• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Dublin City Council apology but no responsibility

Howya

Dublin City Council criticised over Poolbeg costs - RTÉ News

An audit of the Poolbeg Incinerator project has criticised Dublin City Council for spiralling costs now totalling over €80 million.

The report from the local government auditor found that project management was "weak" and "not adequate".

City Manager John Tierney has apologised for the shortcomings
So here we have an example of wasted tax payers money, an apology but no-one is really taking responsibility. ....Ah sure we spent a bit more than we should have, but that's ok, plenty more where that came from....:mad:

Asparagus

He IS sorry.

Have a fecking heart, its christmas.

ger12

Accountability in Ireland ..... nul points!

firefly123

They only sack regular staff for fûcking up.

D

Dylan2010

I'm sure the owners and staff of all the shops that have closed down due to these clowns and their excessive rates will accept the apology in good grace.

Analyzer

ger12

Minister Hogan could still allow Gormleys "independent" review proceed in Dublin City Council?

firefly123

No they don't. They sack nobody. Especially not for screwing up.
Beg to differ. I know of 3 lads sacked in my section. It happens. But the higher you go the less likely it is.

Howya

No they don't. They sack nobody. Especially not for screwing up.
You get put out to pasture with a golden goodbye and a nice fat pension...Central Bank; FAS....