Dublin Mayor to open Book of Condolences for Fidel

sean treacy

Gerry Adams has confirmed he will attend Fidel's funeral,just like he did when Mandela died.

the secretary

Gerry Adams has confirmed he will attend Fidel's funeral,just like he did when Mandela died.
Does SF have representatives in Cuba?
They used to send people out there every summer.

ger12

O'Sullivan Bere

It's a mistake. Castro was an autocrat with a poor track record on civil rights, running Cuba economically into the ground, supporting other communist autocracies and movements, drove mass emigration in dangerous escapades, etc.

He deserves some credit for bringing education and health care to the poor and standing up to soft imperialism from Western capitalist powers (US chief amongst them) and dislodging Cuban and other Hispanic junta elites. That said, that despots sometimes do good things too isn't acquitting. If anything, he let Cuba down in being a replacement for the Batista years and over a much longer period.

Last edited:

diaspora-mick

Was it anything like this?

`Dear Diana, very sorry that you are dead,' is a young Dubliner's tribute

Quote:

At the British embassy in Ballsbridge, Dublin, yesterday, officials described as "striking" the depth of the grief shown by Irish people as they queued in the sunshine to sign the book of condolences.

Mr Sean Stenson (32) from Dublin was among the first of many who arrived, clutching flowers and cards. He had been in London when he heard the news.
"The sense of shock there was unbelievable," he said. "We went for a meal and Diana was the only topic of conversation. She was such a lovely presence. She said so much just with her eyes."

Paddy loves a good book of condolence.
Yis are not too bad at it yeerselves ...

Rodgers calls for curbs on Belfast council books of condolence - Belfast Newsletter

automaticforthepeople

We're talking full exec service in 1st class with extra legroom the whole way there so! Has he run this past his VBF Peter King to see if he thinks it's a good idea?

Roman Emperor

They had a rep in Cuba but they didn't even know he was on the books 'till Mortar and the other two amigos overdid it with dowel bird watching...

Glenshane4

Another fact to add amongst a pile of reasons why he shouldn't ever be deemed a credible choice for running Irish affairs.
I hope that by "Irish affairs" you mean "Eire affairs." I would hate to think that you were passing judgement on the fitness of an elected leader of Northern Ireland Catholics to have a say in how Northern Ireland is governed.

NAPBAR

I know there are other threads on the death of Castro, but I think the decision of the first citizen of Dublin to shame us by opening a Book of Condolences is worthy of separate discussion.

Well, I shall be at the Mansion House tomorrow. With my pen. Or perhaps a thick marker :)
Are you bringing your brother?

The Herren

I know there are other threads on the death of Castro, but I think the decision of the first citizen of Dublin to shame us by opening a Book of Condolences is worthy of separate discussion.

Well, I shall be at the Mansion House tomorrow. With my pen. Or perhaps a thick marker :)

I heard what that fool "Mayor" had to say and ithad no logic behind it. He is obviously slavishly follow orders from his handler ( i suspect he only has one). Has the ignoramus ever heard of the Cuban missile crisis or does he believe that it too was a hoax along the moon landing?

NAPBAR

Eamonn De Valera signed the book of condolences for Adolf Hitler in 1945.

The Irish president would like Irish people to behave in the same manner toward Cuba after the death of the mass murder: Fidel Casto.
Every American President that has ever lived was responsible for more murders than Castro. Fact.

Only difference is that a lot of people have no problem with certain murders or murderers.

An awful shortage of mirrors in a lot of peoples homes.

Old Mr Grouser

If he gets permission.

Article 12 Section 9 of the Constitution:
"The President shall not leave the state during his term of office save with the consent of the Government."
They're easily squared No Problem.

He'll just take some of them with him.

Seanie Lemass

Every American President that has ever lived was responsible for more murders than Castro. Fact.

Only difference is that a lot of people have no problem with certain murders or murderers.

An awful shortage of mirrors in a lot of peoples homes.

Shut the fk up.

Are you bringing your brother ;)

Trampas

Jarry's attendance at that funeral should tell SF voters all they need to know. It won't of course because they are all thick as sh1te.

The Herren

SF/IRA used Cuba as a base to stir the shyt in Peru by helping FARC drug pushers heap even more years of misery on innocent fellow Peruvians. Farc was very appreciative of the Peace Process mechanics which SF/IRA imparted. Particularly the bits concerning advanced bombing techniques resulting in optimum destruction.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies