarious and poorly paid nature of work, overpriced and underfunded public transport, the increase in racism, the continuation of Direct Provision, all of these problems and many more demand and necessitate a collective response.
To that end, I and many other local campaigners will be launching a new left-wing political initiative in the Dublin Bay North area soon; more details to follow.
Cllr John Lyons
https://www.facebook.com/john.lyons.96199/posts/10156195801122956

SPLITTER!

Degeneration X

John Lyons has left PBP due to "difficulties I’ve had with the leadership of PBP over the future direction of the party in the Dublin Bay North area over the past six months could ultimately not be resolved." and is setting up "a new leftwing poltical initiative in the Dublin Bay North area"

https://www.facebook.com/john.lyons.96199/posts/10156195801122956

SPLITTER!
He'll do better as an independent anyway - it brings up another question as to whether it is too late now for Sol/PBP to run a candidate in Artane-Whitehall to oppose him?

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
He'll do better as an independent anyway - it brings up another question as to whether it is too late now for Sol/PBP to run a candidate in Artane-Whitehall to oppose him?
Since he's left all the more reason they'll now try to finish him as a political rival.

Verhofstadt

Website
Is there any election strategy between Solidarity and PBP in North Dublin these days?

Northsideman

Is there any election strategy between Solidarity and PBP in North Dublin these days?
It mostly involves blades so stand well back, can't just feel the left wing brotherly love.

Degeneration X

No idea, it seemed like when the old Donaghmede-Beaumont was split that O'Brien of AAA/SOL would take Donaghmede (which is exclusively in the Dublin Bay North Constituency) and Lyons of PBP would take Artane-Whitehall (which stretches into the neighbouring Dublin North West Constituency). Which seemed smart given the current polling trends.

I wonder if Lyons leaving PBP was motivated by a desire to retain Donaghmede with a view to the future GE in DBN.

Last edited:

lostexpectation

Website