• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Dublin is short of drinking water, again.

Pat Gill

Website
www.energyco-ops.ie
Twitter
Pat_Gill
Dublin City Council have just put the following message on their homepage.

Treated water storage is currently at an unsustainably low level. In an effort to maintain storage we are asking consumers to assist us in maintaining adequate water supplies by restricting their use of water as much as possible. We will be reducing pressures throughout the system in order to conserve supplies. While we will try, as far as possible, to maintain pressures during peak demand periods, pressures will be reduced at other times

Dublin City Council: Services, information and support for the people of Dublin
My first comment is that if we are short of potable water after a very cold and wet winter, what has this summer got in store for us.

Will we see that pipeline to the Shannon being built sooner than everyone thought ?

Leinster12

My first comment is that if we are short of potable water after a very cold and wet winter, what has this summer got in store for us.

The very same thought was running through my own mind. It can't be that losses have increased due to pipes bursting either. Seems strange.

I'm sure we can blame it all on wind turbines though.

Orbit v2

Pat, what they said is that treated water is in short supply - not the actual raw material itself. My guess is that demand is just increasing and we don't have the treatment capacity to supply it.

asset test

Water rates imminent. This is their way of justifying that.

No money, no treated water.

dizillusioned

Love the part " we are repairing breaks as soon as they occur".. there has been a broken pipe in Inchicore for about three weeks, nothing has been done.

emulator

Love the part " we are repairing breaks as soon as they occur".. there has been a broken pipe in Inchicore for about three weeks, nothing has been done.
The Councils have contractors in and they're not working out.... the shirts that made the decision and brought them in won't admit the mistake....

Meanwhile, the water gets pumped into the ground. :mad:

Mushroom

How often have you reported it?

Pat Gill

Website
www.energyco-ops.ie
Twitter
Pat_Gill
Pat, what they said is that treated water is in short supply - not the actual raw material itself. My guess is that demand is just increasing and we don't have the treatment capacity to supply it.
Orbit v2,

You are correct that it is the treated stuff where the shortage is, but the thread title does say drinking water.

I was being mischieveous when I mentioned the Shannon.

Again from their website,
In addition water demand is currently running higher than average due to the cold weather which has caused an increase in leakage. Our crews are repairing any breaks as they arise. To help us in this regard we would ask people to report any location where they see water rising or running.

Pat Gill

Website
www.energyco-ops.ie
Twitter
Pat_Gill
Water rates imminent. This is their way of justifying that.

No money, no treated water.
In an effort to maintain storage we are asking consumers to assist us in maintaining adequate water supplies by restricting their use of water as much as possible. We will be reducing pressures throughout the system in order to conserve supplies. While we will try, as far as possible, to maintain pressures during peak demand periods, pressures will be reduced at other times. This will result in lower pressures and in some cases possible loss of supply. People may notice reductions in pressure or loss of supply from 10pm tonight (28th March 2013) to between 7am and 9am on Friday morning (29th March 2013) throughout the entire city.

Water Conservation Notice and Possible Disruption to Water Supply Thursday 28th March 2013 | Major Alerts
Might be best to wash your hair earlier rather than later.

Analyzer

Ireland would sober up quickly if those clowns were put in charge of largest brewery in the state.

Dame_Enda

The politicians should have planned for this before throwing open the doors to Eastern Europe. Population growth has consequences. :roll: