Dublin councilor John Lyons resigns from PBP

Telstar 62

So basically another Left Wing egotist has thrown his toys out of the pram.... :sneaky:

cricket

He says he disagreed with the party leadership but doesn't say what the issues were. To be honest, I can't remember who the leader is.
I remember back when Joe Higgins headed up Militant in Labour. They were, in reality, a party within a party and run as a cult. Woe betide anyone in militant who disagreed with the leader as they were ostracised to the extent that they would be better off on the outside. I was never a member but remember one in particular who took issue with Higgins on his line on NI. Within a short time he was gone, back to the mainstream of the party. Others who were given the cold shoulder left the party completely.
I suspect that PBP is run on similar lines.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
True, he is one of the very few in PBP who could reasonably expect to survive the near wipe-out they'll experience in the next locals and now they've lost him. A big problem for PBP.
Don't see how you can say the Trots will experience near wipe out at the locals, they are not bad grafters for the community, will hold in most places I'd say. John Lyons was about PBP's best chance to get a Dail seat along with the other three, gone now.

PBP voter

Don't see how you can say the Trots will experience near wipe out at the locals, they are not bad grafters for the community, will hold in most places I'd say. John Lyons was about PBP's best chance to get a Dail seat along with the other three, gone now.

It's not as if PBP have huge numbers at local level.

PBP won 14 seats last local elections.

Even Lab got 50.

They could easily be wiped out on a bad day.

midlander12

There aren't enough lefty factions as it is, at least one more is needed. Anything that dilutes the anti-everything vote and reduces the chances of another left seat is good.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
Tommy Broughan Indos4Change has a seat but is 70 so will hardly stand again. Finian McGrath who got elected as an Independent could well get a drop from his anti establishment base. Amadan should get one, doubtful but not impossible SF to get a second seat.
TB isn't a member of I4C

DJP

In other news with the far-left I see that the SP/Solidarity have picked their heavyweight candidates for the locals in Dublin West. :)

RasherHash

PBP and the left are a distraction from a real left alternative.

More than anything if the left got together they would have some chance but if not they are a mere distraction and really no major use to the working class.

Imo they should all get behind SF as the only real viable alternative to the ffgl criminal cartel.

OrderoftheDragon

A walk in for a rightwinger.......

OrderoftheDragon

What is? Lyons vacant PBP spot?
One of the seats, someone said Aodhan would get the rightwing seat.......WTF like !!!. Aodhan is as liberal as they come, the full on openborders,asylum seeking, abortionist, lgbt whatever your having yourself rainbow warrior.

Degeneration X

One of the seats, someone said Aodhan would get the rightwing seat.......WTF like !!!. Aodhan is as liberal as they come, the full on openborders,asylum seeking, abortionist, lgbt whatever your having yourself rainbow warrior.
Is Haughey not in one of the seats, already?

SuirView

There are too many on the left, they are all over the shop.

Housing is the new water.
Poor SF changed their policy on 'Irish Water' because of Paul Murphy!
You do know this?

flavirostris

Catalpast

[video=youtube;qeAMOukNmSA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeAMOukNmSA[/video]
Well if its this fellow his opening remarks contain some Prize Clangers!

In 1914 Most of the countries of the World were painted Red [ie British Empire]

Er no it wasn't Comrade!

By the time of the First World War every single country on this planet bar Liberia had been colonized by the major western powers

Is this Guy for real?

Not colonized by the Western Powers

Abyssinia
Afghanistan
Persia
Central Arabia
Turkish Empire
Siam [Thailand]
Japan
Korea+
China*

+ Colonized by Japan

* bar a few specks on the Periphery

Maybe this guy should read a few works of History 1st...

Last edited:

cricket

This is a new Kieran Allen to me, wasn't there a guy with the same name involved in the unemployment movement ?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies