Dublin Bus Still Running?

johnfás

The Dublin Bus servers are obviously incapable of taking the load of people who wish to check for updates at the moment. If you go to transport.ie (which we were all encouraged to do) all it does is redirect you to Dublin Bus' own website. It is going all over Twitter now that Dublin Bus has pulled its services but we have no confirmation of this through conventional media. Would be helpful if they were a bit more proactive. The Luas and the AA websites are also down.

civilserpant

the buses have just pu8lled over for the next while.
A colleague whose husband works for them was just told to park and stay til further orders. They're being grounded.

alonso

Yep, all out

danger here

The service is unavailable.

That's bloody true!

johnfás

Dublin Airport use Twitter - why can't the mandarins at Dublin Bus be proactive enough to use other sites (such as Twitter, Politics.ie, Boards.ie etc) in order to get information out when they know their website can't cope.

Aindriu

AA Roadwatch is down as well.

johnfás

It seems nobody in RTE can get through to Dublin Bus on the telephone... none of them in Dublin Bus would be bright enough to maybe try dialling out to a major media organisation?

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
Things must be bad in Dublin. Is it snowing again?
My elderly mother is housebound and is running out of prescription medicine. Not much I can do from up here :(

Expose the lot of them

What the hell are they playing at? How are people supposed to get home from work? Why are the roads not gritted? Bet it won't impact on gormless and tailban ryan, they have their €200,000 per year chariots or it the chariots are off the road they check into the Merrion at our expense.

johnfás

My elderly mother is housebound and is running out of prescription medicine. Not much I can do from up here :(
Actual snowfall seems to be mainly in North Dublin at the moment - we have had nothing major in the last hour or so in South Dublin but they had a blizzard at the airport apparently. That said, the roads are absolutely awful in South Dublin at the minute - which is causing accidents and thus even more delays and hazards.

Expose the lot of them

That is really bad, where about is she in Dublin? could you not call a neighbour or Age Action or even her chemist. I gather Age Action are trying to keep in touch with housebound elderly people and I know many local chemists will deliver.

Hooch

I tried to get into DCU but after 45 mins of waiting at the bus stop someone told me that all the buses are stuck in town because they can't get uphill or something like that.

I walked home and on the way I saw loads of buses heading into the city centre but none coming back out.

borntorum

According to Lyric FM news, Dublin Bus running a 'limited service on all routes'.

Whatever that means

alonso

Expose the lot of them

Actual snowfall seems to be mainly in North Dublin at the moment - we have had nothing major in the last hour or so in South Dublin but they had a blizzard at the airport apparently. That said, the roads are absolutely awful in South Dublin at the minute - which is causing accidents and thus even more delays and hazards.
Has been snowing on and off in Terenure for the last hour.

cb1979

Just in the door. Got on a bus at College Green. We got 100 yards down Dame Street when the bus pulled over and let us all out. There were buses pulled over the entire length of Dame Street and the traffic was gridlocked. Walked home and no buses passed me.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies