• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Dublin bay north locals 2019

wombat

FF beat FG in three of the four Lea's. FF should have run a second in Howth-Malahide as should Greens.
Its always a gamble, run too many you can lose all, run too few and you underperform on a good day.

Degeneration X

Its always a gamble, run too many you can lose all, run too few and you underperform on a good day.
Yeah, even the Greens didn't see it coming. Also maybe they couldn't find the candidates. Though FG should have known better than to run three in Donaghmede. Flanagan now needs his personal vote to carry him over.

KingKane

Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
Yeah, even the Greens didn't see it coming. Also maybe they couldn't find the candidates. Though FG should have known better than to run three in Donaghmede. Flanagan now needs his personal vote to carry him over.
What personal vote? He's a former TD who gets 4th in a 5 seat ward, with about 1,200 votes.

Degeneration X

What personal vote? He's a former TD who gets 4th in a 5 seat ward, with about 1,200 votes.
That is his personal vote - it's almost the same as what he got in the GE with Renua and what his brother got out of that area in 2014.

FG were mad to run three.

Frank Castle

That is his personal vote - it's almost the same as what he got in the GE with Renua and what his brother got out of that area in 2014.

FG were mad to run three.
I heard that the idea behind three was to stop this Flanagan guy, it seems they can't deal with fact he came back to FG. Seems to me they tried this move before in last locals. Must be some dumb people running their show.

Degeneration X

I heard that the idea behind three was to stop this Flanagan guy, it seems they can't deal with fact he came back to FG. Seems to me they tried this move before in last locals. Must be some dumb people running their show.
I saw Flanagan won the convention and the other two were added - it sounds like a right clusterfu(k.

Frank Castle

I saw Flanagan won the convention and the other two were added - it sounds like a right clusterfu(k.
So Flanagan won the convention and they then added Cagney and Lacey??????? Wtf what kind half wit thought that a good move. The officer board should be shot.

brughahaha

Haughey and Double J fighting it out for the last seat - it'll be tight. O'Farrell topped poll and is elected, McGrath will be relieved, Cooney elected might take Denise Mitchell's seat in next GE, Heney elected, O Muiri will be elected, Horgan-Jones will be elected, O Riordain relieved.

Not so sure about that , add the Lab first preference for Clontarf and Donaghamede LEA (effectively Dublin Bay North in a general) and you get an average 8.6%
Add the SD first preference and you get 7.2% (up from 5.2 in the GE)

So the old Labour vote is split, the SDs are increasing and it looks like there is a seat for the greens and even if their isnt theyll take votes from Aodhan and all that severely restricts Amadhans chances.

Degeneration X

Not so sure about that , add the Lab first preference for Clontarf and Donaghamede LEA (effectively Dublin Bay North in a general) and you get an average 8.6%
Add the SD first preference and you get 7.2% (up from 5.2 in the GE)

So the old Labour vote is split, the SDs are increasing and it looks like there is a seat for the greens and even if their isnt theyll take votes from Aodhan and all that severely restricts Amadhans chances.
O'Callaghan is definitely better placed after the LE's than he was before it but O Riordain will be happy with that result as things haven't got any worse.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies