• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Dublin City Council new election boundaries

cillian32

Extra seat for new Beaumont/Donaghmede ward .....SF to take 3 here.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
whats your own ?
Rather not say, might some time have to answer a few questions at my local cumman regarding my comments on the ' orangies ' :rolleyes: :lol:

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com

cllr

Finally got a chance today to study the new Boundaries - interesting in many cases. In my own DSE there are two new Areas Pembroke/South Dock and Rathgar/Pembroke.

I am delighted to see Donnybrook and Sandymount Villages united and both united back with their natural neighbours in Ringsend and the Inner City. Given that I had previously represeneted the Portobello area between 1993 an 1999 I look forward to getting reacquainted with those areas again. All in all I like them.

If I do get re-elected I will theh have the honour of having represented at one stahe or another all of DSE

cllr

Finally got a chance today to study the new Boundaries - interesting in many cases. In my own DSE there are two new Areas Pembroke/South Dock and Rathgar/Pembroke.

I am delighted to see Donnybrook and Sandymount Villages united and both united back with their natural neighbours in Ringsend and the Inner City. Given that I had previously represented the Portobello area between 1993 an 1999 I look forward to getting reacquainted with those areas again. All in all I like them.

If I do get re-elected I will then have the honour of having represented at one stage or another all of DSE

cllr

Any word on the likely runners particularly here in my own Dublin bay south. Was out and about today - tough but winnable campaign ahead

brughahaha

Any word on the likely runners particularly here in my own Dublin bay south. Was out and about today - tough but winnable campaign ahead
Not for Labour it ain't .......and on that, 2 friends that are Labour party members agree

Its going to be a bloodbath for Labour Im afraid

cllr

Ah brughahaha I am up for the fight. Pembroke south dock area is a great one and yes I do hope to represent it on the council as a labour councillor. Will not be complacent but will not be hiding behind the door either

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Ah brughahaha I am up for the fight. Pembroke south dock area is a great one and yes I do hope to represent it on the council as a labour councillor. Will not be complacent but will not be hiding behind the door either
It's now an 8 seater, I hear that SF may put up two candidates instead of the usual one ( when it was 6 before ? ). Daithi Doolan was the last to have a seat for SF there until 2009, good grafter Doolan, he's out in Ballyfermot now and standing there I think. Labour to get a bashing in Dublin SE, Labour have 3 seats there ? You'll be lucky to hold onto one seat.

brughahaha

Best of luck ...although i won't be voting for Labour personally ... Not for the foreseeable future

jackryan

It's now an 8 seater, I hear that SF may put up two candidates instead of the usual one ( when it was 6 before ? ). Daithi Doolan was the last to have a seat for SF there until 2009, good grafter Doolan, he's out in Ballyfermot now and standing there I think. Labour to get a bashing in Dublin SE, Labour have 3 seats there ? You'll be lucky to hold onto one seat.
I think in the DSE in total Labour have 5 will be hard enough to defend the bigger areas will probably save them from a total bloodbath? SF should take 1 Pembroke and I wonder will Chris Andrews run as an Indo?

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
I think in the DSE in total Labour have 5 will be hard enough to defend the bigger areas will probably save them from a total bloodbath? SF should take 1 Pembroke and I wonder will Chris Andrews run as an Indo?
You are indeed right Lab have 5 in Dublin SE. They'll be lucky to hang onto 2.

South East Area Councillors

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Not for Labour it ain't .......and on that, 2 friends that are Labour party members agree

Its going to be a bloodbath for Labour Im afraid

Agreed, Labor had a fantastic election in Dublin City in 2009 and came close to getting an overall majority. That was when they were the party of protest against the FF/GP government. Both FF and the Greens had a disaster.

Now we've swung through 180 degrees. Labour are now part of an unpopular government and especially in Dublin, the most despised element of the government. However the biggest constituencies should help them out. They should (just about) be able to take one seats in each ward and where they have strong candidates with a strong personal vote may pick up a second. That would give them somewhere between 9 and 12 seats down from 19. Of course in terms of power within the Corporation they will be hugely down as the overall number of councillors will go from 52 to 63.

cllr

I shall certainly be seeking to retain our three seats in Pembroke south dock and see that as quite possible

kbcav

I shall certainly be seeking to retain our three seats in Pembroke south dock and see that as quite possible
It will be impossible for labour to win 3 seats in Pembroke South Dock.Believe me i live in the area and labour are despised.1 seat at best.

cllr

I live in it too- always have and represented it for over twenty years - I think I know it too

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies