Dublin councilor John Lyons resigns from PBP

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
John Lyons was a real possibility of getting a seat in Dublin Bay North. In fairness JL was one of the better ones in PBP though the hardcore Trots will deny it, he was much less a hardcore Trot than say TDs Brid Smith or Gino Kelly (I'd put Richard Boy Barret as a less hardcore Trot too BTW). A great supporter of the anti water charges movement, Palestine, Save Moore St etc he stated "The difficulties I’ve had with the leadership of PBP over the future direction of the party in the Dublin Bay North area over the past six months could ultimately not be resolved,”.

And he would be launching a “new left-wing political initiative” in the north Dublin constituency, along with other local activists, in the near future. So will he tie in with Independents4Change or what ? Quite a blow for a small party like PBP regardless.

Dublin councillor resigns from People Before Profit

Dublin Bay North results 2016, JL was in with a chance until the last count.
Dublin Bay North (Dáil constituency) - Wikipedia

Northsideman

John Lyons was a real possibility of getting a seat in Dublin Bay North. In fairness JL was one of the better ones in PBP though the hardcore Trots will deny it, he was much less a hardcore Trot than say TDs Brid Smith or Gino Kelly (I'd put Richard Boy Barret as a less hardcore Trot too BTW). A great supporter of the anti water charges movement, Palestine, Save Moore St etc he stated "The difficulties I’ve had with the leadership of PBP over the future direction of the party in the Dublin Bay North area over the past six months could ultimately not be resolved,”.

And he would be launching a “new left-wing political initiative” in the north Dublin constituency, along with other local activists, in the near future. So will he tie in with Independents4Change or what ? Quite a blow for a small party like PBP regardless.

Another left wing splinter, in a five seater with 2 assured for the right in Haughey and Bruton and also Amadan in with a shout for a third right wing seat. Anything could happen but hard to see this doing Lyons now doing any major damage to the rest of the leftists in the field.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Another left wing splinter, in a five seater with 2 assured for the right in Haughey and Bruton and also Amadan in with a shout for a third right wing seat. Anything could happen but hard to see this doing Lyons now doing any major damage to the rest of the leftists in the field.
Tommy Broughan Indos4Change has a seat but is 70 so will hardly stand again. Finian McGrath who got elected as an Independent could well get a drop from his anti establishment base. Amadan should get one, doubtful but not impossible SF to get a second seat.

gijoe

Surely he is setting up an Independent run? The PBP did well on the back of water charges the last time, they don't have a similar clarion call this time at present.

flavirostris

Any setback to these communist idiots is to be welcomed.

Northsideman

Tommy Broughan Indos4Change has a seat but is 70 so will hardly stand again. Finian McGrath who got elected as an Independent could well get a drop from his anti establishment base. Amadan should get one, doubtful but not impossible SF to get a second seat.
Not a chance SF will get a second seat, Amadan might scrape in but folk haven't forgotten that Labour back stabbed em. Would love to see McGrath getting the gate, he could take up busking in Henry St. Tommy might go again, I hope he does.

Northsideman

Surely he is setting up an Independent run? The PBP did well on the back of water charges the last time, they don't have a similar clarion call this time at present.
There are too many on the left, they are all over the shop.

Housing is the new water.

Polybius

Kieran Allen is the puppet master. He pulls all the strings behind the scene. Boyd Barrett is just a patsy.

Verhofstadt

Website
Not a chance SF will get a second seat, Amadan might scrape in but folk haven't forgotten that Labour back stabbed em. Would love to see McGrath getting the gate, he could take up busking in Henry St. Tommy might go again, I hope he does.
Aodhan is running a good ground campaign and will pull in some to Broughan's old Labour votes, I'll put money on him getting elected.

cricket

The link is behind a paywall but his facebook page mentions difficulties with the leadership about the future direction of the party. That could mean just about anything, but he doesn't elaborate.

Northsideman

Aodhan is running a good ground campaign and will pull in some to Broughan's old Labour votes, I'll put money on him getting elected.
Get on so, he spends half the day on twitter. I think folk prefer to judge people by what they do not what they say and that being the case he will struggle because he back stabbed those who voted for him.

the secretary

Makes a change from a shinner resigning from SF I suppose Pinocchio.

Degeneration X

Broughan is standing again though, not sure if he is still affiliated with I4C.

former wesleyan

That'll put food on the table.

Degeneration X

He's got a good chance of getting elected but he won't get any of Tommy's votes as they are either still with Tommy or have left Labour for other parties/indos. O Riordain's best bet is to target Averil Power's vote from last time, they share a policy message and Power isn't running this time (as far as we know).

Degeneration X

True, he is one of the very few in PBP who could reasonably expect to survive the near wipe-out they'll experience in the next locals and now they've lost him. A big problem for PBP.

freewillie

A great loss. How will I sleep tonight?

Northsideman

He's got a good chance of getting elected but he won't get any of Tommy's votes as they are either still with Tommy or have left Labour for other parties/indos. O Riordain's best bet is to target Averil Power's vote from last time, they share a policy message and Power isn't running this time (as far as we know).
I doubt she'll parachute into the caldera again.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies