Dublin Metro Line - A Deep Folly or Long Overdue? NTA annouce Plan for line from from Sandyford to Swords

Catalpast

Dublin Metro Line - A Deep Folly or Long Overdue? NTA annouce Plan for line from from Sandyford to Swords

Dublin Metro Line - A Deep Folly or Long Overdue?

NTA annouce Plan for line from from Sandyford to Swords ...and Beyond

Plans for a €3bn underground Metro service in Dublin have been unveiled by the National Transport Authority.
CEO of the NTA Anne Graham said the 26km track should be operational by 2027 if it succeeds in the planning process.

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2018/0322/949357-nta-unveils-3bn-underground-metro-plan/

Good Luck with that!

Personally I think it has to be done.

I doubt if it will come in anywhere near 3 Billion or even be totally finished on time.

But laying the foundations of an Underground system is essential if the quality of Life in Dublin is to be taken seriously as a Modern World City.

London's Underground has origins in 1863, the Paris Metro since 1900 and the Moskovsky metropolitan in 1935

- so we have a bit of catching up to do!

The Nal

Fúcking finally!

Now lets go west with it please.

The Field Marshal

It will be a haven for every knacker in Dublin, UNLESS there is proper security
Seems designed to serve all the scrotes and scaldies all right.
Bad enough that they are Luased in free of charge from Tallaght.
[Does anybody other than tourists ever actually buy a ticket on that thing?}

LookWhoItIs

Plans for a €3bn underground Metro service in Dublin have been unveiled by the National Transport Authority.
CEO of the NTA Anne Graham said the 26km track should be operational by 2027 if it succeeds in the planning process.

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2018/0322/949357-nta-unveils-3bn-underground-metro-plan/

Good Luck with that!

I doubt if it will come in anywhere near 3 Billion or even be totally finished on time.

But laying the foundations of an Underground system is essential if the quality of Life in Dublin is to be taken seriously as a Modern World City.

London's Underground has origins in 1863, the Paris Metro since 1900 and the Moskovsky metropolitan in 1935

Seems like an awful lot of stops - do some of these stations already exist ? - reducing the number could cuts the costs alot ?

odlum

This is the FG cheap metro. We need the far sighted better FF metro.

FF will need to scrap this scheme when we take charge later this year.

Spanner Island

Good Luck with that!

From Charlemont to Sandyford it seems to mirror the LUAS green line?

As Cliff Claven might say... What's up with that?

Spanner Island

This is the FG cheap metro. We need the far sighted better FF metro.

FF will need to scrap this scheme when we take charge later this year.
Yeah... the eFFing idiots who put Mary O'Rourke in charge at a key point in the development of the LUAS that led to the city centre overground shambles...

And this after she'd been involved in the shambolic flotation of Eircom...

:)... if you were ever any good at trolling (which I doubt)... you're certainly no good at it now you sad sap...

Catalpast

Seems like an awful lot of stops - do some of these stations already exist ? - reducing the number could cuts the costs alot ?
You need passenger numbers to recoup your costs

- but I reckon a trip from Sandyford to Tara would take the guts of an hour...

The Nal

45 ish mins from Sandyford to the airport. Basing this on it being 50 minutes from Sandyford to Swords.

20 minutes from the airport to town.

The Nal

I hope your right!
Well thats what they're saying.

You need passenger numbers to recoup your costs
Not really. If it makes it more enticing for tourism and trade we can happily run an empty train around for 12 hours of the day as long as it gets people into town and other places where they can spend money.

Every facet of public service doesn't have to be financially self sufficient. A very bizarre outdated Irish way of thinking. Which is why its taken us until 2018 to propose this. After the disaster of a FF one.

Aquilius

Will this be linked up with the Luas at Stephens Green or is it an underground route along the same route as the Luas to Sandyford from town?

gleeful

Good Luck with that!

Why can't they connect Estuary to the Belfast-Dublin line? Its soooo close! Its less than 2km.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies